Username Post: My ever growing wish list        (Topic#1584937)
res19s2d
Resident
res19s2d

I had a wish list that I have been slowly acquiring and now all the new goodies are coming in and my list is growing!! I don't want to own more paper than I could ever use!!! But.......there are so many things......sometimes all of the different and amazing goodies that are sure to give me hours of creative bliss become more of a creative distraction. I don't know what I spend more time doing browsing online scrapbook goodies or using my goodies!!!

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to res19s2d

There you go with those funny words again.

Use.

Mama2Thomas
Pro
Mama2Thomas
In response to res19s2d

You're not alone. I think most of us here have the same problem. I already have so much stuff yet I'm always looking to "collect" on something else that I don't have. My latest obsession is getting a diecutting machine and start collecting dies to make nicer cards. Ah, and then there are the copic markers (I currently don't own any) which I saw a very cool demo at the scrapbook expo. Hmmm if I get started on copics, I would have to choose from 300+ colors and pretty soon I'll have more than I could ever use... MUST RESIST I keep telling myself

Diva
In response to Mama2Thomas

I can relate to all of you...same attention deficit of scrapbook supplies deficit!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to bayamonesa1

I've definitely been shopping more than I've been creating lately.....and it's only going to get worse when more of the new CHA releases start coming.....

Alison

Veteran
In response to kiyawinn

sadly, I dont have this issue. I wish I did, but I am on a ... BUDGET !!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG I hate that word.

bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie
In response to mindygail

Funny words like 'budget" and "use" LOL. addicts pay no mind to these things!

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to bcblondie

I bought my first set of Spellbinders recenlty and then i bought another and now i want some more then there's the issue of storing them there's always one more thing i need or want.

Now i want the WRM envelope maker

I need a new album to store my pages.

I keep telling myself you have to be careful you want more things than you have space.

It just keeps going on and on

oh then I saw this video on Glimmer Mist and thought this could be fun

i want more than I have space.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to cescrapper

I was thinking just a month or so ago that I have enough....lol..since then I have gotten my Swirlydoos kit, have spent $50 at Scrapbook Territory (Berkeley Ca...AWESOME place)..am waiting for an order from here...SB..am waiting for the two new lines of G45 that I pre-ordered elsewhere...have most of two of the new Bo bunny lines in a cart at another place AND as soon as SB gets the new lines from Prima and Websters Pages I will dive right into those...
I make me sick...
not sick enough I guess
after that I will stop for awhile...but then I am going to an expo in March

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to dollscrap

I have only one rule when I go shopping for new stuff. I have to LOVE IT Oh, wait, I have two rules, the second one is...it must be on sale or I can use a coupon. Who says that my stash is growing? Its not growing, its just preparing itself for a long vacation in my shelves ;-)

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to Crafting Marfa

I just want it ALL!!!!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to dwelch

My weakness is patterned papers, patterned papers and more patterned papers!

I'm not dangerous because I'm not into all the inks and pens and markers or other medias. I'm even conservative on my tools - a big shot and my Cricut.

Papers - oh, and die cuts. I buy a ton of die cuts. I bought one last year for sky diving becasue I may jump out of a plane someday!

res19s2d
Resident
res19s2d
In response to Henri Jean

I'm not feeling so alone in my dilemma!!! I have a scrap allowance so that helps keep me in check (sometimes) lol!!(:

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to res19s2d

I am the same way too! my wish list is very very long.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-08-13 08:00 PM
In response to anda11

Yesterday I went to the LSS just to see what they had. They hadn't gotten their new stuff in after CHA so I didn't really see much that I needed. BUT I did buy the Faded Jeans distress ink and some super cute chipboard cutouts. When I got home I put the bag down and hubby was very curious about it. This is rare for him... usually he just looks at the bag and then pretends he didn't see it. But this time he wanted to know what was in it, so I showed him.

First, he said "do you really need another tim holtz inkpad?"

If the blank stare on my face as I clearly couldn't register his question wasn't answer enough... who DOESN'T need another tim holtz inkpad? This is FADED JEANS for crying out loud!

Then he said "oh, good. I was worried when the bag was so small and flat." because I usually come home with a ton of stuff regardless of whether I needed it, and then I tell him how much money I saved. So when he only saw a small bag he thought I'd gone and bought something really expensive instead of a bunch of sale stuff. hehe

res19s2d
Resident
res19s2d
In response to Vae

This had me chuckling!! I come home with all my little gadgets and deals and I'm always excited to show off my amazing deals!! Some of the items he is puzzled by my fascination with! My excitement over my Tim Holtz tiny attacher had him chuckling!! In fact he said "Well that one looks like a stapler so what does that do exactly!?" My response "it is a stapler" his "Baby don't we have a stapler?" Me " Not one this cool" then my demo (poor guy gets a lot of demos) his response (I'm pretty sure he put on the fake smile/excitement for my sake but I'm absolutely fine with that) big smile wow that is cool!! Any how I like that he supports my crafting!!(:

Resident
In response to res19s2d

well, when i had to move out of my scrap room and set up (take over) the dining room... both myself and my eldest daughter felt totally overwhelmed and amazed at how much stuff i have accumulated. has that stopped me?? nope !! in fact in the last 6 weeks i have spent approx $500 on more stuff and my wishlist is out of control. i am practically bursting at the seams waiting for my next payday as i've only just discovered all the wonderful stuff on ebay (yeah i'm slow but OMG !!).
who do i blame for this predicament?? you guys here !!! yup !! i felt rather proud of my little stash until i began watching video's of other peoples scrap rooms.
i also blame youtube and now ebay as well. its not MY fault... ah ahhhhhh lol

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to dee.is.me

Yes, so much on ebay you can't find anywhere else for scrapping. Discontinued papers and die cuts - wonderful scrappy things!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-09-13 08:54 AM
In response to Henri Jean

OMG I did the same thing with my tiny attacher. LOL. Hubs was like, uhh, why do you need that?

I said here, let me just show you. I did 3 staples in a row with regular staples, and then 3 in a row with the tiny attacher. He got it RIGHT away. I was so proud of him. He even noticed how much nicer the back side was and said something about how since it was so flat on the back it wouldn't catch on other things and scratch them up like regular staples. Most of the time he's clueless but he totally got this one. hehe Supportive hubbys really are the best.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics