Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Extension Posts        (Topic#1585425)
New Kid On the Block

I cannot figure out how to get the scrapbook apart to put in my extension posts. I can turn the screw posts, but I cannot figure out how to hold one still so that I can get one unscrewed...help me

Tenant
In response to haleyln4488

Use a screwdriver on each side one to hold and one to turn.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Homemaid

Me too - or a couple old butter knives.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to haleyln4488

You could also try snap load instead of extensions
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by Kim222 on 02-24-13 06:46 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to Kim222

I know this doesn't help you but I stopped using post albums a long time ago! I hate those stupid posts!!! I hated having to take the album apart to move pages around. Now I use only 3 ring albums.

NoirCat
Guru
NoirCat
In response to binkiemonstermom

When I used the post extension books, it took two screwdrivers on both sides. One still and one rotating to get them apart. Too much work for my old hands, so I when to the 3-D Ring binders as well.

RedSquirrel
Idol
RedSquirrel
In response to NoirCat

I've used snapload systems for every album until my 2012 one. It had a union flag printed all over it and I bought it thinking how appropriate it would be for Jubilee year and our return to England.

BUT I then discovered it was post-bound and I had the same woes as you. What a stupid design! It took me and DH half an hour to get extra pages into it. I was getting stressed with the book, he was getting stressed with me....

Now I've worked out that if you stand it upright, and bend back the covers to expose both screw heads, you can get a screwdriver into each side. Hold one steady and twist the other. If you can clamp the page protectors together using a bulldog clip to they don't slide apart, it's easier to slot them back in again afterwards. Or use a cocktail stick to go through the holes temporarily to keep them lined up.

It's also easier to manage once you have a few LOs in the pages, because it will stand up better.

Having said all that, on Saturday I finally found a snapload conversion kit and I was hopping around the aisle with excitement. Today's job is to convert that album so I never have to struggle with the wretched posts again. Good luck!

Diva
In response to RedSquirrel

I have not been successful in keeping the albums together after using the posts. I have to be doing something wrong!

Tenant
In response to bayamonesa1

What store carry the snap load? And do they work with all post albums?

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Homemaid

They are sold here in the superstore and yes-the work with all post bound albums.

Just click the picture of it underneath this post. That will take you to the store here where you can order them.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by Kim222 on 02-26-13 12:55 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tenant
In response to Kim222

Thank you for the link. I seen an album at JoAnns with this and wondered how it worked... I will be getting this for sure.

Diva
In response to Homemaid

HAve you use it before. Do you like the snap load? I have seen it but don't know anyone who has use it. Just wondering.

RedSquirrel
Idol
RedSquirrel

Yes, all mine are snapload Esa.

Diva
In response to RedSquirrel

I will have to try it!

bigredssw
Tenant
bigredssw

Ditto on the Snapload!!!! I have used nothing else since I discovered these...and all my scrapping group have converted too. Hated the posts and the Snaploads work so well even with way thick albums! First thing I do when I start a new scrapbook is put the Snaploads in...before I even start making pages!

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to bigredssw

i use a screw driver on one side and the grippy thing to open jars to hold the screw on the other side. that way only 1 side spins.

Tenant
In response to Lamoo12

I just ordered the snap load to give it a try....

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to princelee1019

Please note the the poster above me in this thread, "princelee1019", is just copying text from posts elsewhere in the thread (in this case, Homemaid's post on 2/26). My experience with posters like this in the past has been that they often come back to edit the post with spam links later on.

Tenant
In response to aquabunny

I don't see any posts by Princelee1019......
I hope I didn't do something wrong.. Just wanted to let everyone know I went to JoAnn Fabrics today and they had the snap loads there. They also were on the 50% off sale so they were $2.49 a pack. They only had 3 packs but I got them all..... Great dal I just ordered one on here and it was $7.99 with shipping....

RedSquirrel
Idol
RedSquirrel
In response to Homemaid

Nothing wrong, Homemaid. Aquabunny was just pointing out that there was a spammer, but Megan's been out with her mop already and blatted it.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics