Username Post: Rats.        (Topic#1585591)
meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser

I thought that I lost a bid on a CM hexagon punch, then bid on another and got it... only to realize that I had actually gotten the previous one. So I had to pay for both of them. And, to cap it off, I was organizing my nesties last night and found hexagons. AIEEEEE!

Have you ever bought something and then found it in your stash?

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to meezerpleaser

YES! I just discovered last weekend I have 2 of the TH dies Tattered Florals! I must have really liked it to buy it two times, LOL! Of course, I don't need 2 of them, a die will last pretty much forever. Now I'm trying to find someone who wants to trade for it, lol

HappyCat
Tenant
HappyCat
In response to chocolateaxel

Yes! >_< I found the cutest wedding embellishments and proudly went to put them in the wedding box just to discover that I had bought 3 duplicates.

Whoops!

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to HappyCat

When I do that, I put the "double" into a bag for my sisters. They do the same for me.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to pinkpaperairedale

With inks and Slice cartridges. Now I use the scrapstash ap so it doesn't happen anymore. However, I don't put paper in my scrapstash ap so I buy duplicates sometimes.

Also micro glitter - no UPC so its not in scrapstash or scrappypedia and I have bought some twice.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Henri Jean

Hey Pink - we were looking for you on Pay Day Friday thread. You disappeared. Come back over and visit when you have time!

scrapchica
Guru
scrapchica
In response to Henri Jean

ARGH! That's so frustrating!

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to pinkpaperairedale

Some of the things that I have bought duplicates of I pass on to my sister, but she doesn't have any die cutting machines or Cricut, she uses mine, so anything other than dies doesn't go to waste. But dup dies is a problem, I sure as heck don't need 2 of them, lol! Duplicate paper doesn't bother me, I make so many cards and mixed media canvases, it gets used somewhere.

GemGirl
Expert
GemGirl

Awww, frustrated for ya! Dang, & other expressions of irritation!

Maybe time for the dreaded re-org of the scrap space?

That's just the kinda' thing that led me into the one that I'm into my 3rd week of...

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

Don't feel bad Lucinda, we all do that. lol That is normal hon. When I do it, if I can't return it, I give it to a friend or dd or I would put it in the donation box of a scrap charity

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to anda11

I have taken a few doubles back for returns several times

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to prittb

I did it with a pocket watch stamp.....twice I exchanged one at M's. I was obsessed with it I guess because I wanted it for great uncles that worked for the railroad. But buy something 3 times? And this is in spite of the fact that I have a stamp inventory. A lot of good that does!

Now that I have acutally used it, maybe I won't forget that I have it again.

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to CrimsonMama

I have a pile of duplicate stamp sets. Most I saw on clearance or at places like TJ Maxx, Ollies, & Big Lots and bought them only to realize, when I went to put them away, that I already had the set. Most likely I bought them initially when on sale for 40% or 50% off or perhaps even on clearance the year before for things like Christmas sets.

I keep inventories of dies, embossing folders, TH products and some misc other things but I didn't start the inventory until a few years ago when I finally got my cuttlebug and I have way too many stamps to try it with them.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to disneylisa

Sent you a PM. My daughter jokes that half of her scraproom supplies come from my double purchases!

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 03-01-13 10:24 AM
In response to dwelch

I did that a few years back on ebay with a DVR and ended up with 2. What a costly mistake!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to IzzyB

Which CM punch? I'm not sure if it's the mini or the regular, but the old CM hexagon maker is the same size as one of the Stampin' Up stamps (and the CTMH one, too) and is in hot demand right now!!

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne

• chocolateaxel Said:
YES! I just discovered last weekend I have 2 of the TH dies Tattered Florals! I must have really liked it to buy it two times, LOL! Of course, I don't need 2 of them, a die will last pretty much forever. Now I'm trying to find someone who wants to trade for it, lol

I would love to buy it from you. Is the mini one or the full sized one? I've been looking for it for a while. Local shop has it but its used for workshops and she asks full price which is more than recommended retail price. So I refuse to buy it lol. Can you let me know in a direct message what you want for it? And how much shipping would be to Holland, Europe? I can pay thru PayPal.

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to TheCharmedOne

Hi, CharmedOne, I sent you a PM, I can't sell you the die because that is against the policies of this site, but PM me your address and I'll check on the postage rate to Holland and see if we can come up with a trade. You probably have product in Holland that is not available to me here in the States.

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne

Thats true! I forgot that part, Sorry Megan! I've sent a PM back to you, We have a lot of local products indeed that arent available in America...

MoonLitSmile
Veteran
MoonLitSmile
In response to TheCharmedOne

I do that way too often particularly with paper!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics