Username Post: Healthy Living        (Topic#1584841)
Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-21-13 02:35 PM
In response to bayamonesa1

Doreena, I don't have kids, but I think every parent worries about not being a good enough parent. The fact that you are aware of what you have going on and talk to them about it makes a huge difference.

You'll get there.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-21-13 02:40 PM
In response to Vae

Well this week has not been stellar for me in the diet/exercise department. Luckily the scale hasn't gone up, but we've been eating pretty badly. Some of you know from the other threads that my hubs was in a car wreck yesterday. He is fine- nobody was hurt- but neither of us felt like preparing anything healthy last night so we went out to eat at Chili's. Let's just say, we didn't order off the "healthy" menu. Then since we didn't cook, I didn't have leftovers for lunch so I ate out again. Tomorrow I will be walking around the scrapbook expo for hours so that will be a little bit of exercise for me.

One thing I have heard is that if you don't want to work out, at least put on your tennis shoes. I guess the idea behind it is that if you put them on, you might be able to talk yourself into 5 or 10 minutes or maybe more. I wear tennies all the time though so my mini-goal was to check into MFP every day no matter what. I've tried this before and you wouldn't think that checking into a website every day would be hard at all, but sometimes it just slips my mind! So this is my way of at least remembering every day that I'm supposed to be good.

Today I hit my 40 day mark

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:

I tell you, if there is a crazy-town I am the mayor!

That quote just cracked me up! I'll have to remember that!

to you all! I do not think you're crazy. It's just amazing what we can hide from others, and people never know the pain from past things!

Jarvae, you made you want some ice cream!
I'm gonna have to get me some more Skinny Cows. Love them things!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to flintridgescrapper

Glad I could make you laugh Judy!

I love skinny cows! Not so skinny when you eat 3 at a time though! LOL!
JK I don't do that but I want to!

Edited by Doreena on 02-22-13 07:52 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Diva
In response to Doreena

Thanks for asking! I am tumor free at the present. Now, on my second stage of treatmenet with Avastin. March 1st will be my next body scan. I have faith that everything will be fine. I believe in the healing powers of God.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:

I love skinny cows! Not so skinny when you eat 3 at a time though! LOL!
JK I don't do that but I want to!

You sound so much like me!!!!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

By the way, have you ever thought what a stupid name that is for their products? Skinny Cow????

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

• flintridgescrapper Said:
By the way, have you ever thought what a stupid name that is for their products? Skinny Cow????

Yeah, huh?
But then again I think it's there way of taking away the connotation of a cow being a fat and ugly animal so when someone calls you a "cow" you can say, "why thank you"! Hahahahahahahah!

Edited by Doreena on 02-22-13 09:02 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

Bayamonesa -
Awesome!
Hope everything works out!

Edited by Doreena on 02-22-13 09:02 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Diva
In response to Doreena

Amen! Funny comments about Skinny Cow! LOL!!!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

Esa, that's awesome being tumour free! Go you!

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to RedSquirrel UK

Bayamonesa ,,Im so happy for you.

Im going on my 12th straight day of one hour or more of Cardio with my Family fitness challenge.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to armygirl

I don't believe this. I was all excited about this morning's weigh-in, and then I forgot until after breakfast!

So I'm 2lbs down on my starting weight, minus the weight of a big mug of green tea, 2 boiled eggs and a slice of flax toast. Whatever that is.

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty
In response to RedSquirrel UK

Baya, good luck with your scan!!

Rosey, yay on being down 2!

I'm going to try to stick with My Fitness Pal. I signed up a long time ago and kinda forgot about it but this time I hope to stick with it.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to cutencrafty

Rosey, that's awesome! Down 2 is something I'd for sure take right now. I haven't weighed but I'm sure it's not gonna say "down" nothing, lol!

I'm gonna have to check out My Fitness Pal. It sounds so useful.

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty

So far I've used My Fitness Pal for 2 days in a row. I think out of different sites I've logged food into this one is the easiest. But also shocking at the calories I'm eating - yikes!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-25-13 01:14 PM
In response to cutencrafty

Rosey congrats! that is awesome!!

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to Vae

Hope everyone is enjoying their week so far.

We have been getting a few inches of snow here in the past 2 or 3 days.
I'm still doing my workouts for an hour on the treadmill or the elliptical and now my daughter and my husband have also joined me. I like having a workout partner or two.

Diva
In response to armygirl

SInce I have the body scan on Friday, I am forced to eat very specific diet for two days! Talking about been healthy...I have to do so for todaya nd tomorrow.

Thank you so much for your prayers and good wishes. I will see the oncologist on March 6th. I will let you know the outcome of the body scan. Always hoping for the best! Trusting God in everything!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

Sending you all the very best!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics