Username Post: How do I copy from Facebook        (Topic#1585675)
Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I want to make a scrapbook page from when my son told everyone about his new car and also use the picture of the car and his friends comments.

How do I get that all to print nicely for the page?

I've used the snipping tool and cut it in sections but that isn't what I want and I just don't like the way that turned out.

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to Henri Jean

Good question! I don't know how to do that either! When my nephew's dd was born, I was trying to figure that out so I could print everything. I finally gave up and just took pics of the screen with my camera. I can't wait to find out how it's done.

SHeaRI
SHeaRI 
Resident
SHeaRI
In response to justowen

What about a "print screen"?

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to SHeaRI

Yeah, I've used Print Screen every time I've used Facebook in my scrapbooking.

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to aquabunny

Well darn! I thought I tried that! Now I'm going to have to try it out...when I'm not too lazy to go to the printer.

Fargomutt
Expert
Fargomutt
In response to justowen

you can always right click and look for "print" or "save as"

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Fargomutt

If you right click on the body of the FB message...not the header...then it shows Print and Print Preview. Unfortunately it's the entire page, but then you can print and cut off what you don't want, or edit it in your graphics program.~Judy

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to mrsdriver5

Facebook is notorious for not being able to print from do an alt Print Screen and you might get it.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Sneezy1956

I tried everything and it wasn't printing the way I wanted it to. Or it was blurry - just not working.

Finally my son and I worked it out last night and it is doing exactly what I want it to.

1. Go to the post and replies you want and click on "add more" if there are posts that aren't visible so they all show.

2. Hide the sidebar which is on the bottom - if not it sometimes overlaps on what you want to print.

3. Go to "file" at the top of the page and select "Print Preview".

4. Go to the icon at the top of each page that has the icons - click on the one with the square with the horozontal line in it. That brings the page up larger.

5. If there are a lot of replies and it is really lenghty I shrink it accordingly so it all fits on one page. A really long post could require 60% or more but a normal lenght post will not need to be shrunk.

6. Go to the bottom and there will be page numbers. The one I wanted to print was page 22 but there were 28 pages in the preview file so I had to find the correct file.

If the block you want to print start on one page and ends on the next page you will want to try again in a few minutes so the entire block has moved down to the top of another page so you won't have to cut it.

Then print as normal. It prints just like you see it on Facebook!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

Um, couldn't you just go to the page that has just the one post on it? You can get to that by clicking the timestamp under the post (next to Like/Comment).

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to aquabunny

There is an actual software called "Gadwin Print screen"....install it and you just hit your print screen button, select the area that you want to save....you have the choice of where you want to save to, if you want to print it or save AND print...
It is very easy to use.

Alison

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to kiyawinn

Andrea - you are a genius! I just clicked on the the timestamp and just the info I wanted came up! Then I printed it. So easy.

I compared it to what I printed the way I was doing it with print preview, etc.

Doing it the long way kept the print of the words the same size but reduced the photo so it was no wider than the printing.

Printing from the screen made the photo really large but the printing was the same.

Not sure which I will use in the scrapbook, just depends on how much space I have.

If I end up a lot on Joe's "first car" pages I'll use the ones with the smaller photo and if not I'll use the ones printed from the screen with the larger photos.

It sure is easier your way!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

thanks for sharing this info. I am going to save this thread

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics