Username Post: The best die cutting machine?        (Topic#1584967)
New Kid On the Block

I sold my Cricut last year. I loved it but the cartridges were too pricey for me. I would like to get something else but I don't know what. Is there anything out there that has lower priced accessories?

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 02-08-13 04:50 AM
In response to m_thompson77

Silhouette Cameo!!!

You don't buy cartridges you download only what you want from the online store!!!

Resident
In response to KimKV

If you would like something similar to a cricut the cameo is def the way to go, I have one and love the thing (I really should use it more)

there are other electronic die cutters but the Cameo seems to be most popular, most images are 99 cent, alphabets are 2.99 I do believe. you dont have to buy a whole set of images to get a few you really like you just buy them individually,

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to KimKV

Definitely have to agree about the Cameo. You can do so much with it without spending tons of money. You can use any font that is on your computer already and there are great websites for free fonts. I have even created my own images just using the shape tools and welding different shapes together. Plus there is a free image every week on the online store.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 02-08-13 06:37 AM
In response to Lain Ehmann

Oh and if you go to youtube and do a search for DoodlingDebbie, she has a ton of tutorials. Watching those my help you decide.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 02-08-13 08:57 AM
In response to KimKV

I have a Gazelle, same concept as the Cameo. I don't know about their available library as I mostly make my own designs to cut

lifethroughalens
Veteran
lifethroughalens
In response to m_thompson77

I don't have a Cameo, but I do have the original Silhouette (will be nice when I can upgrade). A couple of other things to think about: free software upgrades, 3 free reloads of all the shapes you have purchased if something happens and you lose your images, if you follow their blog not only do they have a "free shape of the week" as mentioned above but they have a tutorial on how to use the software, great customer service,as well as other products that work with the silhouette.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to lifethroughalens

LOVE my Silhouette Cameo!
I highly recommend it!

Alison

scrapchica
Guru
scrapchica
In response to kiyawinn

If you decide to go the manual die cut machine way, HL and Michael's allow coupon use with their dies.

ckair 
Resident
  • ckair on 02-11-13 07:21 AM
In response to scrapchica

I am thinking about getting the silhouette cameo for my mother's day/birthday. Can youbuy the mats/blades etc at a local store (Joanns Michaels etc) or do you have to order all the "consumables" online? Thanks.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to ckair

Mostly online, unless you have an Arcivers close, they sell blades and mats.
But the online store has sales up to 40% off, not bad even with paying shipping.

shelly12276
New Kid On the Block
shelly12276
In response to ChansGram

i have cameo i love it i dont cost lots for die cut. it cost some a song on itunes. i think hobby lobby is start carry stuff for cameo

shelly12276

Edited by shelly12276 on 02-11-13 05:09 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Veteran
In response to shelly12276

I just got the cricut e2 and I LOVE IT!!!!
Of course it came with NO cartridges so they are a little pricey!!! AND I just got something else a big shot (birthday is 12/24/72) as a christmas/ bday presents the cricut and bs from family!!! The bs did not come with dies so I still have never used the bs still and it is feb!!!!!!!
Cameo sounds nice!!

snoflake517
Veteran
snoflake517
In response to mindygail

I've had both and I LOVE my Cameo! So much better. And I use the Cricut mats (cut down to fit in the cameo), to save a bit of money since mats and blades are available online. I do like silhouette because they do offer different discounts on their kits and supplies periodically. Love that I can buy the images individually!

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to snoflake517

I have heard wonderful things about the cameo I still have my cricut so I haven't purchased the cameo but everything I hear about the cameo is wonderful.

papermouse
Veteran
papermouse
In response to thehappyscrapper8

Another Cameo vote! I love mine, and I splurged and bought the online store subscription when they were on sale at Christmas, and it's so much cheaper to buy images that way! The lowest subscription price is (not on sale) $10/month for $25 worth of images. Heck of a deal, and it's so easy to make your own/modify the images to suit your needs. Lots of online tutorials and the software is great to work with...

Cheers!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics