Username Post: Stamp storage        (Topic#1584989)
angie girl
Diva
angie girl

I'm looking for ideas on how to store my rubber stamps that are on wood blocks. I already have a nice system for my clear stamps, so I don't need ideas for those.

I'd love to hear how you store yours, and photos are even better!!!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to angie girl

I use flat plastic bins, I think they're by art bin, that are about an inch deep with a lid. They stack really well and are the perfect depth for wood mounted stamps. I lable the end of each bin then each stamp is stamped into my supply binder and noted with the bin name.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to MrsAnnieS

Here is a pic of my stamp storage shelf, which has been modified slightly since I took it but still gives you enough of an idea:
Junk corner By Siameseplease
Green baskets have Stampin' Up sets in them, which are still in their clamshell cases and are stamped off in binders for reference to tell me which basket they are in.

Bottom shelf has Iris containers with Christmas stamps in them. Then I have clamshell containers that I got at Joann's (not sure they still sell them) to hold my House Mouse and other wood mounted stamps. Again, these are now labeled and the stamp images are in a binder for reference.

Tomorrow, I am picking up a stamp cabinet sold at a store in PA. He makes them out of poplar. All of my sentiment stamps will go in it (I have lots and lots of those).

a_hodgins
Resident
a_hodgins
In response to siameseplease

I have see some people put them in clear VHS cases

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to a_hodgins

How many do you have?

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 02-23-13 04:38 PM
In response to 950nancy

I have my large Hero Arts background stamps in a DVD storage box. Random smaller ones I keep in Stampendous Stuftainers - the Thicker size is perfect.

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to stick

I have behind-the-door shelving that I LOVE. There's a picture here:

http://www.cindyderosier.com/2012/09/ask-cindy-scr aproo...

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to cindy312

Love the shelf, Cindy!

I keep mine in a medium sized, old, leather suitcase that sits on my shelves....
It fits quite a lot of stamps and looks nice!
I just lift the lid and pick out what I want...

Alison

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to kiyawinn

I don't have any photos of my room, but I keep my wood mounted stamps in 2 hanging shoe organizers (the kind with all the pockets).

Some of my less used wood mounts and all my foams are in a large oval planter.

scrappinjaime
Tenant
scrappinjaime
In response to Kim222

I would love to know how you store your clear stamps.

NoirCat
Guru
NoirCat
In response to scrappinjaime

I have a shelving system similar to the one mentioned above on the wall by my desk. I keep all of my clear stamps in clear CD cases on a CD rack from IKEA. I use a label maker to label the spines. For the clear stamps that are too big for a CD case I keep them on a plastic sheet in a page protector with a binder.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics