Page 1 of 8 
Username Post: March Budget Challenge        (Topic#1585587)
Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Welcome to the March Budget Challenge!
We're here to stay within limits on our scrappy spending!!! (Or try to...) We have plenty of enabling going on

We take turns hosting (whomever has time that particular month) as it gets a bit chaotic sometimes! We are a chatty bunch of savers and enablers!

The rules: List your scrappy budget for the whole month of March. Then list the high priority items that you want to buy this month!

Tell us how much you spend throughout the month, and keep track of it as you spend. We like details about your shopping around here. No such thing as TMI! You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, gifts or shipping. Please round to the nearest dollar value.

Please enable and tempt us to buy the wonderful items we want....but don't tempt us to bust our budget!!!

I have removed the twist as a requirement but you can still indicate one if you so choose.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Kamananui

I am here!

Budget: $50
Wishlist: albums, xryon x, paper organizers
Twist: No paper unless I need it for specific layouts

Edited by Ladybing Tammy on 03-01-13 04:54 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to Ladybing Tammy

I did well last month and did not bust.

I'm excited about that!

I'm going to set a $100 budget this month, but I don't expect to spend it all. I'm not really in need of anything - or at least not until I see something that I might have to have because I saw it on something pretty!

I'm an impulse shopper. Never going to buy another Cricut cartridge as long as I live.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Mayor
SonjaC

As if there was a question... I'm here too!
Budget: $50
Wishlist: EP Photo Freedom and All About a Boy papers, BB Powder Mountain papers and embellies, We R Memory Keepers tab punch and Albums Made Easy cards and page protectors, regular page protector refills, Xyron refill
Twist: NO OTHER PAPER, FLOWERS, CARTRIDGES, OR ANYTHING ELSE!

I thought there was one other collection I wanted, but I'm going to try really hard not to get it if I remember what it is...

Edited by SonjaC on 02-28-13 04:46 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to SonjaC

I am going to set my goal at 75.
wishlist vintage stuff

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to babigirl

Budget: $100 (it's my birthday month. I get to splurge)

Wish: Lots of Mama-razzi 2, TH Camera die, Dylusions mists, and maybe some more stamps

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Kamananui

Im here!! my budget is going to be $25..yup thats it

I am going to a crop next weekend..I really do not NEED anything...

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Mayor
SonjaC
In response to newtoscrapping2011

• newtoscrapping2011 Said:
$25..

I mean... *cough* Of course I support you, Courtney, but.... I just know your track record here... lol! Good LUCK with that!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Mayor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

Well for good measure I busted some more last night JUST so I could avoid busting on the first of the month... I resisted the Scraputante order, but I did get my crop chocolate!

And now sb.com has 20% off EP and I NEEEEEED to stock up on the EP kits that I have...

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to SonjaC

Sonja don't beat up the computer because you can't resist

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Mayor
SonjaC
In response to babigirl

LOL Shatema! Who's side are you on here?!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SonjaC

okay I had to double check then triple check that post with a $25 budget - really I mean REALLY!!!! Who are you kidding but hey go for it! I'll be the first to support you and I'll be there to say there there honey when (oops I mean IF) you bust!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Mayor
SonjaC

heidiDH traded me $10 in M's goodies for my using my lunch break to go pick up his meds at his doctors. It was win-win and I got to watch a little of the horses practicing at Santa Anita (you can see the track from the doc's office), so I think I made out pretty well! hehehe

And I stayed under his $10 budget which was REALLY hard! I had the 50% off coupon and they had the gelatos (finally), but they only had blues and reds and I have both of those. They also had the watercolor pencils on clearance, but I'd rather get the full pack of 48 colors instead of one pack of 6 of the same color. I did drool over all the Heidi Swapp stuff they had in and used the 50% off on the 12x12 magic paper and a couple clearance washi tapes. Not bad for half an hour of agonizing indecision...
Products Referenced in This Post:

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to SonjaC

Ok Im back need to work harder at not busting but who am I kidding

My Budget $300
Not a wish list but a need list Ablums ablums and ablums my pages are getting damage as I have no enough ablum for the layout so this month is all about ablums oh and flowers as Im running low.

Twist No paper

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to julie101

I want Julie's budget!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

walked downtown and joined the gym and then walked down further to Hobby Craft (kinda like Mikes) and spent $30 but I did get 2 albums (sucky ones but beggars can't be choosers) and a couple of thickers that were on sale and some polar bear card blanks - gonna use them on the girls Christmas pages from 2011. No Paper!

Budget: $50-$30=$20
Wishlist: albums, xyron x, paper organizers

Edited by Ladybing Tammy on 03-02-13 06:17 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

I agree I want Julie budget to

I went to hobby lobby today

75-41=43

Sonja of course I am on your side

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to babigirl

that's what great bout here - everyone is on everyone's side - we don't punish, we don't judge, but we do encourage -either way! LOL

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Sonja, that's an excellent trade.

Day 3 and my budget is still perfect.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Kamananui

I'm back!We went on a Carribean cruise to Grand Turk, Ocho Rios Jamaica, and Nassau Bahamas. Also spent a few nights in Tampa. Had a wonderful time!

Thanks Kelly for starting this month's thread.

My budget is zero, ZERO, zero! We spent more on vacation than planned and came home to medical bills we didn't expect, along with a few other things. My room is overflowing and I need nothing so this month zero.

Page 1 of 8 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics