Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Repetition Layout        (Topic#1584917)
Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-05-13 08:40 PM

Hey everyone I need some help please!

I'm trying to do a layout using the same exact photo, but printed once in black and white, once in sepia, and once in color. I've spent about 2 hours looking in the gallery and throughout the interweb and have found very few examples of what I'm looking for. Has anyone done a layout like this, or seen one? It's just not coming together for me so maybe if I can see a few examples I can get it to work. I tried different key words like repetition and repeat and mirror but most of the layouts have pictures that are actually slightly different. This will be the same picture just printed 3 ways. I hope that makes sense

Thanks so much!!

Veteran
In response to Vae

Sorry, I dont know how to post a pic, but I googled and about half way down is a tree in black and white, sepia and color - but probably not what you are looking for?? But I think its beautiful! Hope it might inspire you though.
http://www.google.ca/search?q=black+and+whi te+sepia+and...

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Vae

I know I've seen LOs of kids where people have done that, but unfortunately, I don't know how I'd find them. Hope you figure out how you want to do it and how to make it work~Judy

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to mrsdriver5

I asked a similar question a while back and some beautiful examples were posted in reply. You might check it out. I'm like you, I didn't know how to search for it.

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15838...

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to flintridgescrapper

I have seen this, but it was a long time ago and I don't have a link. The person used one B&W, one Sepia, and one color. They were all identical and were matted separately on the same kind cardstock. She layered them one over the other just like you would hold a deck of cards. Of course there were other things on the layout, too.....embellishments and stuff.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to flintridgescrapper

Jarvae-Towards the end of Judy's there's one with the three colors. I found a LO that has B&W & Color. The 2nd pic could have been sepia:
Everyday Moments By Snapwhiz

This one is various colors:
Lollipop By Cindy JK

Sorry...I looked through a couple thousand LOs and couldn't find what I know I've seen :>( Hope you figure it out, post it, then we'll all get inspired ~Judy (the Mrsdriver one)

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel

Hi Jarvae, this is in another forum but it's the kind of thing you're after. I was experimenting with layering and tearing.

http://www.scrapjazz.com/galleries/39952/view/ 529366/-1...

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to RedSquirrel

Here's one I did a while back. I love that affect!

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to olleharr

good suggestions. This is a cool idea to work with i did the same type of idea a couple of years ago with my daughters baby pic. never posted it though. good luck Jarvae!!!! Have fun with it!!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to mindygail

I've done one layering the same photo, like Jen suggested above.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-06-13 05:49 PM
In response to Bxr-Linda

These are PERFECT! Exactly what I am looking for. Thanks so much everybody! I need to get some reprints made so mine are smaller but then I'll get to it!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Vae

Love all the examples!
The ones I've seen are when they print one of the photos large and the other ones are layered on top, much smaller.....

Alison

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to kiyawinn

Now I want to do a page like this! Looks like fun :>) ~Judy

justowen
Governor
justowen

That is such a fun idea!

Makes me think that I should do a page with a pic of my grandfather and his car in sepia, my dad and his car in b/w, and my son and his car in color...I think the pics I have would have the 3 of them being very close in age...and totally different types of cars, of course.

Veteran
In response to justowen

What a great idea justowen!!

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to SunnyAB

Oooh, Jenny that sounds like a wonderful idea! Please come back and post it so we can see it when you get it done.

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to olleharr

Right! Jenny I wanna see it too if you do it!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 03-03-13 12:02 PM
In response to rockmom

Yay! I finally finished the layouts that prompted this topic from me. Thank you all for your suggestions and references... they have really helped me! Here is my update

This first one is the one I had in mind when I posted this topic. One of my fav pics of walking down the aisle I was slightly off center in the photo but I had a huge smile on my face- my "real" smile and not my posed smile. It's one of hubby's favs. I printed it tiny in color, b&w with a splash of color, b&w, and sepia. The sepia turned out amazing but didn't fit with this layout. Hopefully I can use it on something else. Anyway, so the strip of pics on the left are all the same pic just with different colors. I didn't realize how fuzzy this pic was until right now so you can't really see the pics. I need to rephotograph it but I'll do that later.

And Their Eyes Met...
By Jarvae

In the second one (I actually did it first though), I took the pic of the guys and made it black and white. Then I blew it up to 8x12 in color and cut each of them out. So it's the same exact photo, but different

The Processional
By Jarvae

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to Vae

I saw these earlier today and thought they were beautiful, and I had no idea they were by you! I love them!

-Stephanie

gin1902
Diva
gin1902
In response to SJB1120

Too gorgeous, Jarvae! Now I'm inspired too!!!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics