Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: what to do with too many photos?        (Topic#1584865)
mindygail
Expert
mindygail

Hello! My Daughter had a dance recital (first one) and I must have taken 15 photos and developed 10 or so!! What can I do with too many photos? I know I could make a mini album but how do I incorporat most of the photos into a layout?? thanks mg

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-04-13 09:10 AM
In response to mindygail

Story of my life! LOL

I would probably pick my 2 favorites and keep those normal sized, and then print the rest smaller and make a collage over a 2 page spread. But there are lots of ways to include lots of photos into a layout.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to Vae

good idea thanks!!!I got them printed at walgreens already thought but I could crop some of them!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to mindygail

My most common ways that I include lots of photos are....

- make a collage in Picasa or Photoshop, do a one page layout from that
- as Jarvae suggested, add multiple photos in a double page layout
- print photos 3x3 and do a grid layout on one page
- make a layout using the best photo and add the rest of the photos to a 6x12 page protector in the album

Some examples below

Collage:
Fall Walk By Kiyawinn

Double Pager:
Fall Pumpkin Picking By Kiyawinn

Grid:
#1 Daddy By Kiyawinn

Alison

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to kiyawinn

I always print a lot more than I can use and my mother and other family members get the rewards of my over-printing.

I like the ideas above too - making some smaller and have different sizes on the page.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to Henri Jean

I like using the we r memory keepers page protectors that give me the option to not just scrap 12x12, I usually alternate my books adding in 12x12 pages and an occasional divided page so I can add in all the extra photos that I printed but didn't scrap. They get included in the album, and might get dressed up a little, but then I don't feel like I have to scrap them to still show them off.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to MrsAnnieS

I was going to suggest all of the above ideas.

If you print at Walgreens, try their collage feature. You can put several images on one print.

Resident
In response to mindygail

Hope I can explain this. I had a series of pictures of my goddaughter during a cheer competition. There were several pictures of the various stunts and a picture of the girls with their trophy. I purchased several (acid-free) heavy cardstock blank greeting cards. I covered the front cover and both inside covers with patterned paper. I hid a mini magnet under the paper of the top inside cover and put it's "partner" on the back of the card (uncovered side). I then attached photos to the top and both inside covers. The hidden magnets kept the cards from flopping open when I turned the pages. I then glued down the cards (2 total) to my 12x12 page. So I was able to display a total of 6 photos on one page.
Products Referenced in This Post:

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to oilbrat

I can usually fit anywhere from 3 to 5 photos on a 12x12 page so if you do a 2 page layout with 12x12 you could probably fit the majority of your photos! I tend to take to many photos as well which is why I generally scrap 12x12 albums because I can fit more in

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to thehappyscrapper8

Usually when I have multiple photos to scrap I use a smaller size like 2x3's. That is really good for the closeups but if it's more of an action shot you'll want the pictures larger. 2 page layouts work great for multiples and you can mix the sizes.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to olleharr

I've been lovin Walmart's collage option!

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to MrsAnnieS

• MrsAnnieS Said:
I like using the we r memory keepers page protectors that give me the option to not just scrap 12x12, I usually alternate my books adding in 12x12 pages and an occasional divided page so I can add in all the extra photos that I printed but didn't scrap. They get included in the album, and might get dressed up a little, but then I don't feel like I have to scrap them to still show them off.

I do this too - just add the plain pages in my album. Collage is the another option and also I somtimes make 2 or more double page layouts per event.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to wilbur

As you've already printed them, can you keep one whole to show the whole stage, and crop the others? Or can you layer them, just showing your DD, or fan them into a deck of cards shape? Maybe put foam between them to raise them for added interest.

justartguy007
Pro
justartguy007
In response to MrsAnnieS

I just bought a we r remember keeper 3 ring album and the multi pack 12x12 standard page protects and the different size photo page protector. I am going to use that for my mother family album when I get started. I think using standard 12x12 page album and picking the photos that are your favorite and scrap those. Then if you want take the rest and put them in the photo page protectors and include those in your album. Just remember to make sure they will fit your album if they are post-bond.

Justie

rubymillerand
Guru
rubymillerand
In response to justartguy007

I keep my extras in the little iris photo boxes w/ the front labeled what the pics are about and what year. There's been times when I'll look through them, see a pic I like and remember something special about that moment and I'll have a whole new memory to scrap about that's meaningful. My husband has been dabbling in making his own pages and it's been fun seeing the same pics done his way, because he'll remember something else. I love this because DS and DD have more ways of remembering things that have happened to us.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to rubymillerand

I just did a multi photo 2 page layout (which is rare for me). Having one focal photo in a 3 1/2x5 and then I was able to use 12 2x3's. Having a title on only on the first page makes room on the second page for more photos. Also plenty of room for embellishing.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to olleharr

Cute page. Did you make all those cakes? They look terrific.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to SherylEb

Thanks, yes I did. Another little hobby of mine.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to mindygail

here is a couple more ideas. one is a 4x6 size protector thing that flips. you place it on your page & I think it holds 6 4x6 pics. they have it here. the othere is fold out page protectors for the same page

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-08-13 08:10 PM
In response to anda11

Lisa, super cute! do you print your own photos at home? If not, where do you print the 2x3s? I always have to go a roundabout way and make a collage and then upload it to costco or cvs or wherever.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics