Username Post: spellbinder and card making        (Topic#1585275)
ckair 
Veteran
  • ckair on 02-19-13 07:17 AM

I have a new love=Spellbinders for card making. (I am just getting into card making, old scrapbooker though). Question = how do you glue down the intricate edges on your cards without having the glue show through? Hope this makes sense. Thanks.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to ckair

If I were you, I'd ask an expert

Check out her gallery here :

http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

Edited by Kim222 on 02-19-13 11:02 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to Kim222

Zig glue pen... it makes very think lines of glue... about like an ink pen. You do have to work carefully when attaching the dies to cards but they make everything so beautiful. I only use my dies for cards.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Kim222

Kim dear, you are too funny (and too sweet!)

I was all excited to check out an expert's gallery!!!!

I generally DON'T glue down the lacy parts I just glue down the middle and let the lacy parts flap in the breeze,,,,often, my die cuts are raised on pop dots anyway,,, if I MUST glue them down, I usually use ATG and just rub away the adhesive that shows through the little holes

thank you for your compliments If you find a REAL expert,,,,,let me know

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to CommaHolly

Glue stick. Just dab it lightly onto the intricate parts, don't wipe it. Use stronger adhesive on the non-lacy bits for extra strength.

New Kid On the Block
In response to RedSquirrel UK

I think Glue stick not always work on the sharper sides of cards. I also use ATG which is a good adhesive and it works well in such conditions.

lcalderone
Resident
lcalderone
In response to MarkDavidson

I use Tombow Mono adhesive. Just add dots of glue or small lines of glue. There's no need to glue the entire surface in most cases. I prefer Tombow Mono because any excess can be erased away with an adhesive remover. The adhesive remover by EK Success is my favorite.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Diva
In response to lcalderone

I have been thinking about buying them for the same reason. I may give in. The cards are so pretty with the frames done with Spellbinders!

KDQ
KDQ 
Guru
KDQ
  • KDQ on 03-18-13 12:10 PM
In response to bayamonesa1

Zig glue pen is the best. You can buy diffrent tip sizes to glue the most intricate designs.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics