Username Post: like a kid in a candy shop        (Topic#1585495)
Resident

i'm building up my scrapbook supplies especially inks and powders and such.... last fortnight i got 10 tim holtz distress ink pads with a saving of $35AUD and i've love playing with them !!

tomorrow i'm paying for my order of the entire range of perfect pearls, the entire range of alcohol inks and 3 crackle paints !!! its like christmas !!

can't wait to see what i can create with these. thanks for reading... i knew you guys would understand lol

Diva
In response to dee.is.me

Good for you! Have fun!

amandaross44
New Kid On the Block
amandaross44
In response to dee.is.me

Awesome! I love playing with all of those things. I find I'll use one item, like perfect pearls, for a while then I get tired of it and concentrate on marker coloring embellishments, and work my way through my supplies until I make it back around to using perfect pearls again. Now you'll have so much to choose from your head might hurt!

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to amandaross44

Awesome!! You'll enjoy them all!!
The great thing about his products is that they are soooo versitile!
Watch a few of his videos and your mind will be running in circles about what to try next!!

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to Kim222

That is so awesome have a ton of fun with those!

Resident
In response to Kim222

thanks guys for your encouragement !!

hahaha amanda... i think i'll probably work my way through as well... up until this point, i've relied on whatever i had laying around with a few purchases from kmart (US walmart) spotlight (US michaels?) and junk shops (US dollar shops?). now i'm getting into the real scrapbookers realm lol.

kim i have spent months and hours upon hours of watching heaps of tutorials.... and yes my head is spinning lol but i can't wait to get stuck into all these great products and take my scrapping to new levels.

i love the galleries here... so much inspiration !!!

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to dee.is.me

You sound like me. If I buy part of a collection...I want it all...NOW. I bought all the stickles and liquid pearls. Now I'm working on the Distress markers. I'm convinced that if I have all but one, that one is the one I will absolutely, positively need!

The Ranger/Tim Holtz items are good because they all go together in color.

So many fun things to play with...enjoy!~Judy

Resident
In response to mrsdriver5

thats exactly what i'm like Judy!!! and its true... the one you don't have is the one you'll need over and over.

Resident
In response to dee.is.me

woohoo have paid the invoice and the package is on the way !!!!

next fortnights package is being invoiced as we speak (figuratively speaking of course hahaha or not) next package will be

All 12 of the Adirondack Colour Washes
Martha Stewart 2 Sets of Tweezers
Ranger Perfect Pearls Mists x 6 - Red, Blue, Green, Pink, Gold & Perfect Pearl
Fiskars Simple Stick – Home Sweet Home

then after that i'll have to finish the range of ink pads, start on the embossing powders, the liquid pearls, build up my stamps, embossing folders and dies for my big shot... oooh and gesso and stencils and and and........ faint !!! hahahahaha

RedSquirrel
Idol
RedSquirrel
In response to dee.is.me

So exciting Dee - congrats! Why didn't I know you were an Aussie? I lived in Perth, WA for 2 year, only got back to the UK last March.

Resident
In response to RedSquirrel

gidday red lol,

wow your lucky your not in perth atm.... the pilburra coast has been hit by a grade 4 cyclone !!

i flew over to perth in June 2011, but i've been a sydney girl all my life.... though i am moving to queensland in the next few months... can't wait !!!

why did you go back to the UK?? didn't like it in oz??

RedSquirrel
Idol
RedSquirrel
In response to dee.is.me

We're British. We were only in Perth for a 2 year contract, after a 5 year contract in Singapore. Loved it! We visited Sydney in May 2007 and within hours we decided that if DH's work sent us there, we would move in a heartbeat. But we ended up in Perth!

I saw the Pilbara cyclone on the news. The Pilbara gets a few cyclones each year but they rarely make it down as far south as Perth. None did while we were there. I need to go and check whether this one is expected to be different.

Which part of QLD are you going to? I have friends in Capella, and we spent a week in the Whitsundays just off Townsville. We saw 2 wild echidnas and hand-fed rock wallabies. It was a-ma-zing!

Resident

wow your DH's job sounds exciting !!

the cyclone lost force as it hit land... apparently a few trees down and a shed levelled but it has been down graded to severe weather warnings and doesn't seem to be any injuries or fatalities.... thank heavens for that !!

lol i can't wait to get out of sydney... its become too much of a rat race... or maybe i'm just getting too old to keep up with the pace hahahaha.

we're moving to the Kirra beach area, just across the NSW/QLD border and near coolangatta... going to live the beach bums life for a while woohoo !!!

RedSquirrel
Idol
RedSquirrel
In response to dee.is.me

Oh you're only just QLD aren't you? We stayed just one Saturday night in Surfer's Paradise when we visited Australia Zoo, and Brisbane for a night on the way home. It was May so it wasn't really beach weather. Kirra beach looks very pretty and just far enough away from Surfer's!

Resident

yep red its basically on the border but still far enough away from surfers to miss alot of the crowds.

i want to go to australia zoo when i get up there and also to the theme parks and have my photo taken with a tiger!!!

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to bayamonesa1

I am so happy you are enjoying them

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics