Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: How do you store your stamps?        (Topic#1585299)
justartguy007
Pro
justartguy007

Hi I don't know if I have already have a topic on this. But if I do I'm sorry to make another post of the same question.
Anyways I was wondering where do you keep all the stamps anyone of you have collected over the years? What work best for you so far? I have been collection a few more stamps over the past few months. I have been keeping it in its original package if I can. I have been putting them all together in a 8.5x11 page protector too. But trying to find a better way to store all together. I saw a few folders or binders but I have a small space don't have room. Plus I want to keep them in their original package. I was thinking of buying a photo box from Wal Mart or maybe one of those Cropper Hopper card box from Hobby Lobby for my stamps.

Justie

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to justartguy007

I have a combination my magnolia stamps are in dvd cases, my clear stamps are in three ring zip up binders and the stamps are on sheets made to hold stamps. My stamps like stampvie are in card page protectors in 3 ring zip up binders. And my CTMH stamps are in a close to my heart plastic container.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

I just got this Cropper Hopper and I love it. It has sheets in it that store cling stamps very nice and it's EASY to flip through it and find what you are looking for. I have a couple of TH sets and those also fit in the CH on it's original storage sheet. Because it's easy to flip through, you won't need to lable the outside of a dvd storage container. (I do have an inventory of all of my stamps, that is so I don't buy a duplicate, which I have done before!)

I also have some wood block stamps, I have those in a basket the same size as the CH.

I just ordered another set of the sheets, but it comes with a lot of sheets. I ordered those from another vendor, SB.com does not have the additional pack of sheets. I like the way the stamps stay on the sheets nicely. I also had mine in page protectors and I found it a pain. This way, they are actually takeing up less space.

The only thing that did NOT fit, is I have a set of Fiskars alphas. Their sets are big square sets and it does not fit in the normal direction, but I slid it in on the side easily.

Read the reviews, it does have one odd thing and that is the little "drawer" on the front, don't know what the purpose of that is!

Products Referenced in This Post:

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to CrimsonMama

The drawer is to store blocks and other accessories like static bags.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Sneezy1956

oooooh I like that box, CrimsonMama- I want one! Is that the only color/pattern that it comes in?

But I would need 20 of those to hold all my stamps. I wish they just sold the cards- the Dollar Tree sells a similar sized bin.

My stamp situation is a mess.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to designguyKORY

Oh! They do sell the cards! The wonders of READING below the item. lol

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel

My wooden block stamps live in a shallow drawer.

My acrylic and cling ones live in binders that used to hold CDs. I have one for Christmas stamps and one for everything else.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

It is the only color but my office / scrapy area is black and white so it worked for me. But yes, find a bin that works and just buy the cards.

I would love it if all cling stamps came on a sheet like TH's, sets but they don't!

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to CrimsonMama

I have 2 of those hanging shoe organizer things---the plastic ones with all the pockets. I keep my wood mounted stamps in those.

I keep cling mounted stamps (rubber and acrylic) in zippered binders. I just slide the whole package into 8.5"x11" page protectors.

I have one of the TH stamp binders, but that is chock FULL of his stamp sets, and I'm not sure if I'm going to get another of those, or another regular zippered binder.
Things that make you go hmmmmmm......

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Kim222

My wood mounted stamps are in a really cool old leather suitcase sitting on my bookcase.

My acrylic stamps are all on the Cropper Hopper storage sheets(like above) sitting in a basket I got at Ms....

Alison
Products Referenced in This Post:

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech

• designguyKORY Said:
Oh! They do sell the cards! The wonders of READING below the item. lol

scrapperb2
Diva
scrapperb2

Hello, I also have many stamps, mostly updated ones and some wood ones. I bought a storage box at Walmart and it is tall and not very wide. It is great and holds all my stamps and. I keep all my ink pads, daubbers,etc in a smaller one and they stack on top of each other.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 02-20-13 10:56 AM
In response to scrapperb2

Stampendous Stuftainers. I hate open boxes because of the dust, these are clamshell style, I absolutely love them! I have a bunch of Thin ones for the unmounted stamps, and a couple of Thickers for small wood-mounted stamps.

Large wood-mounts I keep in a CD or DVD box (with lid).

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to stick

I store my acrylic in cd cases. I like those because I can see the stamps very easily and can store them vertically. That way I don't have to shuffle through them all to get to one on the bottom.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to olleharr

Well, Stick, I'm sure you know I live in a spotless, dustless and glamourous apartment- I dont know what you're trying to say...

hehe

I didn't think about the dust- that's a good thing for me to think about- I hate pulling a stamp out and it's got dust on it- those plastic stamps attract dust, and dangit, I'm running out of clean shirts and an immune system. (from licking a stamp and rubbing it on my shirt, of course).

justartguy007
Pro
justartguy007

Hey guys thanks for giving me options to look at. I might buy the zipper binder. I have one for my cds. I guess I'll just have to look around and see what works for me.
Kory you are a funny man if you have someone in your life that is one lucky person
Also I got a pm from the scrapbook(dot)com people I guess I won $10.00 coupon off anything $10.00 off my next order. Pretty cool if you ask me. But don't know if I'll use it trying to save money.

Justie

mindygail
Expert
mindygail

Dear LORD, my stamp situation is non existant . Meaning I keep all my stamps in two big ziplock bags in a plasic blue bin bssket thing. Sad.
Need an actual system!!!!!!

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to mindygail

Ok probably OFF SUBJECT BUT: Kory how do i start in on a circle journal or helping make an art journal??? info plz! Ps- LOVE your blog scrapiverse!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 02-20-13 08:12 PM

• designguyKORY Said:
Well, Stick, I'm sure you know I live in a spotless, dustless and glamourous apartment- I dont know what you're trying to say...

LMAO!! Let me state for the record that I am NOT by any means a clean freak. Reasonably tidy and hygienic is the most I can accomplish. BUT - San Francisco is the dustiest city! I could dust today and there will be another layer tomorrow so it looks like I haven't dusted in a couple of weeks. (And by "I" I mean "DH" cause he does most of the housework these days thanks to retirement )

Scrapingbliss
Mayor
Scrapingbliss
In response to stick

I have hundreds of stamps, mostly cling and acrylic, stored in CD cases and some wooden, stored in drawers. I catalog my stamps in my scraprack, but before I got the scrap rack I cataloged them in notebooks. I got 8 1/2 x11 sheet protectors and a 3 ring binder and a bunch of white paper. Then I made categories for all of them. One was Sentiments, Background, Letters, one was Birthday, one for girl one for boy, travel... you get the idea. Then I stamped each stamp in the appropriate category (some are stamped in more than 1 if they apply) and the CD case is assigned a number, and put into my 4x4 jetmax cubes. If I'm working on Christmas cards and I need a Christmas stamp I flip to my Christmas section find the stamp I want to use see the number and go get it, that easy. No searching through binders or piles of stamps (which was my old system!) My wooden stamps are assigned the next number in line but I put a "W" next to the number to let me know that's a wooden stamp and will be found in the drawer. If it's in drawer 2 it says "number, W2". I love this system!!! And I wish I started it when I first started buying stamps it would have saved me months in going back and trying to set it up.

If you want to know who the manufacturer is of the stamp you can write it next to the image in the catalog. For instance I like to know which are my Stampin' Up stamps and Close to my heart, so when I assign the set a number I put SU next to the Stampin Up ones and CTMH next to the Close to my heart sets.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics