Username Post: Hard to find Flowers        (Topic#1585659)
SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120

Hello!

Has anyone found or made Edelweiss flowers before? I've never made any flower but I'm going to need a bunch of them for a LO and I haven't been able to find any, so I thought I'd ask around! If I can't find any I'll probably have to use white poinsettias or "gulp" try to make some of my own!

Thanks for the help!

-Stephanie

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to SJB1120

Stephanie, I was looking for them ages ago, too, when I was doing some Germany LOs. I think you could use the poinsettia die and maybe modify it to make it work. They do look very similar. You might have to cut the petals apart and move them around a little, and def change the centers. Wish I could tell you of a quick fix! Hopefully, somebody else can help.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to siameseplease

I'm thinking you could use lots of yellow pearls or yellow rhinestones grouped together as the flower centers. Or even tiny yellow pom-poms if you can find them.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to SHeaRI

I think your best bet would be to make your own using a punch or die.

Maybe a starburst or simple snowflake design?

Hdubarry
Tenant
Hdubarry
In response to Bxr-Linda

How about raiding the floral section of a craft store, and cutting apart stems of edelweiss? Assuming you can find stems of edelweiss.

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to Hdubarry

These are all really great suggestions. And I had looked at the floral section and they do not sell Edelweiss.

So I e-mailed Jolee's Boutique and told them that they should make Edelweiss, Dirndl, and Leiderhosen stickers because no one carries Edelweiss and there are people who would want it. They said they would look into production of them, so I'm hoping they do. I'm also going to check the post office here in Germany because (surprise!) they carry scrapbooking stuff.

We shall see what happens!

-Stephanie

SHeaRI
SHeaRI 
Resident
SHeaRI
In response to SJB1120

Hmmm where did my post go?? I found some on Etsy for you and had included the link to them...

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to SHeaRI

It might have gotten taken down because it's advertising another site, but I did see it!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics