Username Post: Are wood veneers something new?        (Topic#1584919)
creater1
Diva
creater1

I need them. I saw some on a page and fell in love with the potty people.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to creater1

Wood veneers? What are they? What are potty people? I would say they are new since I haven't heard of them, but I'm lightyears behind on current stuff, so I'm not one to judge

JazzieLynne
Veteran
JazzieLynne
In response to Luvmyfam

They are by Studio Calico...and I LOVE them! You can buy half packs on The Scrap Yard {a group on Facebook}...they are A LOT of fun to work with and come in a WIDE variety of shapes!
I just bought the new alphas and LOVE, LOVE the arrows!

creater1
Diva
creater1
In response to JazzieLynne

I heard the man/lady symbol as referred to as potty people I think they are really man/woman icons.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to creater1

Are you talking about the wood pieces like th eone on my layout (see the wood hearts) towards the bottom):

Chowder By Doreena

If so, no, not new.

I got those and others in a scrapkit about 2 years ago.
But maybe they are becoming really popular all of a sudden.

Edited by Doreena on 02-06-13 08:16 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

creater1
Diva
creater1
In response to Doreena

Yes I love them. Now onto shopping for them. I am hoping to find some that are boy oriented. I don't get to use much in the line of pink, flowers and other girly related embellies.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to creater1

A few years ago my local scrapbook store was selling 12x12 and 8 1/2 x 11 sheets of thin wood, I think it was by Creative Imaginations. I've only cut it with my trimmer, but I'm sure it can be cut with heavy steel-rule dies in a manual die-cutter - you could make your own using that! Looks like they sell it here in two colors (birch and cherry), two thicknesses ("thin" and "thick"), and three sizes (ATC, 6x12, and 12x12) - there are more than just the ones I've linked here.

(Well, I guess some of them are discontinued or unavailable, but a few of them are in stock!)

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to aquabunny

on potty people. I have never worked with wood veneers. They sound fun!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Luvmyfam

I don't think wood embellishments are really new....I've seen a few wood embellishments in the last couple of years, although I have noticed quite a bit coming out following CHA.
I also have the sheets of veneer shown above.
I've used them to die cut shapes.
You can also get sheets of tin, cork, burlap...all kinds of other materials....

Alison

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to kiyawinn

They are really called potty people on the package. They are made by Studio Calico.

Lain Ehmann
Tenant
Lain Ehmann
In response to SherylEb

SC makes so many different versions! I love that you can paint, stain, or even emboss them.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics