Username Post: Can anyone answer this?        (Topic#1585081)
twoboysforme
Idol
twoboysforme

Hi, I didn't know where to ask this, so I hope someone sees this who can answer this question :-)

I want to submit my layout to a publisher. They are asking that the photo be 1500 x 1500 pixels. I use a Cannon Rebel, and a Mac. The iPhoto says my photo is: 2441 x 2442, 2.7 MB, JPEG.

I'm assuming that the 2441 x 2442 is the pixels? If so, then my photo would be of high enough quality?

Sooooo confused and would like to finally submit something. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Stephanie

PokeyMom
Pro
PokeyMom
In response to twoboysforme

• twoboysforme Said:

I'm assuming that the 2441 x 2442 is the pixels? If so, then my photo would be of high enough quality?

How exciting!

Yes it is the pixels so you would have to resize it down to 1500 x 1500.

Good luck!

twoboysforme
Idol
twoboysforme
In response to PokeyMom

Hi! Thanks so much for the response!

Okay -- embarrassing -- how do I do that? By cropping the photo? I'm not sure how to lower the pixel count. Thanks in advance! I so appreciate it! Stephanie

photo_chick
Diva
photo_chick

Most image editing software will have a resize tool. It's not the same as cropping. The software you use will make a difference here in your final image quality since the software is going to decide which pixels to keep and which to delete. You want to stay away from online resizing for this if it's for publication.

twoboysforme
Idol
twoboysforme
In response to photo_chick

Thanks so much. Unfortunately iPhoto doesn't have a resize option so I'll need to find another place to alter it. Thanks again, Stephanie

srichter
Resident
srichter

Hi Stephanie, I answered a question like this a while back on another forum in here. Not sure if it will help or not but here's the link:

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15828...

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics