Page 2 of 5 
Username Post: Dylusions, or other sprays...        (Topic#1585111)
Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Cindyckj

The Color Shine mists are a lot of SHINE, but not a lot of color. Kind of like the Perfect Pearls mists, but the shimmer is different.

The Smooch sprayers suck. No two ways about it. They clog so bad. I wish that they would improve the spray, cause I love how they look.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Cindyckj

I would say your first ten should be a mix of manufacturers-

You've gotta get the white Mister Huey's!

And I love the turquoise and red and orange Dylusions.

I dont know a thing about the Lindy's sprays...

-k

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to designguyKORY

Just used the orange peel DY today....did you know that DY has a white one now? SB.com does not have it but I saw it on the Ranger site. I would like a white.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 02-14-13 01:27 PM
In response to CrimsonMama

I just got the white Dylusions yesterday, haven't had a chance to try it yet but this weekend definitely.

Kory, get over your dislike of ordering and get some Lindy's, you will love!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to stick

Kara got me convinced on Lindy's, so I just put in an order for 19 different sprays. OK, so I went over my $50 limit, but it will be worth it, right?

Maybe next month I'll try some Mr. Hueys, or something. Keep convincing me of what is best. I'm an easily-convinced shopper!~Judy

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to stick

Oh yes, most of my sprays are Lindy's, well, prob tied with TA Glimmer Mist.

I love the Starburst sprays for a bold pop of super shiny color and the MoonShadows for a more vintage look. I haven't tried the Flat Fabios yet, BUT they are having 25% off ALL weekend!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 02-14-13 01:41 PM
In response to Manda_K

The Fabios are fabulous! Nice sheer wash of color.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Manda_K

Yep, that sale is how Kara hooked me. I wonder if she gets a commission :>) I ordered some bright colors, that I wouldn't normally use, but I'll give them a try, plus the lighter shades that I'm more comfortable with. I'm still a pretty plain and simple scrapper, but it's fun to try new things and I do like bit of surprise on a page ~Judy

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to mrsdriver5

Can't wait to see what you got and what you do with them Judy! Have fun!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Cindyckj

I love them, I hope you do to, they are super fun!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Cindyckj

I've gotta get the white Dylusions.... And I'm gonna check out the Lindy's.

Okay, Stick, tomorrow- (I've gotta build up to it) I will get up bright and early and place an order.

I don't know what my deal is with ordering. I do have things I've 'ordered' from here- but it's because I've either had JayJay order it for me (The bell jar die from Tim Holtz) or my scrappy coworker (Miss Chris) orders things and I just give her the money. lol

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 02-14-13 02:11 PM
In response to Manda_K

I SHOULD get a commission, lol!! Manda, too, I think.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to stick

YES!!! You NEED a WHITE!!!! It looks awesome on kraft paper!!!!!!!

Linda Haulsee
Veteran
Linda Haulsee
In response to binkiemonstermom

I want to try the dylusions and the mister hueys. I have a cabinet full of Lindy's and I LOVE them all, every one. I use them to dye seam binding, color lace and trims, mist flowers to coordinate with papers- colors are wonderful. You will not be disappointed.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Linda Haulsee

My order has already shipped! Yea

Someone was wondering what all I ordered. I was just trying to get a little of all the different colors so I can figure out which ones I want to get more transition colors.
(Plus I ordered a 5-set of Winter Wonderland, but I didn't see it on this site.) ~Judy

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-14-13 09:49 PM

I am SOOO tempted to order some Lindy's now. I still haven't tried it even though I've had some things in my wish list for like a year!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Vae

The Lindy's are small too, so they can fit in your pocket along with your paper, dies and stickles for your cuttlebug that you'll carry to work instead of a purse. Your boss doesn't really expect you to do HIS work when you're at your job, does he?~Judy

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to designguyKORY

• designguyKORY Said:
I'm obsessed with mists/sprays, too.

DYLUSIONS do last a long long time. I am surprised by that every time I spray them- 'wow, it's still practically full!' I first used them in a Dina Wakley class and immediately bought every color.

and Mister Huey's- wow, that's a whole 'nother story. I love them. I think Dylusions, I mostly use when I'm doing something 'messy' or 'crazy,' and Mister Huey's are the 'classy and planned messy or crazy.' Does that make sense? lol

I tried to make my own mists. Even tho I own so many bottles- I thought, why limit myself with what I can buy?! But it was a disaster. Don't remember what I did wrong- but I ruined three perfectly good spray bottles, one mini-mister, a table, and a porcelain sink.

-k

Sounds like it was an oilbased paint propably. They leave stains, cloth the bottle and ges very messy....

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

• mrsdriver5 Said:
My order has already shipped! Yea

Someone was wondering what all I ordered. I was just trying to get a little of all the different colors so I can figure out which ones I want to get more transition colors.
(Plus I ordered a 5-set of Winter Wonderland, but I didn't see it on this site.) ~Judy

The Winter Wonderland set is *sings* AAAMMMAAAAZZZIIINNNGGG!!

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Manda_K

I have a bunch of sprays by different manufacturers, but ooooohhhhh those two toned Lindys sprays look sooooo pretty!!!!!!!!!!

I MUST add to Kara & Manda's commissions!!!

Judy--you may also want to try Goosebumps sprays for clear texture. Comes in regular and shimmer.

Page 2 of 5 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics