Username Post: Handmade Mother's Day cards for SOLDIERS        (Topic#1585009)
Liz_pr
Liz_pr 
Resident
Liz_pr

Hi, my name is Liz. My daughter has a scrapbooking store in Puerto Rico and we are collecting handmade cards for soldiers. I am a retired police office and I know most soldiers are in the armed forces as a result of Sept. 11, 2001. We loosed officers many whom I knew and worked with. As a token of my appreciation in knnowing the reason they joined, I decided that the soldiers in Afganistan can't go to a store and buy their mothers and wifes a Mother's day card. So we are asking can you help us collect from 1000-3000 handmade cards so we can ship them to the soldiers. We want you to make them with love as God forbid that card may be the last communication they recieve from the soldier. Put handmade by you (your name) on the back of the card. You can also add your email or anything you want to add on the back of the card. Please send it with an envelope so we can forward it to the soldiers. Thank you for joining us in "cards for a cause". You can mail your card to me to:
Scrapbooking Cafe
222 Ave. Los Atlecticos
San German, PR 00683
If you need further info call me at 787-671-4686 Liz. Thank you

Edited by Liz_pr on 02-09-13 03:08 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to Liz_pr

Another option for those wanting to save a bit on postage is to make cards for Operation Write home. You are right... all the soldiers are so deserving and will enjoy being able to send a home made card back to a loved one.

Diva
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I do make cards for the soldiers as well. Feel honored to help out our Armed Forces!

Diva
In response to Liz_pr

Liz;

By when do you need them...any specific regulations or styles. Spanish/English or only ENglish.

Are you in scrapbooking_pr.com (yahoo group)?

New Kid On the Block
In response to bayamonesa1

Wonderful idea to celebrate a Mother's day. I can also send my some DIY scrapbooking card examples. I have a variety of scrapbook cards and I think the soldiers will definitely love them. I hope so.

Diva
In response to MarkDavidson

I would love to see them!

Liz_pr
Liz_pr 
Resident
Liz_pr
In response to MarkDavidson

Hi, Sorry for the delay in answering you. I don't understand this site too good yet and I get lost here:-(. I collect cards to send to the soldiers. Someone on this site hit the nail on the head with an organization called "operation write home" you have a few rules to follow and we send them all the cards we collect and they give them to the soldiers. You can send them to me or you can visit "Operation write home". They will send you a free rubberstamp to use on the back of the cards you make. You can also buy others they sell. I bought the others too. They use the money from the rubberstamps to help pay for things they need to send the cards out. Great cause. You can reach me at my email address picnmessage@aol.com. I read those. I get a bit lost here:-( Thanks and Happy Mother's day:-)

Diva
In response to Liz_pr

OK. I am involved with them as well. I also have their stamps.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics