Username Post: What would you do if...        (Topic#1585189)
Andra Hoffman
Resident
Andra Hoffman

you ordered a grab bag a 8 days ago, and the email from said place says they will send an email with tracking number, yet never sends the tracking number and on the 6th day you send an email asking for a tracking number, and get no response. So you send an email from their site to them again politely asking for a tracking number, and let them know payment has cleared your bank, and still no response!
My sister ordered this same thing 3 days after I did and got hers today. There's still a chance it could/might arrive tomorrow...and if it doesn't, then what?
What would you do??

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Andra Hoffman

check with the better business bureau??

did you pay with pay pal??

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to CommaHolly

you could always dispute the charge with your credit card company.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

well it is good that your sis got hers so maybe yours just got stuck in the system for some reason. I hope it does arrive tomorrow.

Andra Hoffman
Resident
Andra Hoffman

paid with my Visa. Yes I will definitely dispute if it should go that route and I hope it will not. I just can't imagine not having communication with a customer. If we ran our own business that way, we'd have zero customers.

Veteran

Have you checked your spam or junk mail? Sometimes things get shot there for some odd reason.

Fargomutt
Expert
Fargomutt
In response to SunnyAB

is it coming from an area that was hit with snow? maybe they lost power and are finding it difficult to get to the post office.

I would give it a couple more days, then dispute it with the credit card company.

good luck!

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to SunnyAB

I'd try phoning. Sometimes it helps to talk straight to a person....make sure you get their name.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to olleharr

Do you and your sister live in the same city or state? Honest things do happen but they should answer email.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Henri Jean

did you get it yet????

Andra Hoffman
Resident
Andra Hoffman

nope no mail!
I would call the seller if I could find a phone number..all I have is email and facebook messaging.
Which I just sent her a message.
I do understand honest things happen, but when you do not answer emails it makes you look suspicious.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

I placed an order with one of my favorite online stores last year and found an error in my package when it arrived. I sent emails and didn't get a response. No available numbers on their site. After a couple of days, they corrected my order but never communicated with me. I haven't ordered since.

Another place, the owner made a personal phone call to my house wanting to know if everything arrived okay and to thank me for shopping. The personal phone call was above and beyond and little over the top. But I still shop with them.

Right here at sb.com, you won't find better customer service.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to runzalot81

My sister and I had ordered on the same day from a company... each getting Spellbinders dies. Hers arrived in a week and had a mistake. She emailed and they took care of it. I didn't get my order for over 3 weeks and it was missing an item. I emailed and got a nasty reply saying I shouldn't complain because it had been on sale and had flat rate shipping. They would refund the cost of the die set. Even thought the packing slip and shipping email said it was included. They said that the packing slip is prepared before items are boxed so they can't indicate that an order is not 100% filled. They never did refund my money. I will Never order from them again. It is a big company that borders on my state and is a thousand miles from my sis. Poor customer service makes them a no repeated business in my eyes.

scrapchica
Guru
scrapchica
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I placed an order with Joann's and it took 6 days to get an email with a tracking number. It was well after the payment cleared. Thought was odd, but it still came-just took it 10ish days! Good luck!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to scrapchica

I hope you get it soon! I don't understand why they don't answer you emails. Bad business practice.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to Henri Jean

Can you do a search for them on the I'net and maybe find their customer service number on their homepage? There's no excuse for not responding to your e-mail, even if it's to tell you your order is on back order or something. Ignoring you is certainly bad customer service. Do you have an order number?

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to dwelch

As the person who does ordering in our small company I know companies don't all operate the same. Some companies we order from and get supplies the next day. Some we order from and get tracking data when the package is sent, others don't send the tracking info, the product just shows up. Some we order from and they don't even bother to tell us an item is backordered. If we are lucky we have other items that arrive with an indication on the packing slip that an item is backordered at which point I often call to see when we might expect it and sometimes to cancel that item and order from elsewhere if its needed immediately.

I have no idea what day you emailed but bigger businesses often send automated replies saying they will respond within 2 business days so I wouldn't really expect anything before that. And if by chance you emailed them lets say Friday afternoon, that would mean no reply expected before Tuesday afternoon.

Even if they didn't send an automated email many companies, both large and small, don't work on weekends, or at least the administrative departments who probably monitor emails don't, so again, if you emailed Friday (not saying you did but its the weekend now so the idea is in my mind) they may not even see the email until Monday.

All I'm saying is that while the company you ordered from may not be the best at doing business with a personal touch or as quickly as you'd like, as others have said, it doesn't mean they are dishonest or doing something "wrong" necessarily.

Assuming you and your sister live in the same town, I would be concerned in your situation and keep on top of it. If you don't live in the same town, perhaps she lives closer and mail delivery is more direct to her area?

Andra Hoffman
Resident
Andra Hoffman
In response to disneylisa

The confirmation email from when I paid is definitely an automated message, and also says if you have any questions or concerns please contact us. Yes there is an order number.
We run a business as well, and I totally get not all businesses run the same. My husband owns the company and affords him to work whatever hours he chooses, which also means customers call at all hours, and he answers. That's just how he has always done it, and customers know when they call they will get to talk with him. And we do work on weekends.
When I first emailed this lady,it was on a Wednesday. I know she has been online. While checking for more info on her site, the grab bag that was for sale, the item photo and link were removed.
If a person pays for an item with a credit card with the intentions of never paying their credit card bill, that is considered theft. So I really see it no different when a company and or seller keeps money received and never ships an item.
Not to say this person is not being honest, I honestly do not know, but when you have made 3 attempts and do not get an answer just makes you wonder, are they honest or not.
I just wanted to know what you guys would do. I've never had an issue like this before and was unsure what to do.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.

I recall ordering something from one of the steal sites. Didn't get an email with the tracking number for almost a week (they do say 3-5 bus days for shipping though). Then I waited for more than 3 weeks for the parcel to arrive - it took forever! (no wonder though, with canadian shipping and everything). The parcel I ordered two weeks later came, so I got worried. Emailed the Cust Service - received a reply on the third day that it's still in transit, but finally two more days and it was here. Anyway, I guess slow customer service and slow mail are irritating, but sometimes just something we have to deal with..
try emailing them again - also if you can, use a different email address, and just say you are using a different email to make sure your email is not deleted by the junk filter. good luck!

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to OlesyaK.

A while back some of us ordered boxes from piggytales and didn't receive them. (There's a thread on here somewhere about our experience.) We all e-mailed...several times, but wouldn't get any response. They had an sb account and I PM'd them, but I don't think they're active on the site. Ditto FB and Twitter. I finally found an e-mail that was hooked to a school linked to their site and sent an e-mail to there. I eventually got a response. She said all of our e-mails had gone into her junk folder.

When I have unread mail in any of my folders, including the junk one, it is highlighted...and I go make sure it's not from someone I want to actually get e-mail from. I guess she didn't do that.

Eventually packages were shipped, but I was missing part of mine so had to start the whole e-mail process again. I finally got all of my packs, but was so disappointed in the quality that I've never tried a warehouse sale again.

It seemed to be threats of going to her state's Consumer Affairs that finally got her attention. Hope you get your problems resolved!~Judy

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics