Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: Ex's in your books        (Topic#1585395)
Tenant
In response to GMFTS

I have looked and I really do not have any with the mother in them until she was about 3or4 and even then very few of them. I did include my granddaughters 2 siblings from her mothers previous marriage.

rubymillerand
Guru
rubymillerand
In response to Homemaid

This is such a touchy subject. I have a 9 yr old stepdaughter, my husband wasn't married to her mother. I'm making a book for Lilly but I decided to only use pictures we taken when she's w/ us. I made one page of her and her mother as a baby, but I don't use their pics because I don't know the stores behind them. We don't get along with them at all & although we're civil, I want her to remember we love her & all the fun we've had.

rubymillerand
Guru
rubymillerand
In response to Homemaid

• Homemaid Said:
Thanks for your opinions. I will really try to incorporate a couple pictures of her if I can find any good ones. I did include her other children from a prior marriage.

I actually did a page for Lilly w/ my son and her 2 other brothers from her mother's indiscretions. Her mother b*****d about it wasting time but I'm happy I took the pics because they're the only ones and they'll be in her book. I don't care what they think.

Edited by rubymillerand on 03-18-13 06:52 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

rubymillerand
Guru
rubymillerand
In response to dwelch

• dwelch Said:
I think of scrapping as memorializing your life - that includds the good, the bad, and the ugly. After all, those experiences are what make us what we are today. I probably wouldn't go overboard, but I wouldn't hesitate to include photos that include the mom if they contributed to the layout.

I completely agree!

Edited by rubymillerand on 03-14-13 04:31 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

New Kid On the Block
In response to GMFTS

Its no big deal for me. they're part of you whatever happens.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
It might be better to not work on those pages just now until you can get some distance from the situation. The negative feelings will come through in your work.

what she said
whatever you are feeling, will be telegraphed forever and ever to your granddaughter in the book and will affect her perception of her mother - do you really want that?

Shelbys Nana
Resident
Shelbys Nana
In response to Homemaid

After my daughter went through a divorce, I didn't scrapbook for about 2 years. When I picked it back up, I still had pictures of my granddaughter with her father I had not scrapped. I would use maybe one of him and her and saved the rest for my granddaughter in a box.

lgtaylor100
Diva
lgtaylor100
In response to Homemaid

For my book of me< i've wondered about ex's also. I am remarried for 28 years, but my ex is my children's father. Also between my divorce and remarriage I dated for significant periods of time two men for whom I still have nice memories. Do I include them in the book, or would that be an insult to my husband?

Diva
In response to lgtaylor100

Not sure, but it is part of your life.

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics