Username Post: Hello! New scrapper from Texas (male)        (Topic#1585491)
Cparrish45
Tenant
Cparrish45

Hello all! I am brand new to scrapbooking. I am a sales person by profession and a father of a beautiful 7 yr old daughter. I have always be very creative by nature and loved to draw as a young boy. Being tin he sales world I recently started drawing again to relieve stress. While in a local craft store I found and fell in love with the Tim Holtz collection and decided I wanted to start capturing my daughters life and memories via scrapbooking. This decision was made at the end of January and already I have amassed quite the stash and have spent hours training myself via YouTube, scrapbook.com etc. I recently posted my first two pages and some butterflies that I created seeking feedback. That said, I recently found the New User forum and thought I would reach out here as well in hopes of developing some forum friends to exchange ideas and learn from. I tend to favor stamping and the distressed look, but I want to know and try it all. Thank you for the view and any tips advice and feedback is welcomed.

boysmom
Pro
boysmom
In response to Cparrish45

welcome, I checked out your gallery, your butterflies are beautiful

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to boysmom

Welcome to the neighborhood and the awesomely fun world of scrapbooking!!

Tim Holtz is a favorite of many (myself included!) and his products are super fun to experiment with.

This is a great site to get inspiration from the gallery, to interact with the helpful people here, and to shop the awesome selection of products!! There are also product and technique videos here, articles and classes. Take time to explore the site. You'll get a lot from it.
Grab your favorite beverage and start exploring!!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Kim222

Welcome to the neighborhood! I don't scrap much anymore, but I love distressing on my cards.

Islandscrapper1
Tenant
Islandscrapper1
In response to siameseplease

Wow, I am really impressed with your work! Wonderful job!

smcdavid1
Resident
smcdavid1
In response to Islandscrapper1

Wow gread your butterflies
I'm verry south of Tx ( Galveston ) but born and raised in germany
Where in TX you are ?

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to smcdavid1

Your butterflies are very beautiful - very realistic. Welcome!

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to RedSquirrel UK

Welcome!

I think your butterflies are absolutely amazing! My father passed away 2 years ago this month and I'm working on a memorial scrapbook for him. Whenever I see butterflies, I think of him. So seeing yours today made me feel pretty awesome. I'm going to have to learn your secrets lol. Thank you

Your daughter is going to love being able to look back on these memories and be able to see herself through your eyes. Enjoy making memories!

-Stephanie

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to princelee1019

Please note the the poster above me in this thread, "princelee1019", is just copying text from posts elsewhere in the thread (in this case, Kim222's post from 2/26). My experience with posters like this in the past has been that they often come back to edit the post with spam links later on.

Cparrish45
Tenant
Cparrish45
In response to aquabunny

Thanks for all of the "warm welcomes"!

Cparrish45
Tenant
Cparrish45
In response to SJB1120

Thanks 4 the comments on the butterflies SJB 1120! I had a lot of fun with those and I am currently working on some awesome butterfly combinations using the Tim Holtz Fanciful die (Bigz). There are endless combinations.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics