Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: How would your husband do?        (Topic#1585561)
Momto3infinity
Pro
Momto3infinity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmcgPO6m4xk

This is such a cute challenge and fun vid to watch... my dh wouldn't have a clue who Tim Holtz is - keep a smile M.

samaclean
Tenant
samaclean
In response to Momto3infinity

My husband would fail. He stays far outside of the boundries of my craft space. Kudos to the DH in the video though!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to samaclean

They seem like a fun & cute couple.

Although my husband hears me talk about scrapbooking all the time, I doubt he would be able to answer each of those particular questions to a t. Which is fine, because in turn, if you were to ask me all about his day-to-day job in the military, I wouldn't fair much better.

- My husband knows that I live here at sb.com.

- Yes, he certainly knows about M's, J's & HL. (As a matter of fact, we're going shopping at M's tonight...he goes one way, I go straight for the paper!)

- Yes, my husband knows who 'Jim' Holtz is. Does he understand the extent or depths of his talent? Um, no. I really don't think so.

- And will I be crafting in sexy clothing of any type (ever?) No way. Gluegun. Scissors. Utee Glue (say no more!)

Just like briefs, power tools & a soldering iron aren't exactly the smartest idea in the world! lol

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to samaclean

Wow he knew the name Ranger, my hubby never would do that well.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to CrimsonMama

DH knows I shop at Michael's sometimes but would not remember the name of my LSS....
He would not have a clue who Tim Holtz is (although, he did watch a video of Tim making a card once that he wanted me to replicate)
He wouldn't know any of the manufacturers of my supplies.....he just knows I have a lot of them!

Alison

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-28-13 08:44 AM
In response to kiyawinn

Wow that is hilarious! I don't think my hubby would get anywhere near that many answers. But I totally plan on asking him when I get home! LOL. I won't record it but I'll report back

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:

Just like briefs, power tools & a soldering iron aren't exactly the smartest idea in the world! lol

now you just had to put that image in my head - DH in sexy briefs with a soldering iron in one hand and a polishing tool in another)

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to OlesyaK.

Does that guy have any hobbies of his own?

Olesya

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Bxr-Linda

Oh my goodness, that guy is a real keeper! Mine is amazingly tolerant of my crafting, and encourages me to spend money, but he wouldn't know any of those names. He also wouldn't have decorated a dressmaker's dummy!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to RedSquirrel

• RedSquirrel Said:
Oh my goodness, that guy is a real keeper! Mine is amazingly tolerant of my crafting, and encourages me to spend money, but he wouldn't know any of those names. He also wouldn't have decorated a dressmaker's dummy!

Yes! Exactly.

Whatever works, I guess. I don't care to know the details of my hubby's hobbies, and I wouldn't expect him to know much about mine.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
  • RedSquirrel Said:

Yes! Exactly.

Whatever works, I guess. I don't care to know the details of my hubby's hobbies, and I wouldn't expect him to know much about mine.

oh thank god someone else feels like that LOL

My husband is amazing,,,,,he buys me stuff I want (Just bought me the Silhouette Portrait for my birthday),,,,,doesn't crab when I want to spend money, will drive me to any store I ask him to if we're out and about,,,,,,has fixed my cricut, made me a bow maker, stopped at craft stores to buy ATG when I can't find it locally,,,,,,and compliments all my projects,,,,,

but he'd fail MISERABLY at the rest LOL

and why should he pass? I couldn't be bothered with his hobbies,,,,,I mean, I'm happy to hear about what makes him happy,,,,,and over the years, I've learned a bit about cars just hearing him,,,,,

but I do NOT want to learn how to do an oil change EVER. Just because he enjoys it doesn't mean I will

scrapnread
Guru
scrapnread
In response to CommaHolly

My husband wouldn't be able to answer any detailed questions, but he always sees tools (Cricut Expression) or papers, or embellishments that he thinks I need. Several times he has brought home Stacks of papers that he has seen at J's or M's. He does shop with me at those and other scrapbook stores but he has no idea why I like SB so much. He loves seeing my create los and sometimes when I am in the process, (I leave my los on the table while I move stuff around until I am ready to glue it all in place) he will offer advice. But we share other hobbies (hunting and camping) and he has hobbies of his own (bow hunting, fishing, shed horn hunting) that I want NOTHING to do with.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to CommaHolly

Ditto, Linda and Holly!
DH is very technical, fixes stuff and his latest hobby is fixing iphones and ipads (very handy because he can buy broken ones, fix them and sell them). I have NO desire to get involved in his hobby!
I sometimes have to endure him telling me all about how he fixed some complicated thing and I just smile and nod a lot

Alison

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:
Ditto, Linda and Holly!
DH is very technical, fixes stuff and his latest hobby is fixing iphones and ipads (very handy because he can buy broken ones, fix them and sell them). I have NO desire to get involved in his hobby!
I sometimes have to endure him telling me all about how he fixed some complicated thing and I just smile and nod a lot

Alison

YES!
Could you tell the difference between a microprocessor and a motherboard?

{I don't know either... I'm just spitting out words. }

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 02-28-13 11:55 AM
In response to Bxr-Linda

My husband is an artist, a painter, and spent many decades as a professional graphic artist as well (architecture and city planning type drawings) so he's very interested in all my goodies. I've even given him free rein in my paper stash, although he's very respectful and generally asks me anyway. His hobbies are mostly creative and crafty, and his only "normal" guy-type hobby is that he builds things and can do all the house repair and remodelling stuff. So - he knows who Tim Holtz is, he understands my need to have EVERY color of all the Distress products, and he honestly appreciates my scrapping.

And goodness, I guess I'm bragging, but I feel very lucky to have him!

Diva
In response to Bxr-Linda

Cute one!

rubymillerand
Guru
rubymillerand
In response to bayamonesa1

Dh does very well, he's actually interested in making pages and learning about what I do. He's gone to a crop with me before (the ladies there were very nice and receptive to him being there). He's got other hobbies that I could care less about like ripping apart old electronics and stuff and I still go to crops alone 99% of the time, but sometimes it nice to have someone to go with.

Here's his page:

Goobee vs. Daddy By Rubymillerand

It's also posted under his name on here, Allterran.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to rubymillerand

I asked DH a few of the questions from there & told him about the video. He didn't do so well, but he did know my favorite scrappy store. But what was funny was that later, I was telling him about a challenge I had entered on here, and he said, "Now, where's this challenge at?" When I answered, "SB.com", he said that he just wanted to know so in case he got asked any more questions!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to flintridgescrapper

Mine is very supportive and prowls Craigs list on a daily basis. Everytime he see's something scrappy he asks if I want it.

Last week he asked me if I wanted a Cricut E to go with my current Cricut and I told him I barely knew how to understand the Cricut I have, I certainly didn't want a more technical one that I knew nothing about. Would keep what I have.

He knows very little about designers, manufacturers and things.

Just fine. His hobby is license plates and I don't want to know what year every state went from embossed to flat plates (and many have). Nor do I care waht year they started putting the rainbows on California plates or any of the things the collectors talk about.

Let me do scrapping and let him play with his license plates.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 02-28-13 03:56 PM
In response to flintridgescrapper

• flintridgescrapper Said:
I asked DH a few of the questions from there & told him about the video. He didn't do so well, but he did know my favorite scrappy store. But what was funny was that later, I was telling him about a challenge I had entered on here, and he said, "Now, where's this challenge at?" When I answered, "SB.com", he said that he just wanted to know so in case he got asked any more questions!

Judy that is hilarious! He's studying for his next quiz... so cute!!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics