Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Unwanted Ad Banner        (Topic#1585503)
rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Is anyone else having an issue with an ad banner running across the bottom of the page here and one along the side of the page?

First the back button would not function and now this invasive ad banner. The back button is now working correctly but this banner sometimes is right up in the middle of the page or covers the description of a LO in the galleries. HATE it.

I ran a security scan with my antivirus software and all seems well. No malware, no spyware, or viruses.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to rockmom

Oh and I got the PM reported by Henri Jean and others. I just deleted it.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to rockmom

I am not experiencing the ad banner you describe, even on the computer I use that doesn't have Ad-Block installed.

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to aquabunny

Not me either. Make sure your anti-virus software is up to date.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to t-scraps

Thanks t-scraps, it is! That was first thing I did even tho I have it on auto update.

This is only happening at this website and that is why I thought maybe someone else was having the same issue.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to rockmom

No so far! But I didn't get the PM either...however I did notice the back button so I'm not totally left out of the loop :>) Hope whatever is causing it gets fixed for you~Judy

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to rockmom

Sorry, but I'm not having it either.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 02-26-13 11:21 AM
In response to flintridgescrapper

Do you have a toolbar installed that might be running the ads?

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to stick

No, no tool bars but that is what it seems like. It has the following:

T Related Searches: Scrapbooking Supplies Scrapbook Layouts baby Scarpbooking Ideas Scrapbook Layout Ideas Free Scrapbook Ideas then a search space with the magnifying glass.

I can close it out by clicking on the X but it comes right back. The ads along the side seem to be local to my area and come and go, theya re not always there. I have dobule checked my antivirus software, popup blockers, etc and rebooted my computer. I use my internet provieder's F-Secure Charter Security Suite software. Never have any issues with it in 10 years we have used them.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to rockmom

Could you take a screenshot and post it to your gallery? Maybe someone can help diagnose it with that.

Babylou
Diva
Babylou
In response to aquabunny

I would suggest checking your installed programs to make sure there isn't a tool bar installed that you don't want. That's kinda what it sounds like to me. Also, I would suggest running another scan with a different antivirus or anti malware. Not all programs catch all viruses. There are many good, free ones available. PM me if you need to know what they are.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to rockmom

I just got yet another acrobat reader update a day or two ago that I haven't installed yet. I'm going to get rid of Adobe Reader and just keep another pdf reader I have, but could that have maybe installed automatically and had a toolbar or something attached to it? But you'd think it would show up on other sites then also~Judy

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-26-13 12:04 PM
In response to mrsdriver5

I'm not getting them at all. Which browser are you using? I use Chrome and haven't had any issues.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to Vae

Yeh, I use IE though I do have Chrome available. I might try Chrome.

How do you take a screen shot on a laptop? I've no idea...

I appreciate eveyone's help!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to rockmom

My HP laptop works the same as any of our PCs—Hold down the Shift key and hit the Print Screen key (one of those seldom used keys on the right-hand side, in various places on different computers). Then go to your graphics program and click on Paste Image, or whatever your program uses for pasting things. Then you can save it to file.

I use IE and I'm not having any problems~Judy

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222

I used IE for years until recently when I heard about the JAVA issues, then switched to Chrome. Not sure if the issue was ever resolved, but have stuck with Chrome and have no problems.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Kim222

Yeah, the PrintScreen key might share a key with something else to save room on a laptop, but it's otherwise the same as taking a screenshot on a desktop.

I used IE7 at work because there's no other choice - we can't install anything else, and can't upgrade what we have. But at home I use Firefox.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom

Ok, I switched to Google Chrome and its gone. Must be something on my IE. More seraching to come.

Mrsdriver5, I don't see a print screen key... There are a few keys I don't know what they do, lol, just not the most computer literate.

I will check my toolbars and extenstions again, maybe there is something there.

You mentioned Adobe Reader, is there something wrong with it?

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to rockmom

Hmmmmmm. Sounds like malware, which most AV programs will not catch. Not something I'm seeing here.

Malware Bytes has a free version:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes _free/

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to rockmom

Sometimes the Print Screen key will share a key and say PrtScn on top of SysRq

Glad your issue has at least been corrected, though!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics