Page 4 of 20 
Username Post: Healthy Living        (Topic#1584841)
flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to fknapoleon

Hi, ya'll. I hope everyone's having a better week than I have diet & exercise wise.

DH brought me a beautiful birthday cake this morning & we'll go out to eat today, so this day's shot.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to flintridgescrapper

Happy Birthday Judy!!!!

And don't think of the day as shot...that's negative thinking and that will surely make it worse. If you can, and I know you probably can't right now, get at least a little bit of exercise in today, no matter how little and it will make you feel less bad when you indulge in your beautiful delicious cake.
This morning when I was brushing my teeth I ran in place... see a little bit but still something.

And if you can, try to find something you like to eat but is healthy or try your best to make the unhealthy food you're eating a bit healthier. For example: if you have a hamburger make sure to have them remove the mayo, or if you have a salad ask for dressing on the side. see little things...

Not trying to tell you not to enjoy your birthday but I just figured maybe you wouldn't feel as bad if you got a little bit of healthy in...right?

Plus this thread is to encourage and motivate so I am trying to do that...

Anyway whatever you choose to do, I hope it's a good one!!!

Edited by Doreena on 02-08-13 07:53 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to Doreena

Thank you, Doreena! I needed that. Sometimes I just say it's shot anyway, so just cram it all in & enjoy! But that's the way of thinking that got me here in the 1st place.

Good idea to add movement to the everyday routine things. Gonna have to start trying that!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

You're very welcome, Judy!

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Doreena

Hey Judy, it doesn't do any harm to have a day off for your birthday. You have to allow yourself a holiday without guilt every now and then. Mental health is just as important as physical health. Have a lovely day!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to RedSquirrel

Hello ladies how are you all doing. I am ok. I did do tobata yesterday for 30 minutes and then zumba for a hour.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to babigirl

Today is sin day, as well as being cycle day 1. Ask me on Monday and my answer may be more positive!

All the best to everyone else, and keep warm if you're in the snowy parts!

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon
In response to RedSquirrel

I wish we were getting some of that snow! It's been so boring here.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Doreena

Doreena you do not seem like one to be shy to me but i guess it's differnt in real life.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Has anyone ever used MFP. I just joined it. It looks interesting. You may want to check it out

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Sorry i haven't been keeping up will do better my uncle was admitted to ICU on yesterday just been a busy week.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to babigirl

Oh no Shatema, that's awful!
Hope he doesn't have to stay there long.

BTW - what is MFP?

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon
In response to Doreena

What is MFP?
I had a rough night last night and will have a rough day today. It's my boys' birthdays and they all had cake, ice cream, and pizza. And I just had my measly chicken and rice. I stayed strong though. I'll have to do it all again today since today is their birthday party with their friends. So more cake and pizza. I'm really trying to stay strong though.

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty

Judy, Happy Birthday!

Shatema, sorry to hear about your Uncle.

I think MFP is My Fit Pal?? maybe??

If anyone wants my snow they can come get it, I hate snow. I think we got like 5 inches.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to cutencrafty

MFP my fitness pal

Kendra you cand do it.

Doreen and Michelle Thanks

Michelle you can keep the snow

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-09-13 04:31 PM
In response to babigirl

Hi everyone! Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

We ran errands today and ended up eating really bad. But when I weighed in this morning I finally broke the 10 lb mark. I started on January 14, so not quite a month. I am jazzed!

Tomorrow we will be going to the store and stocking up on healthy food again. We had been doing really well about cooking on Sunday and making a really healthy crustless quiche for breakfasts during the week and then making something we could have as leftovers. Last weekend we didn't do that and it threw our entire week off. This week we'll get it right.

Shatema, nice job on working out!

By the way, I'm on MFP as well. My name over there is lilithe1 - feel free to add me as a friend.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to Vae

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

We ate at Cheddar's. My first time there, so I wasn't familiar with the portion sizes. Someone told the me appetizer onion rings were really good, so we got some of those & I about passed out when they brought us a plate that was piled HIGH with them. I did get grilled lemon pepper chicken & it was wonderful.

We are still eating on my birthday cake, but I'm hoping to get back on tract again!

10 lbs, Jarvae??? That's awesome girl!

Shatema, hope your uncle is better.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Jsrvae yay 10 pounds thats great. I messed but last night to had a really big dinner. But i did do some dancing around the house as a workout last night

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon
In response to babigirl

Congratulations Jarvae! That's awesome to lose ten pounds. And Shatema, at least you did a little exercise!

This weekend was a huge test but I didn't give in. I went through two parties and didn't eat pizza or cake. That's a huge accomplishment.

I just tell myself that that cake will still be there in a couple months. Or whatever food I can't eat!!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Kendra great job with self control

Page 4 of 20 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics