Page 1 of 4 
Username Post: Megan we need you - Strange PM        (Topic#1585417)
Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Did anyone else get a strange PM this morning? I got one from someone named "Miriam" who says she looked at my profile with great interest and to please email her at a yahoo address.

Said she had news to tell me.

She signed it, "Very much love, Miriam". (I only know one person named Miriam and she has my email address and this was written in very broken English. My friend, Miriam, did not send this.

I have a feeling she wants to tell me about a uncle in Nigeria who has a million dollars to give away if I help him or something along that line. I just deleted it out.

Anyone else get anythng like this?

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to Henri Jean

I'll get random comments on layouts like that which are annoying!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to AuntyT

It is annoying but this came into my private messages. The person said they were from Miami but then said she read my bio which says I am from Miami.

Then they posted the email address for me to respond. I don't think so!

Andra Hoffman
Resident
Andra Hoffman

Hubby gets those all the time..so annoying!

Somewhere in Time
Mayor
Somewhere in Time

I got the same pm as well.

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to Somewhere in Time

Miriam2life got the same spam......how do we report this person?

CatScrapsHere
Angel
CatScrapsHere
In response to PhotobearSam

Maybe you could report the person to Megan. She's the forum tech. She always mops up the spam topics here in the forums, so maybe she can do something about that person. Here's the link to Megan's profile: http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?u=30498

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to PhotobearSam

I think we need to tell Megan. I'll see if I can find her. Or I will just add her name to the top of the post - she always finds posts when we need her.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-23-13 10:34 AM

Maybe you can "report" this post so she'll see it?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I posted the same time you did Cathy so I didn't see it. But I changed the title on the thread to call Megan so she will be here.

Just curious to those who have received the same private email - did she personally mention your town in the private message? If so, she or he is doing their homework.

I deleted the first one out and have received another one from her.

Very much love?????

Somewhere in Time
Mayor
Somewhere in Time

No she did not mention my town......I can't believe you got another message!

AuntyT
AuntyT 
Governor
AuntyT
In response to Somewhere in Time

Oh blast now I got one too! I just deleted it!

andrea m
Diva
andrea m
In response to AuntyT

didn't get a pm but it posted in one of the chat forums im in.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to andrea m

I just checked my bio and Miami is not mentioned anywhere but the private message did mention Miami. I grew up in Miami and lived there for 21 years! I've mentioned that from time to time on the boards so they had to be lurking around in dark corners around here to come up with that information.

That is just creepy. She message said she had reviewed my bio and was interested in getting to know me. I just checked and I never got around to posting a bio so there is no info about me there. They had to be lurking and collecting information.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

What did "it" say on the chat forums Andrea? We the message like the ones we are getting?

andrea m
Diva
andrea m

yes the same thing wierd asking to email her that she wants to get to know blank. much love

andrea m
Diva
andrea m
In response to andrea m

this is what it said

Hi Dear
I am Mariam! how are you! hope you are fine and in perfect condition of health.I went through your profile in and i read it and took interest in it,if you don't mind i will like you to write me on this ID:(mariam.john4u@yahoo.com) hope to hear from you soon,I will be waiting for your mail because i have something to tell you.
Lots of love .
Mariam
mariam.john4u @ y a h o o . c o m

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to andrea m

I haven't gotten those here on sb.com, but I have gotten them through other message forums that I'm on. annoying and creepy, though I also don't think any of them have mentioned personal info about me like in your message.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Tina scraps

This is word for word what I got this morning except she said she was from Miami. That isn't in my bio so how did she know I lived in Miami unless she's been lurking here.

The second email is word for word what you got but she didn't mention Miami.

She even addressed me as "dear".

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Megan will probably be here on Monday. This isn't emergency so I hope she is having a nice relaxing weekend - she works hard taking care of us. I'm sure she will block this person when she is back at scrapbook.com on Monday.

Page 1 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics