Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: ~*~March Do-Overs Challenge~*~        (Topic#1585345)
GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

Remember when you were a kid and you were playing a game that wasn't going the way you wanted and you'd yell "DO OVERS!" so you could get another turn and maybe get a better roll of the dice? That's the same idea here. It's a Lift Challenge, and the idea is pretty simple.

Go back through YOUR OWN LAYOUTS - they can be posted in your gallery or ones from before you began posting projects. Your task it to find a layout that you wish you could "do over." It doesn't matter why you wish you could do it over - maybe you wish you had used a different color scheme, or added more photos, or used fewer photos, or bigger photos, or different embellishments, or a different title, or just wish you had the skills then that you do now to do your wonderful photographs justice.

Well, today, you get your wish. The layout you pick is your target lift, and your assignment - should you choose to accept it - is to DO IT OVER!

Post your original and explain why you want to do it over. Then ... do it over and post the beautiful results!

No sign-up required. Just jump in and have fun whenever you're ready!

I am not the comment police. I know we all get busy and get behind. But we all like to get comments on our projects, so do your best to give love when you get love.

Layouts must be new as of the first of the month and are DUE no later than midnight SB.com time the last day of the month .

And, as always - the primary goal is to HAVE FUN!

EXAMPLE
Original
Follow Your Dreams

I wasn't happy with this almost from the get-go. The yellow flower spray is beautiful, but it doesn't have very good balance. I love the crochet flower, but it just wasn't functioning with the vine. And I finally realized that I was basically unhappy with the whole color scheme - it's just too DARK for the way these photos make me feel. I love the photos and the basic skeletal design.

DO-OVER
Follow Your Dreams - Revisited

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to GentlewoodFarms

Players and Projects

1. Lindaj3
Original
wonder land

Do-Over
Snow Fun

2. Smcdavid1
Original

Do-Over

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX

I have the perfect layout for this

BoBecca77
Mayor
BoBecca77
In response to Pam in TX

I am SOOO in.... I want to do over both my kids entire baby albums. Those are the first pages I ever did and they are awful...I even cropped original photos that I don't have copies/negatives of I wont end up redoing the whole albums but i will definatly do a few pages for each in my family album.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to BoBecca77

BoBecca - got a name we can use?

Your albums aren't awful. They represent a HUGE amount of love, devotion, and desire to archive memories that are precious to you.

In any activity, you improve with practice. Your skills develop and grows. So when you look back at how far you have come, of course you wish you had done things differently, but the thing to focus on is that you actually DID something with thos precious photographs. Most people leave them in a photo album and never make the effort to create something more special.

You MIGHT could take your cropped down images and photos into, say, Walmart, and scan them to create new images that you could have printed off bigger. That might help with the "I've cropped them down and now they're too small..." or "I don't have another photo to work with."

But yes, I get it. When I look back at some of MY first projects, I think how far I've come and how much better they would look if I were doing them now instead of then. But I also remember how much fun I had DOING them back when I didn't know what I was doing!

And the memories are still VERY precious to me, regardless of what the pages look like!

lindaj3
Governor
lindaj3

Good Morning Pam, I am in. Got a couple of pages that need some do overs.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to lindaj3

I wanna play...I've got lots of layouts I'd like to re-do...some of the not too great ones from when I first started scrapping and used the best photos.

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to dollscrap

Please I wanna play this is right up my ally

NMscrapper
Mayor
NMscrapper
In response to julie101

JCI

lindaj3
Governor
lindaj3
In response to NMscrapper

jci

lindaj3
Governor
lindaj3
In response to lindaj3

Just wasn't loving this one at all, like nothing about it

wonder land By Lindaj3

the do over
Snow Fun By Lindaj3

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to lindaj3

jci

smcdavid1
Resident
smcdavid1
In response to tinadn

Here is mine do it over
(or bether bevore and afther)

this is the oreginale fron 2004
originale LO 2004 By Smcdavid1
I did it over becase it lookes imty

here is the new versione
Do it over By Smcdavid1

lindaj3
Governor
lindaj3
In response to smcdavid1

acu

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to lindaj3

jci

lindaj3
Governor
lindaj3
In response to tinadn

Hello

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to lindaj3

Checking in. Feels like I've been out of town forEVER!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

hello, still hoping to work on this;)

lindaj3
Governor
lindaj3
In response to tinadn

jci

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to lindaj3

I've been trying to decide if this set of lo's would work for this challenge or not. Last night I decided that I would post them and you can say if they work or not, OK??
Original:
By a stream By FinallyMama

New version:
U R Priceless By FinallyMama
TFL

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics