Username Post: What is the best way to make and print a digital scrapbook?        (Topic#1584961)
HappyCat
Tenant
HappyCat

So I did a Yearbook for the Meetup group that I run through Creative Memories and after I finished it, I found out that extra pages cost more and the cost of my book was going to be $60. That's way too much for the members to purchase. Non-scrapbooking folk have no idea how expensive this stuff is and no one pays $60 for a book. I don't have much of a choice but to make the book with Creative Memories this year, but next year I want to try something more economical.

What is the best, i.e. highest quality while still being inexpensive, way to create a digital scrapbook to have at least 20 books printed? I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks, ladies!

Jessica G-B
Expert
Jessica G-B
In response to HappyCat

When 10 or more books are ordered at the same time and shipped to the same address, there is a 10% discount. You can also join Rewards Club to get an additional 15% credit toward your next purchase, if that helps at all. I've tried 5 different printers and compared books; I do like CM the best of those I've tried. But I do know nonscrappers really have no idea of what this hobby/lifestyle entails monetarily.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to Jessica G-B

Also, there are inexpensive options with CM... smaller sizes, softcover books and from time to time, the product credits go on sale.

Lain Ehmann
Tenant
Lain Ehmann
In response to moxiegirl23

I love Shutterfly and there are so many levels of options... you can have them create the book for you, or you can create the whole thing yourself. And they have coupons pretty frequently.

HappyCat
Tenant
HappyCat
In response to Lain Ehmann

Will check out Shutterfly.

I've gotten books from CM before and have been pleased with the quality, but the book I tried to make (8x8 softcover) started out as $25, then once I added pages it turned into $60. I was able to delete about 20 pages and get the price down to $35, but it doesn't have all of the events and pictures in it and it's frustrating because I tried to get photos of everyone at an event onto a page and I just didn't have enough room.

I put up both copies of the book, the long and short versions, and I'm going to let the members decide which they want to purchase. I got a copy of each for samples yesterday and they look fantastic, but you can't tell non-scrapbooking people that $60 for a tiny book is a good deal. :/

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics