Username Post: help - EK punches        (Topic#1584899)
OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.

need help! I'm lost in EK punches. I have the ek slim profile 1" scallop circle, and I want another one (1.1/4 or 1.1/2) to be able to layer them. but I'm confused: there's EK paper shapers (with big handles), the EK nesting, and the EK slim profile. will they all fit one another nesting-wise? or do I have to stick with the slim profile style?
heeeeeeeeelp, want to decide what to order!
Thanks!

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury
In response to OlesyaK.

The size of the shape should be the same. My understanding is that the slims are just a new punch design to save space and make storage easier. They should be the same otherwise

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to GwynnAsbury

Yes, the bigger handled ones are just the older style. Just look at the "end result" to determine what punch you want. If storage space is limited, look at one of the slim models.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to binkiemonstermom

• binkiemonstermom Said:
Yes, the bigger handled ones are just the older style. Just look at the "end result" to determine what punch you want. If storage space is limited, look at one of the slim models.

so the slim punch line (grey&blue) is the same as paper shapers. What about the yellow punches? will they "nest" with paper shapers? I don't trust the pics, they all look the same for different products. I just don't want to buy a yellow punch only to find out that the number of petals on the scallop is off by one or two, and the circles don't nest...

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to OlesyaK.

I like the layering punches by EK. They make one with scalloped circles - 3 sizes that nest inside each other, plus 2 scalloped circle frames.
Products Referenced in This Post:

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to Solitaire

• Solitaire Said:
I like the layering punches by EK. They make one with scalloped circles - 3 sizes that nest inside each other, plus 2 scalloped circle frames.

this one I actually bought once, it went back to the store. Maybe I got a bad one, but it didn't punch all the way through, the circles had to be torn out of the paper...

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to OlesyaK.

• OlesyaK. Said:
I don't trust the pics, they all look the same for different products. I just don't want to buy a yellow punch only to find out that the number of petals on the scallop is off by one or two, and the circles don't nest...

Both the one with the yellow paper and the one with the blue paper have 14 scallops. The other two you linked both have 13 scallops. An easy way to tell before you buy is by counting the number of scallops in the item's picture.

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to OlesyaK.

• OlesyaK. Said:
need help! I'm lost in EK punches. I have the ek slim profile 1" scallop circle, and I want another one (1.1/4 or 1.1/2) to be able to layer them. but I'm confused: there's EK paper shapers (with big handles), the EK nesting, and the EK slim profile. will they all fit one another nesting-wise? or do I have to stick with the slim profile style?
heeeeeeeeelp, want to decide what to order!
Thanks!

I have all of those. I couldnt help myself. I usually layer them no matter what brand or style.

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
  • OlesyaK. Said:
I don't trust the pics, they all look the same for different products. I just don't want to buy a yellow punch only to find out that the number of petals on the scallop is off by one or two, and the circles don't nest...

Both the one with the yellow paper and the one with the blue paper have 14 scallops. The other two you linked both have 13 scallops. An easy way to tell before you buy is by counting the number of scallops in the item's picture.

LOL, I thought I was the only one who counted the scallops! Now I know that I am not alone in my insanity.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to Mia1979

• Mia1979 Said:

LOL, I thought I was the only one who counted the scallops! Now I know that I am not alone in my insanity.

okay, counted. the 2.5" paper shaper (black) has 16! the 1.5 has 14. the small slim ones are 13, and the large I forgot... they are all over the place (( I'm disappointed and discouraged.

Diva
In response to OlesyaK.

Wow! Inever thought about this. I have both styles, slim one and bulky or bigger handle ones...plus MS as well.

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to OlesyaK.

I know you're looking for punches to go with your 1" one, but do you have a Cuttlebug or something? If so, it seems like it would be cheaper to get the die sets that would give you several sizes and that you know would match up.

I love punches—they're so quick and easy to use, so I'm not trying to get you to change, but if you have a way to use the dies, it seems like an easier,cheaper way for what you're trying to do~Judy

Products Referenced in This Post:

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to mrsdriver5

I've done what Judy suggested. Nested dies take up so much less space than bulky punches, although I must admit that punches are quicker especially when you want multiples of the same size.

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury
In response to RedSquirrel

All of the EK punches will come with the diagmeter or overall size of the shape you are punching. This will help you in identifying the size of the shape you are purchasing and if it will nest. I like punches, but I also go the Nested Dies route.....

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics