Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: question        (Topic#1585251)
scraphouse
Governor
scraphouse

sometimes i cant click back to previous image, why is that?

gin1902
Diva
gin1902
In response to scraphouse

Let me first say I'm dumber than a fence post when it comes to computer stuff. I WISH I had the intelligence of a box of rocks when it comes to these things!

That said, lately, on some sites (but not all), when I click "back" I get a little bubble that says "go back one page or right click or pull down to show history." So I actually have to click "back" twice (depending on the site) to go back even though I've never had that issue before and it seems to me that if I've already clicked "back" it's 'cause I actually want to go back and not have to sometimes click twice. And worse, sometimes when I do click twice, I end up several pages away from where either I was or intended to go.

No idea if this helps or makes it worse for you, and again, I'm a complete idiot, but you might look and see if you're getting those directions. Which are stupider than I am and much more aggravating.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

I'm dumb too, but I don't have any problem clicking back here. It must be some way your computer is set to use history.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to gin1902

I noticed this same thing just last week for the first time. I thought it was my comp or net just being hard to get along with??!

gin1902
Diva
gin1902
In response to ChansGram

This is one site (and an awesome site it is!) that I don't have the back trouble with.

If I had to guess, and since I don't know, I'm sort of stuck with guessing-I'm thinking it's some kind of "new and improved" thing where somebody thought having more options was "better" somehow. That when you hit back what you really meant was, "please give me more options since I didn't really mean back." You know, like "new and improved" ice cream which only means that the carton is smaller.

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to gin1902

A lot of the functionality in navigating the internet depends on which browser you're using, and which version of that browser. That's why different people here will report different results.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to ChansGram

• ChansGram Said:
I noticed this same thing just last week for the first time. I thought it was my comp or net just being hard to get along with??!

Me too!
I thought it was my computer but may it IS an internet issue.....

Alison

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to kiyawinn

I was having that issue too, but only here. I disabled my Google toolbar and now I can use the back button here. Gotta be able to use that back button here!

scraphouse
Governor
scraphouse
In response to Solitaire

thanks so much for all your replies, i sure appreciate the help. I googled it, have gone to the help button on my computer. Unplugged it from the wall. I think I'll pray for guidance.
And, i may have to put up with eyerolls and "every day its something" ,and ask the dh. I was wondering if other people are having the same probs,if it was a sb.com thing. From what you all are saying, it sounds like its not a sb.com thing.

scraphouse
Governor
scraphouse
In response to ChansGram

yes could be the computer giving me a hard time .

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

I've had the problem at various sites so it's not a sb.com issue.......

Alison

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to rockmom

• rockmom Said:
I was having that issue too, but only here. I disabled my Google toolbar and now I can use the back button here. Gotta be able to use that back button here!

I use the Google toolbar as well.....how about the rest of you that are having issues, do you use Google toolbar?
Maybe that's the problem......

Alison

scraphouse
Governor
scraphouse
In response to rockmom

yes im only having the problem here

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 02-18-13 09:57 AM
In response to kiyawinn

Usually for me it has to do with how many ads are on the page and how often they refresh - sometimes if you click the down arrow next to your back button (or hold the back button down if you're on Firefox), you'll see that all of the ads have created a "page" that you have to click back through. Usually easier at that point to just scroll down the list and find the REAL page you want to go back to.

I've never had that problem on sb.com, though.

scraphouse
Governor
scraphouse
In response to ChansGram

interesting isnt it?

scraphouse
Governor
scraphouse

ok i put the mouse on the back arrow, hold, and some options drop down. One of them is says "back to scraphouses place at sb.com." I click on that option and im to where i want to be. This problem started yesterday .

Diva

Didn't notice that issue, but the tips are always good. Thanks for sharing.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to bayamonesa1

Okay, I am back to no back button. Sigh but only from LOs. I can go back and forth between forums just not from a LO page.

Edited by rockmom on 02-18-13 12:31 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-18-13 12:34 PM
In response to rockmom

I use Google Chrome instead of internet explorer. I never have issues with it. Ever.

My friend calls me all the time with issues on hers and every time I ask her if she clicked the blue E or the google chrome button. She always forgets to use Chrome but it always seems to fix any issues she has.

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 02-18-13 12:39 PM
In response to Vae

Just open additional tabs and never leave the first page. That's what I do.

If I'm commenting on layouts in one of the challenges I am in, I just right click on the layout, select open new tab. Then when you're done, close the tab. No back button required.

I do when I have google something and am not sure what site I want to use so I don't have to go back to the google search again.

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics