Username Post: I have had my Cameo Silhouette for        (Topic#1585271)
creater1
Diva
creater1

3 weeks. I wonder how many of you may have had a Cricut Expression and many cartridges. Did you keep both machines or sell your Cricut.

I love the Cameo so much that I wonder if I will ever go back to using my Cricut.

I would love to know what others have done. TIA

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to creater1

I still use my Cricut some, hoping to not wear out my Cameo :>) I use the Cameo for the intricate cuts and have the Cricut for thicker things. Actually my Cricut makes very good cuts. I was completely happy with it, but wanted the Print and Cut feature of the Cameo. I would make Cricut do P&C, but it's nice to not have to do all the extra work to make it happen.

I was one of the lucky ones who bought SCAL before the lawsuits, so I can still use it on my Cricut. I think I only have 3 cartridges and only use one because one has to be in the machine to cut with SCAL. I've never actually made a cut with a cartridge. Two or three cartridges came with my Cricut and Hubby bought me one at Wally World. I should dig them out and see if they have anything interesting on them :>)

If I didn't have SCAL, I'd probably donate my Cricut to a school or the kids' dept. at church.~Judy

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to mrsdriver5

So tempted to get a Cameo. Just afraid it will collect as much dust as my Cricut. I have about 12 or 14 cartridges and use them occasionally.

THe main problem with using my Cricut is I have no clue what is on each cartridge. There are pages I've printed online about what is on each cartridge but the images are so small and so difficult to capture the pages that show them.

I would like to print all the images somehow so I can put them in my notebook and really thumb through them where they aren't so tiny and also, more comprehensive.

I started copying the pages in each booklet and that is a royal pain! There has to be a better way.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Henri Jean

I have 127 cartridges and will not get rid of my Cricut. Kind of like kids for me. Each one has its own merits. I am in Cameo heaven right now, but the $$ I spent on the Cricut couldn't be recouped from a sale. Not even close. The Cricut has GREAT letters and titles in fun layers. The Cameo has cool images that are hard to beat.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to 950nancy

I kept my Cricut machines as well. I don't use them as often as I do the other machines, but sometimes there is the perfect image on the cartridges. It is easy to pop one in make the cuts needed for a project. I think it is a win-win if you have the room for them both.

creater1
Diva
creater1
In response to HisGEM

I have printed each booklet out and put into a binder but yet by the time I search for what I am looking for I am completely frustrated with the time.
I have used the Cricutsearch.com which has been heaven sent for quick reference.

I too will probably keep mine as I would never get near what I paid for them.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to creater1

Is there a way to find and print the booklets online?

950nancy
Diva
950nancy

Henri, if you go to cricut.com and look up products and find the cartridge, you can look up digital book and then run the pages you want off. You can run off several pages to a computer sheet of paper. It is expensive on ink, but super helpful for the cartridges you love.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 02-19-13 06:11 PM

If anything happens to my Expression, I will be very tempted to go the route of a Cameo. A lightning strike got my aunt's Cricut and she ended up buying the Cameo and loves it. I too think I would LOVE the print & cut feature! $I just don't feel that I, at this time, use my Cricut enough to justify purchasing another machine. Like Mrs. Driver, I got SCAL before the lawsuit and can still use it on my Expression. That's really the only way I use mine too. I do use cartridges occasionally when I don't want to hook up my laptop. I actually need to use those more often...I have 15-20 of them.

I also got a Big Shot and have been using it a lot! I've got several Spellbinders and also some embossing plates & folders. Those can keep me very happy!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to LeeLo

Also, Henri- you've just gotta log into the Cricut CraftRoom- I'm the same as you- had NO clue WHAT images I had and I hated the little icons in the books. Once CCR came out- (also with an image search) and I was able to click thru cartridges and see every image and be able to embiggen each one if I wanted even MORE detail, I decided I love my Cricut.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to designguyKORY

Hey Kory, I tried to do something in craft room the other day, but couldn't figure out how.

I logged in I think, and was trying to buy just an image of lips (for BFFs valentines), I couldn't figure out how to buy 1image, not the whole cartridge or had to have the cartridge to print it. If I had your cell number I would have called you and asked! We just ended up printing a pair from Internet and I helped her cut them out.

I guess I need to practice before I have someone show and want me to cut something.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to designguyKORY

Okay - will go over there after dinner tonight. Husband is making bbq chicken (it's 10:15PM but we eat late some nights - and some nights at 5:00PM - just whenever someone feels like cooking).

I know you mentioned CCR (When I see that I start hearing "Bad Moon Rising" and "Lookin' Out My Back Door".

Anyway, you've mentioned CCR before and I need to check it out. I'm sure if I use it I will need extra cables and things although I may have something that connects the Cricut to the computer with my Gypsy. Wish I could find a class. WIsh I could find my cables. Wish I had a clue.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics