Username Post: Does your scrap-style match your everything-else-style?        (Topic#1585113)
Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-13-13 07:34 PM

I was talking to a friend of mine and she was asking if I'd like this ornamental letter thing... she got one to go on her desk. It's got tons of embellishments on it. It's honestly not my style though.

We started talking about how much my scrapbooks don't match the rest of my life. At home I like things to be very clean and simple... very minimalist. I have clean lines, no nick-nacks, nothing at all on the kitchen counters, and all my artwork is black and white. But my scrapbooks are nothing like that.

I kind of think that I do whatever I want on my pages, and in a way it lets me enjoy the things I like to look at but don't necessarily want to have taking over my space. I don't mind my pages a little cluttered, dark, shabby, vintage, bold bright colors, etc. I just don't want the same things up on my walls or all over the surfaces.

Do you guys find that your personal style and scrappy style match up? I'm just curious

flwrgrl
Veteran
flwrgrl
In response to Vae

For me, I would have to say yes, they match up pretty well! I LOVE color, NONE of the walls in my home are white. I'm a pretty matchy, matchy person...even my scrap room reflects that! Color makes me happy, makes me smile & all my 'stuff' gives me something to look at. My pages are the same. I find it hard to rein myself in. But I'm trying! Thanks for the interesting question-I'll be curious to read what others post.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to flwrgrl

My scrapbooks are all about my travelling. I don't use much bling on my pages, but I love to wear bling when I go out - but only if its the real stuff!

I don't like clutter anywhere - on my scrapbook pages or on my kitchen counters. I like clean and simple in my scrapbooks with a lot of layering and depth. I guess I like classic layering and depth in my home.

I like things very coordinated in my clothes, my home and in my scrapbooks. If something is a half shade off and no one else would notice, I still won't use it.

On my non-travel layouts love to use a lot of color but I'm really careful then that everything matches or coordinates.

I like nice diecuts and will pay the price for them because I like the neatness of them. My house and my scrapbooking is organized. My supplies are organized. I didn't say neat - that is different. I just said organized.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 02-14-13 04:36 AM
In response to Henri Jean

The majority of my pages match me. I don't have a lot of nick-nacks sitting around my house, to much to dust! My pages are pretty much the same, simple. But every once in a while I will go out of my simple box, but compared to many that is still simple.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KimKV

Yes & no & yes.

The items I buy = yes.
The final outcome of my projects = not so much.
The way I scrap = yes. My life is very much a collage (style, personality, people, places, decor).

Fashion - Yes, I accessorize a lot. Bling-bling, shiny, sparkily & glittery tops, jewelry & my nails are almost always some bright color or at least decorated for the season. For this part, it just depends on whatever particular theme or subject I am creating.

Yesterday, I took note of how my top would totally make a great design for a piece of patterned paper & also totally says, me! Vivid & bold, silvery & artsy...see DCWV Colorful Life Stack.

Decor - For whatever reason, I am drawn to black & white, scrolled rod iron & damask patterns. In turn, my bedroom is loosely based on those 3 elements, as well as most of my 31 Gifts patterns (wallet, bag, luggage, etc.)

I think I am overall, all over the place style-wise. But, honestly,in the end, it somehow works! = cheerful, artsy, creative & eclectic!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15429...

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-14-13 09:02 AM
In response to KellyCali

Kelly I LOVE LOVE that stack! Wish they had it in 12x12! I adore it!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
Kelly I LOVE LOVE that stack! Wish they had it in 12x12! I adore it!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

• Jarvae Said:
At home I like things to be very clean and simple... very minimalist. I have clean lines, no nick-nacks, nothing at all on the kitchen counters, and all my artwork is black and white. But my scrapbooks are nothing like that.

This is actually exactly how I want my home to be.

Clean & simple.

I recently told a friend of mine that I wanted to strive to become a minimalist & she just snickered, smirked & gave me the impression that it wasn't meant to be or even possible.

Hmph, I'll prove her wrong. I'm well on my way!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
I kind of think that I do whatever I want on my pages, and in a way it lets me enjoy the things I like to look at but don't necessarily want to have taking over my space. I don't mind my pages a little cluttered, dark, shabby, vintage, bold bright colors, etc. I just don't want the same things up on my walls or all over the surfaces.

Exactly why I LOVE scrapbooking so very much. In a word, it equals Freedom! Freedom to be free. Freedom to be fun & creative. Freedom to be & express yourself. And in turn, Freedom to create projects that may not neccessarily even be yourself, your style or even part of your own comfort zone (aka exactly why I am addicted to sb.com Challenges!)

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-14-13 07:02 PM
In response to KellyCali

Yup, excellent way to put it. I do the same thing with my christmas tree. I normally like things very clean and simple with little decorative flourishes, but when it's time to put the tree up I go with the brightest ornaments, TONS of lights, tinsel, all of it. I like things to be a little overdone when I know they won't permanently take over my house. LOL

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to Vae

Very interesting! Yes, my scrapbook style (textbook clean and simple) matches my home decor, my clothing, and everything else about me.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to cindy312

I'm not sure what my style is. I love having lots of projects going on. I'm definitely not a minimalist.

But I like my pages to look neat and pretty without too much clutter. Also I need the embellishments to match the photos.

Diva
In response to RedSquirrel

I mainly stick and like papges that are simple where you can see really the photos and the journaling. Some times I wll do something different just to try it, but I will go back to simple LO. I use embellishments, etc...I know that the artistic Lo are beautiful and the vintage ones are amazing, but not me. I want to see the photo and the story behind it.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics