Username Post: Healthy Living        (Topic#1584841)
Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-28-13 07:43 PM
In response to bayamonesa1

Good luck tomorrow on your body scan and keep us posted!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-28-13 07:48 PM
In response to RedSquirrel

Hey ladies how is everyone doing?

I've not managed to get in a workout but I've kept my scale steady through the week, which given the week it's been, is kind of surprising. I have tomorrow off from work and I'll be home working on some scrapbooking.

Honestly scrapping is one of the best diet plans I have because when I'm focused, I don't think about eating and I stand up and walk around constantly. I don't want to get my hands dirty with food... sometimes I forget to eat completely until I hear my stomach growling. Of course, I also forget to drink enough water and usually get pretty dehydrated but I'm going to try to keep that in check tomorrow. Hope everyone is doing great!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to Vae

I'm still here, but honestly, I've done horrible, so I felt guilty even posting here! Hope you all are doing better than I have!

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to flintridgescrapper

I'm on day 20 of the Challenge to work out for one hour I have going on with my family...So far I have lost 3 lbs...I expected more,,but Hubby tells me to give it more time. I really want to keep at this one hour or more workout,,but sometimes My knees hurt so bad..

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 03-03-13 09:33 AM
In response to armygirl

That's alright Judy we're starting a new week. We can do this!!!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 03-03-13 09:34 AM
In response to Vae

Silvia, for some reason I ALWAYS gain weight when I start working out. Everyone says it's because while you are losing some fat, your are gaining muscle which of course weighs more. So the fact that you LOST weight is a great thing! Way to go!!!

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to Vae

Jarvae, I have heard that too about the weight gain,,Im doing cardio for 1 to 2 hours.
In the past I have gained weight when I do weights and little or no cardio.

Plus I am trying to burn more calories and eat fruits instead of my favorite chocolate chip cookies.

nadiasmom
Resident
nadiasmom
In response to armygirl

Hi everyone--Im new to the board. I cant say that I exercise...I keep saying I will, just hard to find the time, and even harder, the motivation.

However, I was introduced to Kale smoothies this week--believe me I am the LAST person to be health conscious. Kale apparently has more iron than beef, more calcium than milk, and a weeks worth of several vitamins. It has tons of antioxidents and flavinoids or something. I dont really cook vegetables well, so I thought Ok, lemme try this smoothie--and you know what? It is actually good......

Here is what Im trying to have every day--put about 1.5 cups Kale broken into 1-2 inch pieces--add 1 orange and 1 banana. For liquid add about 1 cup of water for less calories, juice or milk if you want more. Blend away and drink--it is good! Other people add cinnamon and other fruits, you can do whatever you want so long as the Kale is in there.....

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to nadiasmom

Thanks for sharing. That sounds good. Oh, and welcome to the thread.

Sylvia, 1-2 hrs??? That makes me tired just thinking about it!

Diva
In response to Vae

Thank you so much! I will have the results on Wednesday. Keeping the faith!

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to bayamonesa1

Keeping everything crossed for you Esa!

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to RedSquirrel

And welcome nadia'smom!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

• flintridgescrapper Said:
I'm still here, but honestly, I've done horrible, so I felt guilty even posting here! Hope you all are doing better than I have!

Me too!
LOL!
Glad I'm not the only one, and I started off so good!
I need to take my own advice and not feel guilty though, just start again.
Everyday is a new day to do better!

As for everyone else: keep up the good work!!!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
Silvia, for some reason I ALWAYS gain weight when I start working out. Everyone says it's because while you are losing some fat, your are gaining muscle which of course weighs more. So the fact that you LOST weight is a great thing! Way to go!!!

I know this is true but it's so discouraging!!!
I think in the end though the pounds shouldn't be what matters, but more the way you feel and the fact that your clothes are looser! Muscle may weigh more than fat , but the inches will still disappear!

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to Doreena

Dorena, I agree with you ,,as long as I keep doing me workouts even the smallest weight loss I see will be fine for me,,I know that I will gain More energy and notice my clothes will fit better.

The thing that is kind of discouraging to me is that I have to workout so many days to see any weight loss. But I'm in this challenge now and I can't stop. I will not Quit.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 03-05-13 08:06 AM
In response to armygirl

Good morning ladies! So good to see so many people checking in (and welcome to the newcomers!).

So I was thinking this morning about this thread... feeling guilty because I spent most of yesterday in bed as I was very under the weather. I made it in to work today, barely. But just because I'm not feeling well doesn't mean I can eat whatever I want. yesterday I wasn't too terrible, but it wasn't great either.

So today my challenge is to go the whole day without eating any ice cream. That is my vice. I can't promise to work out, I can't promise to eat healthy today, but I can go one whole day without the one food that really tempts me. Just for today. Maybe tomorrow I'll try a different challenge.

For anyone who's still checking in and having a rough go of it, I challenge you to pick one vice and just go today without it. Surely we can all handle one day, can't we?

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to Vae

Sounds good. Just for today, I will not eat between my scheduled meals & snacks. When I'm home, some days it feels like I'm grazing all day long!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

Ummm... well, my vice is FOOD!!! That's going to be hard to give up!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to Doreena

Well, yeah. Don't it stink that you can't just give up food like cigarettes or something? You HAVE to have it to live!!!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

Yes, very much so! I wish I could stop eating! But not only is it not good for you to stop eating, I love it so darn much! And I love the foods that make me feel bad not only mentally but physically... ::

Edited by Doreena on 03-05-13 11:39 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics