Username Post: 4th Birthday Party Theme        (Topic#1585207)
KaybeeBitters
Guru
KaybeeBitters

My daughter will be 4 in June and I'm trying to come up with party theme ideas. I've been all over pinterest, but I can't seem to come up with something. I know I want to have her a tea party birthday next year for her 5th, but I am stumped for age 4! I know you guys probably have lots of ideas, being crafty scrapbookers! I like parties that havea co-ordinating activity like my daughters mermaid birthday was a pool party, and her cowgirl party last year had pony rides. Any other ideas??

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to KaybeeBitters

Circus theme

Karen B
Diva
Karen B
In response to NMlady

What is she currently interested in? I tried looking at your gallery, but it looks like you've been scrapbooking as much as me lately!

KaybeeBitters
Guru
KaybeeBitters
In response to Karen B

haha Karen- I actually have been scrapping lately but I just haven't uploaded in AGESSSSS. I think there literally isn't one layout with my daughter in it on here. She really likes hello kitty, but I can't think of an activity to go with that (plus I like to hand make her birthday banner and all that with my cricut- is there a HK cartridge?). Been toying with the idea of an ice cream social or a sweet shoppe theme. I love the circus idea, but our friends 4th bday is exactly one week before my daughter and his mom already picked that one!

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan

There is a Hello Kitty cartridge. No idea if it is retired or anything.

How about a Teddy Bear picnic? If not Teddy, then Hello Kitty picnic?

lifethroughalens
Veteran
lifethroughalens
In response to corrie fan

Dress-up party. Do a fashion show with you and maybe someone else being the photographers.

Kathy_in_wlsv
Pro
Kathy_in_wlsv
In response to lifethroughalens

When Ally turned 4 we had a "garden" party. The kids transplanted real marigolds into bigger pots, that they had decorated, favors were little watering cans and garden trowels and gardening gloves etc. They each got to shovel over a spade of dirt in our real garden, we had "worms 'n dirt" cupcakes.

They all had a blast and later that growing season she took fresh green beans from "HER" garden to day care to share.

Karen B
Diva
Karen B
In response to Kathy_in_wlsv

If Hello Kitty, the last time I was at Michaels' (several months ago--I'm mostly digital now), they had a bunch of inexpensive Hello Kitty stuff. Like bubbles and coloring book stuff. I Googled
hello kitty activities
and got a bunch of hits. There's some nice activity suggestions at the bottom of this page: http://www.birthdayinabox.com/party-ideas/hello-kit ty.h...

If ice cream social theme, serving bowls with a wide assortment of toppings to choose from would be nice.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6

What about simple? Like cupcakes?

Easy to make great decor and invites...and have pre-made sugar cookies or mini cupcakes for the kiddos to decorate. Different types of icings, sprinkles, sugars, M&M's etc.....

Think tiny chef aprons to decorate or just to wear while they decorate.......tiny wisks, spatulas and rolling pins/cookie cutters as favors......

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to Karen B

• Karen B Said:
If Hello Kitty, the last time I was at Michaels' (several months ago--I'm mostly digital now), they had a bunch of inexpensive Hello Kitty stuff. Like bubbles and coloring book stuff. I Googled
hello kitty activities
and got a bunch of hits. There's some nice activity suggestions at the bottom of this page: http://www.birthdayinabox.com/party-ideas/hello-kit ty.h...

If ice cream social theme, serving bowls with a wide assortment of toppings to choose from would be nice.

We did an ice cream social for my twins last birthday....(their 7th) a HUGE, HUGE hit for everyone.....

Ice Cream sundae Bar-Twins' Birthday By ScrappyMama6

krystal8625.kc
Resident
krystal8625.kc

I think the garden party idea is really cute. I found this website with cute ideas for the food and decorations http://blog.hwtm.com/2011/04/down-in-the-g arden-birthda... & I think the idea to plant there own flowers as party favors is adorable. Maybe you could do a scavenger hunt? I also love this idea for the tables: http://www.potterybarnkids.com/design-studio/celebra tio...

Maybe a girly camping theme? http://www.lilsugar.com/Camping-Themed-Sleepo ver-Party-...

Hello Kitty theme ideas : http://www.lilsugar.com/Tori-Spellings-Hello- Kitty-Birt...

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato

teddy bear party
every guest brings their teddy bear, then the kids can make something for their teddy bears like a party hat, simple necklace.
name tags for the teddy bears
photos with the bears

Diva
In response to Gelidy Gelato

Depending wher you live maybe somthing summer beach day or something like that!

Trina_P
Guru
Trina_P
In response to bayamonesa1

The dress up party can keep little girls busy for a lonnnnng time. lol. Not sure of other activities associated with it but that is a good age for dress up. With it being summertime, that opens you up to a number of party ideas. I would not worry as much about having the whole party geared around say dress up as much as just planning activities to keep little ones happy and busy. That is the things they will remember most.

Karen B
Diva
Karen B
In response to Trina_P

To go with dress up, maybe paper dolls cut out on your Cricut or decorate girl gingerbread cookies? Decorate a paper crown?

Trina_P
Guru
Trina_P
In response to Karen B

To go along with the dress up theme you could go to a dollar store and get little goodie bags for the girls. It might contain plastic necklaces, ring,earrings, a crown, and some have the little compacts that have pretend makeup (just plastic, no real makeup in it, unless u are up for a big mess challenge lol)

If you had a few friends that could help, you could have "beauty stations" One-a simple hair style. Two-paint finger nails and toenails. Three-Lotion and perfume to finish it off. All would of course be applied by the adult running the station.

Maybe see if you could borrow some shoes with just a small heel from a friend(s) who have girls just older than those at the party. Oh and pulling out or borrowing some large hats like sun hats or something big for them to top the outfit off.

After the girls are all dressed up, do a photo booth where each girl can come in and have her "glamor" picture made. (Moms would probably love a copy).

Lastly I would suggest a little girls tea party type tablescape.

Diva
In response to Trina_P

SUch great idea!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics