Username Post: Kerri Bradford classes        (Topic#1584969)
creater1
Diva
Posts: 6380
Joined: 04-30-05
creater1

has anyone purchased any of her Silhouette classes? Did you find them useful or were the more of just the basics?
Any details would be great.


 
Expert
Posts: 1182
Joined: 02-09-09
In response to creater1

A lot of people on the Yahoo Silhouette group have taken her classes and have really found them helpful and useful. I just recently looked into her classes and thought about doing them, but wasn't sure if I'd be wasting my money since I've owned a Silhouette cutter for over 3 years. Just today I went ahead and got her classes since they were onsale. I think I'm going to be happy with them--just downloading the files and other freebies makes me think it'll be helpful since I mostly use files from the Silhouette Store and now can branch out a little! I haven't actually done any of the lessons but they look good.


 
Expert
Posts: 1182
Joined: 02-09-09
In response to HuskerMom98

So I got through Lesson 1 of the first "basic" class today (Getting to Know You)...and while I already knew about at least 95% of what she talked about, the other 5% will be so incredibly helpful! (so that's what that button will do...and look I can sort by regular cut verses print and cut, etc.!!!)

So far I would probably, very likely, highly recommend her classes to any new Silhouette users (and some old ones too who haven't done much beyond basic cutting of shapes from the online store.) I would recommend playing with the Studio program first, just to familiarize yourself with the layout and different buttons--knowing what I know it was easier to follow along, but I can see someone who is brand new looking like a deer in the headlights during part of it!

The only thing to be cautious of is that with at least the "Getting to Know You Class", she taped it back in March of 2012 and the Studio software has had many updates since then. But the only real difference I could notice so far was the online store when she talked about that.


 
creater1
Diva
Posts: 6380
Joined: 04-30-05
creater1
In response to HuskerMom98

That is good to know I started with the Designer Edition 1.
Actually some good stuff in this series. But I have to tell you I just wanted to pull everybodies in my house hair out downloading all the stuff you need for the class. Although it is all part of the cost I found it over the top for me.
I have found the Silhouette pretty easy to use before I purchase this class so things made alot of sense to be except the downloading and extracting. I seem to be downing okay not that I got things downloaded.
Lots of things that I knew how to do and easily taught myself I found the downloads were difficult for me but after getting over the frustration then everything went smooth.

The tips were great and the application of why would I ever use a sheer tool made so much more sense.
Glad I purchased this. I skipped forward and the projects and the use of the tools and functions are awesome.

I think that she did a fabulous job. I would highly recommend this class to those who want to really get to know your Silhouette. I am sure that I will be purchasing other classes.

Just the free papers alone were worth the class alone.

I would love to hear about other Keri Bradform classes. What you liked or disliked.


Edited by creater1 on 02-09-13 10:33 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.


 
Permissions Topic Options
222 Views
Recent Topics