Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: What the heck?        (Topic#1585317)
merrymemoriesnj
New Kid On the Block
merrymemoriesnj

Can someone answer me a question? If I am not advertising my site (ie putting a web address) in my post-I'm just purely stating that I started a business and I could use some tips or interest in it, why was my post removed? I put that up earlier today and now it was taken down? Why is that and does anyone know where I CAN post my site without having to worry if someone will take it away? Thanks!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to merrymemoriesnj

maybe because your site is just a shop- not just a blog about the craft,and maybe referencing people back to scrapbook.com to buy the products your using?

(not that someone with a blog would have to refer people to sb.com to buy their product, but if I make something for my blog, I like to mention it can be found here)

-k

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to designguyKORY

Craigslist?

The forum rules say:
Do not use Scrapbook.com to advertise, sell, or trade products and services without the express written consent of Scrapbook.com.

Forum Rules

Good luck with your business, but honestly I don't think you'll find much interest here. This is a community of ScrapbookERS, who make their own books.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Bxr-Linda

yep those are the rules everyone agrees to when they join Megan removes those types of posts,,,it wasn't anything personal

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to CommaHolly

Exactly. There are over 300,000 neighbors here - if they all started promoting their individual business interests, it would be chaos.

There are probably sites that allow this, but I honestly haven't researched what they are.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to merrymemoriesnj

• merrymemoriesnj Said:
Can someone answer me a question? If I am not advertising my site (ie putting a web address) in my post-I'm just purely stating that I started a business and I could use some tips or interest in it, why was my post removed? Thanks!

I think thatstating that you'd like some interest in your business boils down to advertising really.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

Exactly Kory, Scrapbook.com has hundreds of vendors they sale for, so even if you are only selling a service, out of respect for them you should promote them if you want them to promote you.

Diva
In response to CrimsonMama

Wow! I was not aware of these issues, but I can see why they have some specific rules. Otherwise, this will be a pain to go over all the posts about your site. I understand the frustation of the person who was not trying to sell anything, but unless is a blog and you have alink to the store....it will look as marketing your online shop.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to bayamonesa1

The most important thing to me is that scrapbook.com sells scrapbook items. They give us this website and these boards out of the goodness of their heart - it is a big expense for these boards to be maintained and it is very generous for them to do so.

Its not fair for anyone to advertise or direct the people here to other places to buy things. The support needs to be here for sales whenever possible.

Do I shop the big box store and local scrapbook stores and even a few other online sites? Yes I do, but I shop the superstore here first and try to support them first. If I can't get it here, then I look elsewhere.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Henri Jean

• Henri Jean Said:
They give us this website and these boards out of the goodness of their heart

Well.......they do it with their business hats firmly on I'm sure, but I agree it's only right to abide by the rules.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to scrappercaz

No, it's out of the goodness of their hearts. It's the illicit substances they pipe through the internet and out our computer's exhaust fans that make us buy products that they do with their bidness hats on...

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz

Ah, I see...fair enough

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech

• designguyKORY Said:
No, it's out of the goodness of their hearts. It's the illicit substances they pipe through the internet and out our computer's exhaust fans that make us buy products that they do with their bidness hats on...

Not to mention the cut they get on my diet coke consumption.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

• designguyKORY Said:

LOL

SOOOOO...that is the secret!! We are all on to you now SB.COM!!

gin1902
Diva
gin1902

• designguyKORY Said:

I knew it! It had to be something, because I don't even like rooster motifs and I had HAD to order some of the new Graphic 45 with the roosters in it. Now that I know what's REALLY going on, I'll just take these handy rags and jam up this fan thingy and there'll be no more sweet smell of oh, hey, new stuff in the new arrivals section....... *wanders off to fetch the credit card*

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to gin1902

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to mrsdriver5

AH HA!!!!!!!!!

Now I can tell my husband that it's NOT my fault,,,,,,I HAD TO buy it,,,,,

of course, I tell him that already, but hey,,,,,any excuse will do

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Kory definitely has it figured out.

My latest order from scrapbook.com has been shipped! YEAH!!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Henri Jean

Now comes the postman stalking

gin1902
Diva
gin1902

You say, "postman stalking" like it's a bad thing. As if there was something wrong with waiting for the email saying my order shipped today and checking the tracking number every few minutes and then calling the post office to see if a package is "really" there yet and then hanging out at the mail box acting like the dirt needed kicking around or the rocks needed rearranging and that running after the mail truck when it didn't stop is somehow not "healthy" behavior. Not that I'd know personally of course.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics