Username Post: Scrapbook Expo- Latest and greatest classes        (Topic#1585241)
happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper

I am trying to decide between the Latest and Greatest tool class and Product class at Scrap book Expo. If anyone else has already taken them and can tell me what each class included, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-18-13 11:16 AM
In response to happy2Bscrapper

I'd like to know as well...

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to Vae

me too, are you attending the grapevine expo in texas Happy?

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper
In response to mindygail

No, I am going to Valley Forge in April and then Somerset, NJ in September. I am preparing to sign up for Valley Forge.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail

cool and btw nice pic jarvae!!!
I am excited about the expo it is only 3 days away!!!!!!!!!!!!! weeeeeeeee!!!!!! hahaha

Diva
In response to mindygail

Have fun everyone!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-19-13 09:07 AM
In response to bayamonesa1

Thanks girl! I'm excited too! I can't believe it's so soon... I need to hurry and get my stuff organized. I might work on that during my lunch break today.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Vae

I took a few classes at the expo last year. I dont remember the names, but 1 was by Faber Castell. The class was ok, the goody bag was fun, but the teacher didn't seem like she had a clue. Every question was answered with "I dont know! Lets try it and see!" Which I do all the time on my own, but if youre representing a product, shouldn't you know a little bit about it?!

Another class I took was all about different closures and we made a mini book with all kinds of closing techniques. That was fun and fast paced.

I know there were at least 2 more, but I can't really remember them. All of the classes give you something to take away and they all offer give aways during class.

There are also "classes" (such as by Queen and Co) that are basically just live commercials for their products. You dont do anything but sit, listen, watch and leave with free product.

Most of the vendors giving classes will also give you a special coupon ($ off, free this that etc) at their booth during the show, which is always nice.

I'd say read the descriptions of all the classes, then pick 1 (or 3!) that sounds interesting to you. Just dont forget to leave time for shopping!!

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper
In response to Kim222

Here is a blog entry on the tool class at the Texas expo:
http://bonjourscrap.blogspot.com

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom

I have taken the Latest and Greatest three years in a row. The teacher, sorry can't remember her name, (a blonde girl) is WONDERFUL!!!! She has great tips and tricks. I think we normally do four layouts, can't remember if this is a one page layout with the option of buying page 2 on the demo floor or not. Latest and Greatest is one of our favs!!!
It is a class that move FAST!!! Do not expect to finish the layouts in class. But she will give you a picture with the layout to complete it afterwards. Well worth the money!!!!!!! We are always pleased!!!

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to binkiemonstermom

OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought the OP was asking for info on expo classes in general!!! I didn't realize there was an actual class called Latest and Greatest

OK--ignore my post and carry on!!!

happy2Bscrapper
Idol
happy2Bscrapper
In response to Kim222

binkiemonstermom you are talking about Shelby at Embellish It. These are different classes that they the Scrapbook Expo people are teaching at their expos this year. They are lecture classes where they supposedly give you $80 worth of product. One is a Tool class and the other is a Product class. I was just wondering which one was better....

Cricutgirlg
Expert
Cricutgirlg

I just took this class at CKC in Oct Chicago with Sophia with Strictly Scrapbooking. It was product based and we received a lot of stuff and it was well worth it. I would love to take one that would be tool based. I met someone who took the Scrapbooking Expo class which was tool based and she had a lot of wonderful tools. So, different Expos but the same concept, loads stuff and low pressure. I hope this helps.

Edited by Cricutgirlg on 02-25-13 01:42 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to Cricutgirlg

Yes, I think it is Shelby!!! I'm sorry, I didn't realize it was the Expo, I am thinking the CKC!!! So sorry!!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics