Username Post: Scrapbooking and Candy Wrappers?        (Topic#1585303)
Karen W.
New Kid On the Block
Karen W.

Hi, I'm new here. I love scrapbooking and also using scrap elements/papers to make personalized candy wrappers and favors for others. I even have my own website. Check out my gallery. Do any of you do this here?
Karen W.

Karen W.
New Kid On the Block
Karen W.
In response to Karen W.

So nobody here does candy wrapping? It's a fun addition to scrapbooking - and I use a lot of scrapbook elements and papers to create my wrappers.

Edited by Karen W. on 03-06-13 12:14 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Karen W.

We're not allowed to link any other sites here that sell stuff

Just wanted you to know since you're new.

and Welcome!!!!!!

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Karen W.

I've never seen these before, no. I have used sweet wrappers on off-the-page projects, but not for scrap-booking because I'm never sure how acid-free they are. The vivid colours are SO pretty.

Just a friendly note though, you probably ought to remove the link to your site as it's against the rules to post links to other stores here. I'd hate for you to get into trouble.

Do you do scrap-booking as well? Do you use your wrappers on LOs?

Karen W.
New Kid On the Block
Karen W.
In response to RedSquirrel

I'm sorry about including the link to my website - I'm new here - I've deleted it. Thanks for letting me know. I do some digital scrapbooking, but mostly I buy the scrapbooking elements and papers to create my wrappers and other favors. It's so much fun!!!

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Karen W.

It's always interesting to see how people use scrapping supplies in innovative ways. The hoarder in me always hates throwing away those gorgeous cellophane Quality Street and Roses chocolate wrappers, even though I know I have no use for them. Actually I used some for stage lights once!

Karen W.
New Kid On the Block
Karen W.

Yes, there are so many talented designers out there who allow me to use their art on my wrapper designs. I'm always amazed at others' talents!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Karen W.

surely upload the pics to your gallery here, though,,,,,,your candy wrappers are really darling,,,

Karen W.
New Kid On the Block
Karen W.
In response to CommaHolly

Thank you so much for your nice comments. I'll upload more pics to my gallery.

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to Karen W.

I like to make candy wrappers, but I do my design on the computer, then print them on coated paper. They're great for Sweet 16 or any birthday or special day. I haven't used scrappy supplies with mine, but I do use some of the wrappers on LOs to go with the occasion that I'm scrapping.

Welcome and I enjoyed looking through your gallery~Judy

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to mrsdriver5

You have some cute ideas in your gallery.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to prittb

Now that I actually look at your creations properly, I realise that you're making candy wrappers out of pretty paper, not making pretties OUT OF candy wrappers. I'm so sorry, I really wasn't reading properly.

I made a bunch of those for the church craft Advent Fair last year. The decorated chocolate bars, coffee and hot chocolate sachets flew off the table faster than anything else.

Forgive me. I had self-diagnosed crazy-brain (technical term)...

Karen W.
New Kid On the Block
Karen W.

It's OK, RedSquirrel. I was just curious if anyone here used scrapbooking elements/papers to make favors. Looks like a few do. Thanks again for the warm welcome and positive comments.

Diva
In response to Karen W.

Very nice work. Love the work done. great diea! Thanks for sharing!

Karen W.
New Kid On the Block
Karen W.
In response to bayamonesa1

Thanks again. You are all very kind and encouraging and I appreciate that!!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics