Username Post: Well Traveled        (Topic#1585509)
Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222

Have you SEEN this collection yet?!?!?!?
G O R G E O U S!!!
I don't know about you, but its on my list of must haves!!!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Kim222

I just saw it, looks fabulous!!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Manda_K

Oh wow, I only want the journal cards sheet, but boy do I EVER want it!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to aquabunny

However, there's a terrible problem with this piece from another of their new lines...

...oh no, I take it back, TWO terrible problems...

Carta Bella Paper - So Noted Collection - 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper - Note Cards

Edited by aquabunny on 02-26-13 03:18 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy
In response to Kim222

I had not seen this line yet. Thanks so much for sharing! I love, love, love it!!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to aquabunny

Uh-oh! Someone needs a proofreader!

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to flintridgescrapper

Butt the journal cards are only $1.09, sew thats not to incrediably over-priced...Eye might even bye it, along with the hole collection on a whimsey.

Doesnt anywon use spellcheck?~Judey

gin1902
Diva
gin1902
In response to mrsdriver5

LOL- "hole collection on a whimsey" Now every new collection I see, I'm going to have to have "hole" of now "on a whimsey"~thank you for that in my head from now on! LOL!!!!!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

• mrsdriver5 Said:
Butt the journal cards are only $1.09, sew thats not to incrediably over-priced...Eye might even bye it, along with the hole collection on a whimsey.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

Oh, my word....I didn't even catch "whimsey"!!! There's three misspelled words on that!!!!!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

• flintridgescrapper Said:
  • mrsdriver5 Said:

Heeheee!!!

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to Manda_K

Technically, whimsey is listed as a possible 2nd spelling (I checked to make sure I wasn't the one spelling it wrong), but it's definitely not the preferred.

Are they putting kindergarteners to work designing paper for them? Well, if so, congrats kiddies on the designs, but maybe you should have a big 1st grader do the spelling for you.

And no, I don't want to be on the spelling/grammar mafia, but a business might put some money into a spell-checking system. I have no problem with Joe (or Jo) Blow spelling wrong...and I know we all have such wonderful thoughts we want to get down that the fingers sometimes out-type the brain , but a business? Come on...~Judy

gin1902
Diva
gin1902

Could not agree more Judy! It's one thing to fire off an email to friends in such a rush that the idea is more important than the spelling-I do that all the time. It's a "hole" 'nother thing to let that many misspelled words get out on a product you're selling. Especially one specifically designed to be looked at over and over again.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

Okay....I didn't check. Just used to seeing it the other way. But "incrediably"????? I also looked closer, and a word I thought was wrong was "absolutely". It looked like it was spelled "absolutety". But upon looking closer, I see that the last "t" was really a "l" that they had crossed with the cross from the previous "t".

I agree though. Surely if you're selling something, you might want to check to see if it's perfect!

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5

I know...besides spelling they could use a penmanship class. I had trouble figuring out some of the cursive words, but assumed they were spelled right. ~Judy

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.

Oh jeez that's just sad... on the other hand, imagine all the hype and the talk this will cause on the internet! free word of the mouth advertising! I bet it's worth printing one misspelled paper for ))
PS: whimsey is not in my dictionary.. must be an old form?

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to OlesyaK.

I can't get it to copy/paste, but the Merriam-Webster online dictionary shows whimsey as an alternate spelling. Maybe I'd let them get by with whimsey, but certainly not the other one. If there are two words on this page, how many of their other products have misspelled words?~Judy

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

I did check the other stuff and didn't see anything that stood out. And yeah, "whimsey", whatever, *I* sure wouldn't use it, but "incrediably" is a little unforgivable and makes me sad that I want something from their other new collection.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to aquabunny

Well, I kind of hate to say this, but in their defense, I guess, the sample image of that paper on Carta Bella's own website has corrected both of these terrible problems.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to aquabunny

Well, just So Happens that one of the originators/owners of Echo Park (Carta Bella) taught some classes at my LSS last fall and gave us his email addy.

I sent him one last night about So Noted So That he was So Informed. I'm not sure he was So Happy, even though my email really was So Nice, but we shall see!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Kim222

Hahaa!! Hopefully they will so fix it.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Manda_K

I think they already have - like I said, the sample image of that paper on their website has corrected both of the misspellings.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to aquabunny

Yes--I saw your post this morning, but sent the email last night.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Kim222

Sorry, I was responding to Manda.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to aquabunny

No prob. It happens on threads sometimes.

You'd think, though, I'd have heard from someone by now - even just to tell me that it has been corrected, no?

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
I think they already have - like I said, the sample image of that paper on their website has corrected both of the misspellings.

Sorry, must have missed that! I think it is crazy that they let it get that far!

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to Manda_K

well well well, sb.com took them down!!! the thumbnails show up in the search , but not the items . I was wondering, if I ordered one - would I get the misspelled papers or the corrected ones LOL)))

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to OlesyaK.

• OlesyaK. Said:
well well well, sb.com took them down!!!

Not necessarily; the website seems a little broken right now. Wish lists are messed up, and when this thread was posted the OP had linked eight or nine items at the bottom of it, and none of those links are still there.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to aquabunny

yes you are right, it's back up..
well on the video from CHA, the paper is shown and there is no "incrediably", it's all correct there. Can't say about the other though..

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to OlesyaK.

The actual paper is probably fine - the sample of that paper on the manufacturer's website has neither of these errors.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics