Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: what to do with too many photos?        (Topic#1584865)
olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to Vae

Yes, I have a printer at home. I couldn't live without my printer. I use it a lot for scrapbooking.

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to olleharr

Those are absolutely amazing! You should be on the next great baker

Julie Garman
New Kid On the Block
Julie Garman
In response to mindygail

I had this problem once in which I really wanted a bunch of pics on a two-page layout. So I found an online layout somewhere and basically copied it. This is what I came up with:

I journal on most of my pages too but if you didn't want to, that space could also be used for more pics.

Basically I just used the pics that I wanted the eye to focus on as large pics, and the smaller ones were the ones that looked good small (i.e. they had a bunch of junk in the background that could easily be cut out).

Diva
In response to Vae

I don't have that problem as I tend to use as many photos possible in my layouts...but here they have given great ideas as well!

elsje2
elsje2 
Expert
elsje2
In response to bayamonesa1

There are some great ideas here. I once thought I would be able to put 900 pictures of one trip in ONE album and printed them. Needless to say that will never work. I do tend to use at least three pictures per page and I think my largest amount of pictures on one double LO is 25.

For any next album I will print pictures in a smaller size, but I am still looking for ideas for the 100-s of print of the Japan trip that will not make it into the album!

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to elsje2

Do you really want to put them all in a scrapbook? Why not try different things. How about turning some of them into coasters? I recently saw a tutorial that lets you use a small tile, modge podge and acrylic spray (that can also be replaced by ICE resin or another two part resin). You can also frame some of them, or use them to make a card that you can send to loved ones.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Crafting Marfa

Sounds good but I really want them in my scrapbook. I just don't enjoy other craft projects - scrapbooking is the only craft I've ever enjoyed.

When my husband and I are old we want to be able to go through the books and remember every day of our trips.

I really don't want to modge podge, not that I don't love it, I just don't want to do it. I hate hate hate making cards. Did I say I hated making cards. I rather be scrubbing toilets than to have to make a card. My husband recently asked me to make a anniversary card for the neighbor's parents who had been married for 75 years. Nope - they sell them at the grocery store.

All my photographs that were framed are in a big drawer now. I just don't want to frame them and put them on the wall.

I like them in my scrapbook where my husband and I can sit on the couch and turn the pages and relive our vacations in pictures and journaling and ticket stubs. Those are memories for us and that is how we enjoy them.

I also put the pictures on both of our screensavers - we both have a slide show of around 700 pictures and we enjoy that.

I'm not an artist like so many here. I'm just a clean and simple scrapper and I like flat pages. Sometimes a flower but not often.

Besneys
Guru
Besneys
In response to Henri Jean

Way to go Henri...think that echoes me too xx

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-13-13 10:52 AM
In response to Besneys

Ditto for me

elsje2
elsje2 
Expert
elsje2
In response to Vae

I am with you Henri. I do enjoy watching what other people do with "left-over" pictures, but I know I better stick to my scrapbooks.

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to elsje2

I definitely want all of mine in books. I don't do smashbooks...my albums pretty much do the same thing. I like other crafts and have used copies of pictures for other things, but the picture definitely goes into the album.

I actually plan to scrap many of my photos several times and put them in different albums. If I like a photo, I don't see anything wrong with having it in a Halloween album, plus a yearly album...and probably a few others ~Judy

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics