Username Post: Hybrid Scrapping        (Topic#1585325)
veronicaskisses
Resident
veronicaskisses

I've been thinking about trying hybrid scrapping. Does anyone have any suggestions for me. I've only been doing traditional for now and looking into digital but I don't want to go all digital.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 02-20-13 08:27 PM
In response to veronicaskisses

I do a blend. Some all paper, some all digi, and some hybrid. It comes down to how you define "hybrid." A LOT of what I do, even for paper scrapping, is done on the computer - I edit and sometimes seriously alter photos, do all of my journalling that I print out on good paper, do a lot of my titles, and design things that I cut out with my Gazelle, which is a computer-driven electronic cutter. The titles and journalling I play with a lot, I have tons of different fonts, I use different colors and apply various layer styles and effects in Photoshop. I also make my own background pages that I have printed as a 12x12 photo and then add paper scrapping on top of.

Here's a great (to me ) example, the background is from a digi kit, the three animal photos in the corner are mine, I added a frame from another digi kit, printed it, and added the other three photos, the title and the wooden sign. (The right-hand page is in my gallery if you're interested.)
Santa Barbara Zoo, left By Stick

christicue
Tenant
christicue
In response to veronicaskisses

Hi Veronica,

Hybrid scrapbooking has so many benefits! You can get products in a pinch without having to go anywhere, print them and use them right away. The Webster's Pages collections are all available in high quality digital and there's a ton to choose from. I really like their Sweet Notes collection. They've been featuring digital and hybrid ideas on their blog all week and are having a giveaway tomorrow.

...also, another benefit of doing hybrid layouts is that you get to have all your favorite designs on your computer to use online.

autumngold
Mayor
autumngold
In response to christicue

Here's some of my variants of hybrid scrapping:

Prague - Wencelas Square By Autumngold

I like making my title or journaling blocks using photoshop and then adding them to a page. Depending on the effect I'm looking for somethimes I print them on photo paper and sometimes on cardstock.

Prague - Climbing Petrin Tower By Autumngold

And here I printed my photo directly onto pp.

SHeaRI
SHeaRI 
Resident
SHeaRI
In response to autumngold

I am a hybrid scrapper - always have been. I do most of my title and journal work on the computer. I love to play with fonts and word placement.

This one also includes a printed frame...

This has a printed design on the green paper...

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics