Username Post: Can't believe I missed this        (Topic#1585479)
Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-25-13 03:00 PM

Wow, so I have been on this site for a while, certainly not the longest but I thought I knew my way around. I'll fully admit, the activity stream is something I hadn't used a lot before but I'm trying to be better about it now. But I've been using it for a few months now.

However, I JUST now (as in 5 minutes ago) realized that you can leave direct comments for people (as opposed to the gallery, which is the only place I knew to look). I have all these comments on my page that I never saw before. Wow, I feel silly!

It makes me wonder what other "treasures" there are on this site that I only thought I knew so well!

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to Vae

I'm the same way. I usually never go to my account. I was there the other day and I saw public comments. I didn't know you could do that. I still dont know how to friend anyone. My favorite thing about this site is when you click on a topic, it takes you to the new comments. So many others don't do that. Then I don't know if I've read all of it or not, so I don't bother.

gin1902
Diva
gin1902
In response to SherylEb

I like that when you look at an order you've already gotten you have the option of reordering something-without having to try to remember the color or the manufacturer or doing a search. That's very handy.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to gin1902

My big find a few months ago was the "Favorites" option for favorite threads.

I opened an icon on my desktop called "Scrap Faves". In it is My Flappers group, my travel group, my 3 challenge groups and Payday Friday.

I keep up with those 6 threads so when I click on my Scrap Faves icon - those 6 threads come up and it looks like the opening page of any section of the board.

It lists those 6 threads and I can see the red folder next to it to know if there is something new.

Don't have to scan through General Scrapbooking and miss things because they are on page 2 and then go in to Critique groups and roam around to find my 2 and then into Challenge groups to have to sort through 3 or 4 pages to find my threads.

Its wonderful!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-25-13 08:05 PM
In response to Henri Jean

Wow Henri, I didn't know about the favorites either! But as soon as I saw your post I went and found it. Very cool! It's funny, I have some "favorites" that I don't even remember. Guess I need to go update them. That would be very handy.

Gin, I do like being able to reorder as well- very nice feature.

Sheryl, I started adding friends when I started using the activity stream. That just makes it easier for me to keep up with the new layouts my nearest and dearest are posting

Resident
In response to Vae

cheesh i'm still trying to work out the quote thingymajig... i have a friend but only because she added me.... and i still haven't been able to get a profile pic up !!!

Diva
In response to dee.is.me

I am finding new "items" as well. SO much to learn!

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to bayamonesa1

I love my activity stream. It's the first place I go to see all the great creations of my friends and favorites. Easy way to look at all the activity your own pages are generating too.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-26-13 01:40 PM
In response to olleharr

Ok so since I'm trying to learn to use this site better, one thing I have been wondering is if there's an easier way to get back to your private messages?

When I get a new one, I get the pop-up, but if I don't click on it right away, I end up waiting until I get another PM before I can get to my inbox. Seems like there should be a button somewhere to get to it.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Vae

There is!! Look up at the top of this screen (below the Gallery tab). There will be an icon there. Click that, or click on My Place then look at Forum Stuff.

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Vae

• Jarvae Said:
Ok so since I'm trying to learn to use this site better, one thing I have been wondering is if there's an easier way to get back to your private messages?

When I get a new one, I get the pop-up, but if I don't click on it right away, I end up waiting until I get another PM before I can get to my inbox. Seems like there should be a button somewhere to get to it.

As Kim says, you'll get an icon when you receive a new PM, just to the right of the yellow Help tab. If you don't have any new ones the icon won't show. But you can click once on the yellow Forum Settings tab, and you'll get a little drop-down menu. From there you can select View Private Messages (amongst other things).

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-26-13 03:47 PM
In response to RedSquirrel

Yup, sure enough, there it is! Right in front of my very eyes. LOL funny the things we see but don't really register. Thank you

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics