Username Post: homemade smash book ideas        (Topic#1585147)
ily
ily 
New Kid On the Block
ily
  • ily on 02-14-13 01:17 PM

Hi I am getting ready to go on a cruise and would like to make a smash book to document the trip. Any ideas as to where I should look for ideas?

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to ily

I recently got into smashbooking and I ended up buying a book with a coupon ad Michaels so it was more affordable. I like the prompts in the books.

You can search the gallery here and I watched tons and tons and tons of videos on you tube! They have videos of how they did they're premade k & co books and lots of videos on homemade ones as well. I watched for hours and hours! So neat to see how different people did their books.

Good luck!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Cindyckj

I made my own smash book using a steno pad. I decorated the covers and tied ribbons through the spiral.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Luvmyfam

I made two sorta smash books using marble notebooks and scrapbook paper...I found a video on how to do it on youtube.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to DNA301

I took a plain striped notebook I bought at walmart for under 5.00, and put magazine clippings in it and stuff. It is huge (wide).
then @ m's I bought me a pink and my daughter a blue smashbook by k and co. then i had some extra money so i bought on a different trip a red smash book for us to share!!!
they are cool I like them. At where I live they are 12.00 or 12.99 each.
enjoy and good luck making one it is fun!!

Diva
In response to mindygail

Wonderful homemade ideas to keep in mind. Thanks for sharing.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to bayamonesa1

My smashbook/art journal is an old 12x12 spiral bound book with blank pages in it.

I decorated the cover with chipboard, aluminum foil and paint. I take advantage of the blank pages to try out new techniques and products, then I use the finished pages to add notes, ticket stubs etc.

SusieBee
Veteran
SusieBee
In response to Kim222

Pinterest has tons of ideas for homemade smash books... you might want to try there for some inspiration.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics