Username Post: Lost my Mojo!        (Topic#1585565)
Rabbit51-Beth
Veteran
Rabbit51-Beth

Has this happened to anyone else? Just can't seem to get motivated and I was so into it all these years! Trying to break out of this slump!

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to Rabbit51-Beth

Oh yes and I feel for you. I go in spurts. I have a pile of unfinished layouts from last time that I just couldn't get in the groove enough to finish. I tried everything, I ended up closing the door to my scraproom for a few months and waited it out. It's frustrating.

Momto3infinity
Pro
Momto3infinity
In response to Rabbit51-Beth

Hi Beth, I looked through your lo gallery and you do some pretty extravagant work!! In your bio (sounds stalkerish!?!) (sorry) you mentioned that you like to motorcycle. Last year I challenged myself to finally put together a lo about getting my motorcycle license. I'm always putting together lo's about my kids our family events. It was the first time I did a lo only about me - out of the 200 or so that I've done. Perhaps without joining a real challenge group you could make a lo that celebrates you.

Islandscrapper1
Tenant
Islandscrapper1
In response to Momto3infinity

yes, I understand. I lost mine for quite awhile, for a number of reasons, and now getting back into it. For me, I would sometimes just try to sort through things, purge a little, organize, see if anything made me feel ambitious. I am now getting back into it, and I`m so happy about that. I am excited to be scrapping again, I am sure you will be too

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 02-28-13 12:06 PM
In response to Islandscrapper1

Yep, I just recently started up again after not for 3 years I think. The worst part about that is I also slacked on taking pictures, so now I don't have pictures for some things I should have.

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5

Hi Michelle...Haven't seen you around for quite a while. I was just checking up on you the other day to see if you were active on some other threads. No, I wasn't skulking...just wondering what had happened to you~ ~Judy

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to KimKV

Me too. I looked at the latest LOs, and found a load of challenges and then went shopping so I had new pretty things to play with, and it all came back just-like-that!

Momto3infinity
Pro
Momto3infinity
In response to mrsdriver5

Hey Judy PM sent your way M.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale

It's so yucky when this happens... and I think it happens to everyone. A few summers ago, I was really disgusted. I was off work for the summer and the mojo ran away for the whole break. It only returned about a week after the new school year started. YIKES

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to pinkpaperairedale

Happens to me quite often and I approach it differently than others. I force it back. I take it step at a time. I put white 12 x 12 scrap cardstock that I uses over and over on the table, put my pictures and memorabilia on it and start moving it around. Colors jump out at me and I find myself dragging out cardstock and patterned paper and then embellies. THen I look through my SLice and Cricut cartridges. From there it is easy to get inspiration from the gallery if I need it. By taking it step by step like this, I'm scrapping again.

But the key for me is to not give into it, but if I have to force it I do. Kind of like what they say about getting on a horse again. If I walk away for a while its harder for me to start scrapping again so I just work through it.

Oddly enough, its in these times when I've lost my mojo that I like some of my work the best because I've forced myself to try harder.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Henri Jean

I took about a year off best thing I ever did now I love it more than ever. Sometime it just gets over whelming and you need to step back.

Welcome home!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics