Username Post: Making raindrops        (Topic#1585185)
scrapchica
Guru
scrapchica

Does anyone know how to make raindrops for LOs? Jolee's has a Baby Shower embellishment with these pretty clear with blue tint epoxy like raindrops and I would love to make some more to go with the couple from the sticker pack.

You can kind of see them in this picture, but not all that well. http://img1.etsystatic.com/000/0/5620348/il_170x 135.106...

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to scrapchica

I had a somewhat hard time seeing & or zooming in on your example.

Ideas off the top of my head...

- Clear dewdrops, page pebbles or 'skittles' would work.

You can color or dye them pink, blue, purple, yellow or whatever color you might like.

- In the past, I have used both dimensional & flat raindrop stickers.

- Perhaps you could use some clear dimensional glue to achieve the look you are going for.

= Acrylic, laminate or clear packaging paper

- Glitter or foil paper

- Ink, chalk, mists...

HTH!

Products Referenced in This Post:

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to KellyCali

In addition to the ideas above, you can always draw a raindrop directly on the paper and then cover it with glossy accents.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to siameseplease

I've done this with a drop of the reinker linked above, mixing with glossy accents....

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to Megan - ForumTech

maybe try a large drop of glossy accents then tilt the paper to let it slide down to form the raindrop shape? maybe mixed with the reinkers it will be fluid enough to do that

GemGirl
Expert
GemGirl

A piece of plastic from packaging tinted with blue alcohol ink?

lynne1212
New Kid On the Block
lynne1212
In response to GemGirl

elmers glue with the color tint that you want mix together and let dry on wax paper

Edited by lynne1212 on 03-04-13 05:41 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Hdubarry
Tenant
Hdubarry
In response to lynne1212

I'd use glossy accents or judikins dimensional glaze mixed with a drop of a dye re-inker. Mix it together on a piece of wax paper or in a plastic cup or plate that you can toss when you're done. Then use a toothpick like a brush and draw a drop or two or three on your page.

New Kid On the Block

you could also you pop-up glue dots and then clear emboss.

cindy71
Resident
cindy71

I did this on a layout using an embossing pen, clear embossing powder, Ranger Crackle Medium, and Distress ink.

I drew the shape of the tear I wanted with the embossing pen (I think I used the Perfect Pearls one or the Inkadinkadoo one - I can't remember). I sprinkled it with clear embossing powder and heat set. That gave me the form.

I patted some Distress Ink - Stormy Sky or Chipped Sapphire - on an acrylic stamp block. I spritzed the ink a little bit to get it liquid-y and used a paintbrush to apply the ink the paper inside the tear shape.

Before the ink dried, filled in the form with Crackle Medium, with less at the top and more at the bottom of the tear.

It worked great and added a lot of dimension to my project!

chaton_13
Pro
chaton_13
In response to cindy71

You can use hot glue and ink with alcohol inks

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics