Username Post: how to use pinterest?        (Topic#1585289)
mindygail
Expert
mindygail

Hello, I have heard one lady on here say she finally figured out how to "SET" her boards. What is that reffering to? I also have noticed that some of the boards of others offer printables but I do not know how to access them.
thanks for the help,
mg

SHeaRI
SHeaRI 
Resident
SHeaRI
In response to mindygail

Are you wondering how to use Pinterest in general?

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to SHeaRI

no I mean you look and pin that is basically it, but someone around here mentioned in a thread setting the boards. How does that work?

SHeaRI
SHeaRI 
Resident
SHeaRI
In response to mindygail

Can you link to the post you're talking about - I don't understand what you mean and I'm a "pin-addict"

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 02-19-13 01:43 PM
In response to SHeaRI

For the printables - have you actually clicked on them? When you click on a pin it pops up in a window, then you click on it again to go to wherever it was pinned from (assuming it's still there and isn't a broken link). Also, have you tried looking in the pinterest help section?

KatieJo
Mayor
KatieJo
In response to stick

Like stick says... for getting to the printables, sometimes clicking on the enlarged (already clicked on picture of the) pin will take you right to the website needed. Of course sometimes it has been repinned multiple times and will take numerous clicks on a series of that same enlarged pin photo before you can reach the web source. Of course as she also stated... sometimes the link is broken and it won't take you anywhere at all anymore. It generally says "oops" or "error" or "suspicious link" etc. when that is the case instead. I, personally, tend to delete pins that I have found to be broken links unless the photo itself is useful or pretty. Printables, recipes, how to's etc should definitely take you somewhere that you can actually get some use from them.

I have also found the thread you were referring to....

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15841...

The very first post from the OP (original poster) says she finally figured out how to "set the boards" but I don't know for sure what she is referring to... creating the boards?, sorting the boards? pinning pins to a specific board? Sorry... can't help much there. Wonder if I'm missing something too now... Hmmm?

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 02-19-13 02:41 PM
In response to KatieJo

I think the OP just meant that she figured out how to create boards or how to post a link to her boards. I doubt it was a specific feature or detail she was referring to, just an unusual word choice or perhaps a typo.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to stick

IT was me... what I meant was I finally figured how to arrange my different boards in an order I like & set it at that & how to change it. LIke put the scrappy stuff before the recipes for example.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to anda11

oh I gotcha! sorry to be a pain. thanks for the great ideas guys!!!
I LOVE pinterest.
mg

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to mindygail

OH for heaven sakes Mindy.... you are never a pain.. lol

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to anda11