Username Post: Embellishments        (Topic#1585443)
Tenant

I was just wondering about using embellishments such as lace, ribbon, and such from the sewing dept. I have made many flower girl dresses and have a lot of very nice and beautiful lace, flowers etc. can these be used? What if not touching a picture or would you not use them?
I certainly hope you don't mind answering questions the I have asked. But I guess better to be safe than sorry.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Homemaid

Ribbon is VERY widely used. I've also used bits of fabric from time to time on my pages.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Homemaid

That's a good question because I see a lot of lace in pictures. I buy buttons in the fabric departments for layouts.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Henri Jean

Good point Andrea - I forgot - I've used fabric too. WHen my husband was in the hospital they let him go home in his hospital gown. I told them I would bring it back and they told me not to worry about it so I cut it up and used it as patterned paper - glued it to cardstock and sprayed with Make It Acid Free. I also used the same gown for hospital layouts when I had my gall bladder out since we were in the same hospital and wore gowns just alike.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Henri Jean

Fabric is generally acid-free already. Be wary of plasticky ribbons, and anything that has that plasticky smell. But fabric, ribbon, buttons, they're usually safe.

Diva
In response to RedSquirrel

Good question. I use fabric and make my own flowers either from fabric, paper or crochet.

Tenant
In response to bayamonesa1

Great to hear I have a lot of very nice flowers and lace pieces left from many many flower girl dresses I have made. A lot are white but there is a variety of other colors also. The last one was Teal and brown. The ribbon and flowers are beautiful....

Diva
In response to Homemaid

I know..I rathe make my one as they will match the LO perfectly, but also...helps me to save money as well.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to bayamonesa1

Don't forget--you can also use sprays and stains and inks to color your white flowers and ribbons and buttons and papers etc. to match your projects!

Tenant
In response to Kim222

I guess I sure have a lot to learn... I am so glad I found this site. You all have such creative minds. And wonderful ideas....

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to Homemaid

I used white Hug Snug seam binding and white roses on this card. I just sprayed them with Lindy's Stamp Gang spray and colored them to match.

Sympathy By Flintridgescrapper

Tenant
In response to flintridgescrapper

Very nice!!!

meela
meela 
Resident
meela
  • meela on 02-27-13 12:32 PM
In response to Homemaid

I use fabric, lace, and ribbon all the time when I scrap and make cards. I have a few tutorials on my blog, (here is one ~ http://pamseclecticstuff.blogspot.com/2013/02/valentine... ) and one posted on The Art Studio now too ~
http://theartstudio.scrapbooknewsandreview.com/extras/b...

Fabric adds great pattern and dimension, usually with very little bulk. It also makes gorgeous flowers. Have fun!

Diva
In response to meela

I visited your blog. Great ideas! Thank you for sharing!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to princelee1019

Please note the the poster above me in this thread, "princelee1019", is just copying text from posts elsewhere in the thread (in this case, Henri's post on 2/24). My experience with posters like this in the past has been that they often come back to edit the post with spam links later on.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to aquabunny

And POOF the spammer is gone. Go, Megan, Go!

Diva
In response to RedSquirrel

That was fast!

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to mmogoingchuan

It's been Reported!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics