Page 6 of 20 
Username Post: Healthy Living        (Topic#1584841)
cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty
In response to flintridgescrapper

lol, I eat when stressed or depressed too. A big bowl of pasta makes me happy.

What do you ladies eat for lunch?

I find lunch to be a hard one. For breakfast I eat cereal or egg whites and a english muffin. I think if I can bring something healthy instead of buying that would help me and then dinner eat my usual dinner but eat less.

flintridgescrapper
Idol
flintridgescrapper
In response to cutencrafty

I'm not the one to answer this one very good. My husband works nights & he keeps funny hours. He'll sleep about 5 hours, get up & eat, WORK OUT (crazy man, lol!) shower & whatever else and then go back to bed for about 2-3 hours. All that being said, if I'm not working at town, I'll fix our big meal of the day around 2-2:30, and then our evening meal is something lighter. If I have to work at town, I'll just usually take leftovers from the day before.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-13-13 01:00 PM

Ah... lunch... for me that's the easiest meal of the day. For one, I forget lunch or run late in the morning at least once a week. So on this diet go-round (I yo-yo with the best of 'em) I have been packing my lunch at night and putting it in a plastic bag in the fridge so it's ready to go in the morning. Complete with napkin, bottle of water, snacks, everything. This has been working out very well for me.

But just in case, I keep a can of healthy soup in my desk, as well as one of those tuna kits with the crackers and all that. I can't stand canned tuna, but when you're THAT hungry and you just have to eat, it's nice to have some backups. I like my backups to be not tempting, because then I definitely won't eat it out of boredom or stress... only when I'm starved.

For most days, I take leftovers from the night before. We make sure we always cook enough food for 4 meals per person: 2 lunches and 2 dinners. That way we don't have to cook every night because for us, that isn't practical. I also get those individual servings of steamed veggies from the freezer section and nuke one of those at lunch. Pict sweet makes some yummy veggies and with a tuscan herb thing going on.

Another thing I do is keep individual portions of pre-cooked taco meat in the freezer. In a pinch, I get some lettuce tomato and salsa and make a taco salad. I can even get a side salad at a fast food place and top it with taco meat and I'm good to go.

flintridgescrapper
Idol
flintridgescrapper
In response to Vae

I like the idea of the individual taco meat portions. I shall have to do that.

flintridgescrapper
Idol
flintridgescrapper

Well, well. Stress came home to bite me in the rear end tonight. Found out major changes are happening @ work & don't even know if I'll continue to have a job or not. Anybody wanna guess what I did when I got home???????? Betcha can't guess!!!!

RedSquirrel
Idol
RedSquirrel

Oh no Judy, I'm sorry. When will they tell you the decisions?

flintridgescrapper
Idol
flintridgescrapper
In response to RedSquirrel

I don't know, Rosey. I'm so annoyed with my boss right now, because the only way I even knew is that I heard it through the grapevine. We're a small company, and I talk with him almost daily. He even had me getting some info for him that I now know would be for his possible sell-out. He just wasn't man enough to tell me about it.

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon

So sorry Judy.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to fknapoleon

Oh no Judy! That's awful! Good luck!

Diva

Stress feeds my stomach! I am an emotional eater!

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty
In response to bayamonesa1

Judy, sorry maybe things will change for the good.

Well, someone's wife made a cake for us here at work and of course lunch didn't fill me up so I had a piece and I'm still hungry and now craving more sweets I should just stayyyyyy away from sugar once I have a bit I want a bunch of it.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to cutencrafty

• cutencrafty Said:
Judy, sorry maybe things will change for the good.

Well, someone's wife made a cake for us here at work and of course lunch didn't fill me up so I had a piece and I'm still hungry and now craving more sweets I should just stayyyyyy away from sugar once I have a bit I want a bunch of it.

Me Too!!!

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to Doreena

Judy, I hope your boss will let you know what is going on with work soon. It's an aweful feeling not knowing what will be happening with ones job.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to armygirl

Hello ladies how are you all. Me i am not sure how i am doing. We thought my uncle was doing better but when my aunt talk to the dr my uncle is in stage four cancer and it's spreading. My auntie has been so strong through all of this but i think this has def got her down. I have never heard her sound so defeated. My uncle said he is still going to fight it though and the doctor told them as long as he was willing to fight he is willing to treat him. So please pray the strength of my uncle my aunt and their son

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

ok i really need to do better with this catching up thing

Diva
In response to babigirl

So sorry about your uncle. What type of cancer. I have COlon Cancer Satge IV and it spread to my chest, back of intestines, etc. I did Chemo with Avastin and they are gone and the ones behind my intestines are shrinking. I will have another body scan on March 1st and trusting God that everything will be gone! Keep the faith for whatever God's plans are for Uncle's life. Hope you aunt stays faithiful and believing anything can happens if your uncle has a positive attitude!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to bayamonesa1

Thanks Melba for your encouraging words i needed to hear that he has lung cancer

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-15-13 09:38 PM
In response to babigirl

Judy, I hope everything works out for you. Just remember it will all be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end.

Shatema my thoughts go out to you and your family!

Hope everyone else is doing well. Valentine's threw me off quite a bit. I almost forgot to log into MFP today. I might have missed the window and then my # of days will start over. Oh well. Hubs made heart shaped pizzas and got my favorite ice cream, cheesecake, and cherry dr pepper. But tomorrow we'll work on that cooking thing again.

flintridgescrapper
Idol
flintridgescrapper
In response to Vae

Oh, Jarvae, I LOVE what you said. THANK YOU so much!

It's been a stress filled week here. I've probably still got a job, but I just don't know what it will be doing. The job I have now is perfect for me, and it worries me to know it will change.

Eating has been horrible!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-16-13 10:11 AM

I know Judy. Change is hard, but to me it is more about not being in control. I actually LOVE change if it's my choice and I'm the one in control of it. When it's not, then it's brutal. But usually when something like that happens to me, I actually do better in other areas. It's like, I can't control xyz but I CAN control something else. I actually started doing this whenever I had a bad breakup, and then I started applying it to other areas in my life. That's usually when I clean my house like crazy and get everything organized. Or when I tackle something I've been putting off. The sense of accomplishment makes me feel a ton better and it helps me remember that not EVERYTHING is changing or out of control. This is also when I do best on my diets because I'm determined... if I can't control that, I can at least control what I eat/do. And planning the healthy meals, looking up recipes, and prepping the food actually takes my mind off of the thing that is bothering me. Same with the cleaning and projects.

So maybe this is actually a good time for you to step it up in some other area of your life. Be gentle with yourself, but gentle doesn't have to mean passive. Also know that you do have a say in what happens.

Page 6 of 20 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics