Page 1 of 5 
Username Post: Dylusions, or other sprays...        (Topic#1585111)
mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5

I play around with spray mists that I make and I like them OK, but it takes time to make it just the right color and I never seem to have an empty spray mister when I want it. I'm thinking I probably NEED some Dylusions, or some type of spray, but I was wondering how fast you go through a bottle. I know...it all depends on how much it's used, but does it seem like it lasts good for you or are you having to replace more often than you'd think you would?

It seems like I go through what I make pretty fast and it would be expensive to have to replace a bottle after every five or six average uses, especially since knowing me, I'd want every color that has ever been made!

Maybe this question can't really be answered since spraying techniques will be so different, but I'm just trying to get your views on if I really do NEED this and which sprays you all like the best...and why. Thanks~Judy

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 02-13-13 06:21 PM
In response to mrsdriver5

I feel that you get a surprising amount of usage out of a bottle. I'm not at all interested in making my own, I barely have enough time to use the products that I buy, so I've got close to a hundred sprays at this point. I use them as often as possible. And I usually have the right color, lol

AimeeInOhio
Pro
AimeeInOhio
In response to stick

Dylusions in particular go a LONG, LONG way.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 02-13-13 06:51 PM
In response to AimeeInOhio

And BTW, I have Glimmer Mist, Lindy's, Dylusions, Tsukineko, Adirondack, and I know I'm forgetting at least one other brand. So many different colors and finishes!! It's fun to collect and use

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to stick

It feels like I have a new obsession ready to strike... ~Judy

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

Check out this set of You Tube videos. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6603F 24D59DC68C... I'm obsessing now over the Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-13-13 09:27 PM
In response to flintridgescrapper

Judy I've been wanting the Lindy's as well. I went on their site a while back and added a ton of stuff to my cart and then my computer crashed. I never bothered to go back and pick everything out again. There are almost TOO many colors to pick from now. But next time they have free shipping on here... look out!

Diva
In response to Vae

There brands mentioned here that I was not aware of. Have to find them now~! LOL!!

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to bayamonesa1

Here is one of my friends that uses them generously and she comments this is years of collecting sprays. I JUST got some Dylusions and just used the first one yesterday. I've been using Perfect Pearls mists, they are entirely different so there room for different types in your inventory.

Mists By Violent Kittie

This is my FAVE, I will probably have to replace this first:

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to CrimsonMama

I use A LOT of mist. A LOT. I have only gone through complete bottles of a few colors.

I love love love the Dylusions, they are my new favorite for sure, such great colors!

Different mists have different color saturation, glimmer, opacity and so on. I definitely collect them. I have all kinds of different brands and I use them all, from Smooch to Mister Hueys!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Manda_K

I'm obsessed with mists/sprays, too.

DYLUSIONS do last a long long time. I am surprised by that every time I spray them- 'wow, it's still practically full!' I first used them in a Dina Wakley class and immediately bought every color.

and Mister Huey's- wow, that's a whole 'nother story. I love them. I think Dylusions, I mostly use when I'm doing something 'messy' or 'crazy,' and Mister Huey's are the 'classy and planned messy or crazy.' Does that make sense? lol

I tried to make my own mists. Even tho I own so many bottles- I thought, why limit myself with what I can buy?! But it was a disaster. Don't remember what I did wrong- but I ruined three perfectly good spray bottles, one mini-mister, a table, and a porcelain sink.

-k

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to designguyKORY

I have a bunch of glimmer mists and a few each of Mister Huey's and Dylusions (LOVE their colors)

Lindy's are next on the wish list

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to designguyKORY

• designguyKORY Said:
I'm obsessed with mists/sprays, too.

I think Dylusions, I mostly use when I'm doing something 'messy' or 'crazy,' and Mister Huey's are the 'classy and planned messy or crazy.' Does that make sense? lol

-k

Kory, only you could come up with such an elegant description to make people want to try something else!

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to CrimsonMama

For what it's worth--I do a fair amount of misting and masking (but defintely not every lo)--have Lindy's, glimmer mist, chalkboard, baseboard, perfect pearls, and dylusions. They vary so much, from a barely visible glimmer to an almost total paint. Thus, you really have to try them all! That said, I do stick to a few basic colors I use a lot--golds, whites, blues, yellows, red, green, beiges--light to brown. I have only finished about 3 bottles in 5 years, and I have never thought of trying to make my own.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 02-14-13 09:35 AM
In response to scrapperbee

Gawd yes - how could I forget Mister Huey?!

There's an awesome range of sprays: opaque, sheer, matte, shimmery, glittery, duotone, clear glimmer, saturated color. I love getting messy!!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to stick

Sprayers Unite!

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to Manda_K

I love misting!!! I love October Afternoon's misters- mainly because of the colors. I love them all. I have found a use for them all!! I find some warp the paper more than others. For scrapbooking, that's not an issue for me since I can mat the page to another page and smooth it back out. For cards I tend to be a little careful on the warping since they are a little less forgiving.
The only brand I don't like are smooches...I have had several bottles of them and I can't get them to spray. I finally dumped them into my SU misters and used them up. I like the mist colors they have but their glass bottles and sprayers don't work for me at all. I am sure this is user error!!!

I find that my bottle last a long time. You aren't spraying that much per use. Another idea I use, is that sometimes when I want more coverage, I take the lid off the bottle- take the straw and tap it to my page- perfect big drops!!!
With misting, I have found that you can't be scared. I always try to do my misting BEFORE anything else that way I don't mess up my pictures or my other layers!....I learned from my errors!!! It is just paper, if I mess up, I start again on a new piece!!!!

I also make my own misters. I have tried several containers and honestly Stampin' Up misters are my FAV!!! They are bigger than some and mist really well. And I love that they are affordable ($2.95 for two of them!!!) A while back, SU had a sale on them and I bough like 20 of the packs!!! Yes, I am that serious about misting!!!

If you make your own misters- I use 70% rubbing alcohol (70% is important!!!! 90% will clog!!! ask me how I know!!!) and reinker! You can also add in some shimmer paint - I use the frost glimmer paint if I want glimmer. It is all subjective, if you want a dark color- I add maybe 7-10 drops of reinker. Light color- maybe only 4-5 drops. Start light and work your way darker! Same thing with glimmer paint. I am sure other companies sell glimmer paint-but I useStampin' Up's shimmer paint - a bottle is $5.95 and last me a LONG time. I add about 5-6 drops of paint in the mix if I want some sparkle!! And then I spray away!!! I have rewashed the SU bottles and made different colors in them- they work fine over and over.

Now here is a wrench....I want to do a bleach misting!!!! I have never tried this one!!! But it is on my list to try!!!
I just can't get enough of misting!!!

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to binkiemonstermom

Michelle... it's not you! My friend and I bought some Smooches ink and she wound up throwing it all out because she couldn't get them to work right. I have only used one of mine, and it seems ok. Maybe their sprayers are inconsistent.

I recently saw the Lindy's sprays; I think I must get some!

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to *jesse*

You all have me convinced, but they are expensive so I obviously can't buy everything I want need at once. If you could buy 10 to start off with (should be about $50 worth, right?), which ones would you buy? If I bought 10 a month maybe I'd still have some $$$ for other scrappy needs.

I don't mind making my own mists, but it's having to stop and do it that I don't like. If I ever knew beforehand what I was doing it would help. I have about 10 of the Ranger Perfect Pearls powders and a set of Lindy's powder, but I haven't tried using the Lindy's yet.~Judy

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj

My vote is for the dylusions too they are so vibrant and seem to last longer than my tattered angels glimmer mists but I love those to because of the glimmer. I haven't haven't had much luck with the perfect pearls mists cause the sprayers don't work well for me. I have made some in those little ranger mini misters but I can never get the colors as bright as I want and those never last long.

I want to try those new Heidi Swap color shine misters.

I do like the Mister hueys and they dry very fast.

But if the dylusions had all the colors I wanted I be happy with that and just a couple of the clear glimmers to spray over them when I want glimmer and buy nothing else.

Page 1 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics