Username Post: Help w colors/paper?        (Topic#1585027)
Resident

I usually love doing fall layouts but I am stumped.
I have pics of my daughter playing in the leaves in
the late fall. I love the pics but cannot seem to find the
right paper or colors for the layout. It was late fall so everything is
brown, sky is gray, no leaves left on trees but she is
she is wearing a bright pink coat. The color is very vibrant
against the brown leaves.
So....do I focus on fall papers or do I focus on the
pink??

Ideas please!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 02-10-13 01:35 PM
In response to stvmom2

I love the idea of making your little girl in her bright pink coat just POP - a demure page that pulls the grays and browns and extends the background of the photo. And a small splash of that same pink somewhere - as a brad or button, or perhaps a spritz or some drops of a bright pink mist or ink.

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to stick

I agree with 'stick'. I would probably see what I could do with a combination of brown papers, with small touches of pink. If Fall is going to be the theme of the page, you could use fall leaf embellishments or fall flower embellishments.

suezhunt
Pro
suezhunt
In response to stvmom2

Not sure of the exact shade of pink, but Bella Blvd has a fall themed collection called Thankful that has touches of pink in it.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Julie Garman
New Kid On the Block
Julie Garman
In response to stvmom2

Something fun and interesting to do if you have some photo editing software, is to turn everything in the photo either sepia or shades of gray except let the pink in her jacket come out.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Julie Garman

All those are lovely ideas - you could do any of those and they would look great.

My own idea, my first thought, was to use contrasting colours; with aqua (opposite of hot pink) or blue (opposite of brown - well orange really) as the background. I've done autumn pages with blue, orange and green which look fantastic together.

Show us what you end up with? I'd love to see!

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to suezhunt

Not sure of your style..

This is a fall lo that uses pink.

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/layout/ 2422695.h...

And another one.
http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/layout/ 3353599.h...

I would think something like this might look great with your pics, too.

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to RedSquirrel

• RedSquirrel Said:
All those are lovely ideas - you could do any of those and they would look great.

My own idea, my first thought, was to use contrasting colours; with aqua (opposite of hot pink) or blue (opposite of brown - well orange really) as the background. I've done autumn pages with blue, orange and green which look fantastic together.

Show us what you end up with? I'd love to see!

That would be really pretty! I was searching Pinterest and saw a beautiful fall lo with the aqua and thought it would be great with her pics, but it doesn't link back to sb.com.

LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC
In response to suezhunt

• suezhunt Said:
Not sure of the exact shade of pink, but Bella Blvd has a fall themed collection called Thankful that has touches of pink in it.

This is exactly the PP that I was thinking of. I just did a LO of goats from the pumpkin farm and the colors are, well, goat colors. Very neutral which means it goes with anything. The Bella Blvd papers worked really well with it. (On my iPad so I can't post links to my gallery but i just posted it yesterday!)

Diva
In response to LesleyC

Very nice and different ideas and LO...love them with the touch of pink!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to bayamonesa1

I love pink and brown.

Think "outside the box."

When I'm stumped, I just pull out ALL my papers and start holding the photo up to them. Often I end up with a color I never would have considered.
Try purple or black or blues...

For example, I've used pink for a Halloween page.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Bxr-Linda

My first thought was to use dark brown as a background and pink as an accent.....they look great together!

Alison

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to kiyawinn

I'd suggest to use the "scrap by color" system on this website - awesome awesome tool! upload your pic and play with colors of the backgrounds and accents, to find the right tone) then you can pick the papers once you have a general idea of where to go. brown and pink or grey and pink are really really nice, and they don't have to be fall themed - just treat them as random pictures without the theme.

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to OlesyaK.

I say focus on the pink and let the pink shine! Choose a neutral paper and choose some embellishments that will tie in that pink coat

flwrgrl
Veteran
flwrgrl
In response to thehappyscrapper8

If you didn't want to stick with the grays, & browns, you could go with the 'pink color family' on the color wheel, as in plum, a cross between purple & brown - would look great with pink. Think of the leaves of a purple plum tree just before it drops its leaves. Good Luck!

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to flwrgrl

So, stvmom2, we've given you loads of ideas! What did you come up with? Gonna show us?

SHeaRI
SHeaRI 
Resident
SHeaRI
In response to stvmom2

Here is a Fall LO I did using pink... Fall

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics