Username Post: Is there an app for that?        (Topic#1585085)
scrapchica
Guru
scrapchica

Android app for keeping track of owned products and wish lists? Would be nice to look at dies/punches at JoAnns or HL and know if I have it or not. I have it written down in a notepad app, but we all know a long list isn't the easiest to look at.

rimamaria
Veteran
rimamaria
In response to scrapchica

Good question, I will check around

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to rimamaria

scrappypedia.com has an iphone app called scrapstash and an online list you can access if there is wireless connection available but no android app so far

SandraB.
Veteran
SandraB.
In response to disneylisa

oh cool, I just got an I Phone, will have to put it on.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 02-12-13 06:40 PM
In response to SandraB.

I have an iphone but I still prefer using googledocs for my inventory. It's just easier for me. Scrappypedia has features I do not care about - e.g., bar code tracking, and pictures of products - and I found that for what I want and need in an inventory tracker it just wasn't efficient. I know lots of people like it, though.

The other nice thing about googledocs for me is that I can access it anywhere on any machine that has internet access, not just my phone.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to stick

I am really going to rave about Scrapstash. You can check your stash from any computer that has interent access, you just go into scrappypedia and click on your scrapstash. On the phone is under scrapstash but it is the same database.

I love it becuase when I'm in the stores I just hold my phone up to different products and it immediately tells me if I have that in my stash. I couldn't be easier.

When I'm in line to pay for things or even while I'm paying I run my phone over it and it is scanned into my scrapstash and I don't have to type anything.

By the time I leave the store, its done and in my stash. Then when I see a product or a color ink I'm not sure if I have I hold my phone up and it tells me if I have it. If I don't have my phone with me I can use any other internet device to check it.

You can also add things in manually on the computer or the iPhone and it goes on the stash list.

The barcode tracker keeps from having to type anything in and is super accurate. If it is not in the database through then you still have to type in in - either on the phone or a computer. But once you do that, then the next person who scans that barcode gets the name of the product as you put it in. So everyone helps everyone else.

Has a wish list too.

They are working on a droid version but I don't know when it will be out.

scrapchica
Guru
scrapchica
In response to Henri Jean

Yeah, I've searched and searched. Surprising how behind Android gets compared to the iPhone. For now, I've resigned to using the Pinterest app and a board of what I have and what I want. Definitly not ideal, but somewhat better than a list in a notepad I spose.

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to scrapchica

Android does not currently have an app for that I do like the scrapstash app and have done an app review on it on my blog scrapping wonders

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to thehappyscrapper8

I posted over on the sprappypedia forum a couple weeks ago and got a response like last week I think it was and basically the husband doesn't have the time to do an android app and they don't have money for an android app in the budget so not anytime in the near future for an android scrapstash app.

scrapchica
Guru
scrapchica
In response to Cindyckj

Well, thank you all for your feedback. Since I have Android, I just finished several combined hours of "pinning" to boards on Pinterest. I did stamps/stamp pads owned, punches owned, dies owned, tools owned. I did not have the heart to make boards for brads/stickers/paper bc I may completely lose my mind then. At least will have the photo of the item and it's name in the description when I'm in the aisle at the craft store. Good thing my stash is not as big as I thought as far as tools go.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Cindyckj

I'm sorry they aren't doing the droid anytime soon but the Scrapstash/Scrappypedia app is not a big Time app. The man who invented it is married to a scrapbooker and created it for her in his spare time and she shared it with us. We really got it as a favor and they were most generous to offer it.

One thing about the Scrapstash/Scrappypedia format - like Kara said, it is bar code driven although you can put things in manually - to go in the item must have a bar code. Or have once had a bar code and you are able to trace the bar code number to put it in manually.

You cannot organize your list to your preference and then scroll alphabetically to see if you have an item. You can scroll to look for it but they will be in order of the last time you scanned it. WHen you scan something new it is on the top of the list. Later if you check to see if you have that item and scan it again it is on the top of the list again.

It's not designed to be an organized list that you scroll down and easily find the item.

Its meant to be a data storage that lets you know if you have the item in your stash or on your wishlist. When you scan the item the next screen has the line and a box, "In stash" - if there is a check mark next to "in stash" - then you have scanned it previously and checked that you have it in your stash.

Does that make sense? Its not an organized list which work better for some people. It is a bar scanning system or manual entry system.

If I see an ink somewhere I can scan the product and it will tell me if I have it or if the color is "China Blue", no matter what the product I can type in "China Blue" and it will tell if I have any products with the word "China Blue" or I can manually type in "Blue" and eveyrthing from inks to distress inks to Copics with the word "Blue" in the discription will pop up to let me know what I have.

So it sorts instantaneously if you want to do a manual search.

SandraB.
Veteran
SandraB.

just a question Henri. I got the app loaded on my IPhone last nite. You mentioned that you could scan something when you were in the store and it would tell you if you had it or not. I was wondering which setting you have it at...my stash, add product or search. Or can you just scan from the add product section? Hope this makes some sort of sense.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to SandraB.

Go into add product and it will give you the option to scan product. After you scan it the screen will come up that has the "in stash" box and if it is checked, you have added it already.

I don't have my phone in front of me - getting ready for bed but off the top of my head that is what I do. I'll check tomorrow to be sure, don't have anything right at hand with UPC in my scrapstach at home to verify but that sounds right.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

There are quite a few inventory apps for iphone and android....
Just add your scrap stuff instead of furniture, jewellery etc...
I have one that I use on my phone and like it better than scrapstash as well!

Alison

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to kiyawinn

Alison i'm hoping you can tell what inventory app your using. I have a new samsung galaxy tab 2 tablet so I was really hoping to find and inventory app for scrapbooking too.

Thanks

CKohn
CKohn 
Resident
CKohn
  • CKohn on 02-14-13 01:31 PM
In response to Cindyckj

I would suggest Evernote.. There is an app for Android and you can access from any computer. It is great for lists .

SandraB.
Veteran
SandraB.
In response to CKohn

thanks Henri, that sounds about right

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to SandraB.

I tried a couple inventory scanning apps for droid but apparently since my new samsung galaxy tab 2 that I just bought this past thanksgiving doesn't have a focus on the camera none of these inventory apps will work for me.

Oh well wasn't looking forwayrd to and days and days of scanning. lol

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Cindyckj

Maybe a comparable droid will come out.

When I got the ap I scanned everything I owned in about an hour. It just hold it up and then tap, "in stash".

A lot of people prefer the list type of system that can be organized. Kara has that in google.docs and can use a computer and phone. If I didn't have this I would try google.docs becuase she is really happy with it.

The spreadsheet or inventory list that can be oragnized and the bar code drive are really different and there are people who prefer each.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics